• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Finally put on the KeelGuard

You know we do have a 3M Tech on the board...... @Jim Robeson

Nope... did not know that... any thoughts @Jim Robeson ?

Yeah, that's still on my list to... oh well. It's a long list. Good work!

@cwoav8r ... we actually package that primer at our plant. It is made in a different plant and sent to us to re-package. All the testing is done in St. Paul, we call it "Mother Land". But, I do know the engineer that is in charge of the product once it gets here and can get you some better answers about using it on gelcoat. And sorry for your experience with our customer service group, I will try and do better. Now, I will not be able to tell you what's in it but may be able to tell you why it works the way it does on your hull....is that fair enough??

@cwoav8r ... we actually package that primer at our plant. It is made in a different plant and sent to us to re-package. All the testing is done in St. Paul, we call it "Mother Land". But, I do know the engineer that is in charge of the product once it gets here and can get you some better answers about using it on gelcoat. And sorry for your experience with our customer service group, I will try and do better. Now, I will not be able to tell you what's in it but may be able to tell you why it works the way it does on your hull....is that fair enough??
Oh no... @Jim Robeson, no apologies, and I am sorry if I made that impression. It was not unpleasant at all, don't get me wrong... the lady I talked to was very nice, and I completely understand the responses, I would have probably given the same if I were in the same position. I just thought the way the conversation went was kind of comical and I posted that thread for the humorous value. It's just one of those "inquiring minds want to know" kind of things.

Thank you for the reply, and any info that you can provide would be greatly appreciated!

Again, sorry if my post came across as anti 3M in any way, that was not my intent.

On the other hand, if this turns out to be a breakthrough in hull coatings, I'm going to expect my cut. ;)

@cwoav8r ... I spoke with the chemical engineer that knows all about Primer 94 and his words to me were he WOULD NOT put this product over your entire hull. It is a product that could possibly eat into your gelcoat or fiberglass. He wondered if maybe the adhesive you used for the keel guard was what you are seeing as not being stained?? Also, there is nothing in this product that would give you the "non-staining" that you are seeing. Guess it's time for plan B.

The adhesive is just the double sided tape already on the back of the keel guard. No other chemical goes on the boat for a keel guard install.

The adhesive is just the double sided tape already on the back of the keel guard. No other chemical goes on the boat for a keel guard install.
X2
Thank you for the update @Jim Robeson ! FSR and some Meguires, and go from there...

@cwoav8r ... if it makes you feel any better we own Meguires now. So I should be the one thanking you!! :)

Back