• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Finally the wife said yes!

Glassman

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hi @lddv1224 , WELCOME to the forum. Nice boat!

You mean to tell me your kids liked it? Well, then we should make an appointment for you right away.

You may be severely infected. I think the Dr. can squeeze you in right after your first outing. he will prescribe a few mods. That's right, mods, not meds.

You may not realize it now, but you are in for some real fun!

But I would caution you to buy a seat cover for the driver's seat. Somehow they have the strangest capability of all the seats on the boat. At least on mine. You see, it sucked the money right out of my wallet for the first couple of years until I caught on to it. Now I lock my wallet in my locking glove box. :p

Have fun, be safe! :cool:

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
But I would caution you to buy a seat cover for the driver's seat. Somehow they have the strangest capability of all the seats on the boat. At least on mine. You see, it sucked the money right out of my wallet for the first couple of years until I caught on to it. Now I lock my wallet in my locking glove box. :p :cool:
Once again, Glassman .. you have made my morning @!!!!!!!!!!!
TOO phunny ... and wayyy too true !
Still laughing ................. Now go enjoy a great day !

I gotta cut my Emerald Zoysia for the next 3.5 hours. Later - Mikey Lulejian - On Lake Oconee - Soon to be shown on HGTV Sunday night @ 8 pm !

lddv1224

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hi @lddv1224 , WELCOME to the forum. Nice boat!

You mean to tell me your kids liked it? Well, then we should make an appointment for you right away.

You may be severely infected. I think the Dr. can squeeze you in right after your first outing. he will prescribe a few mods. That's right, mods, not meds.

You may not realize it now, but you are in for some real fun!

But I would caution you to buy a seat cover for the driver's seat. Somehow they have the strangest capability of all the seats on the boat. At least on mine. You see, it sucked the money right out of my wallet for the first couple of years until I caught on to it. Now I lock my wallet in my locking glove box. :p

I'm already looking at getting a few mods over the winter. Probably need to wait a month or so before I mention a few of these ideas to the wife. We do have an our 8 year anniversary coming up. What woman wouldn't want tru-locks and a stoltz bow roller. If she asks you guys for any suggestions for my gift. I will take an amp and tower speakers.

Glassman

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
.....If she asks you guys for any suggestions for my gift. I will take an amp and tower speakers.
I had to laugh at that one! Nice try though....I'll let you in on a secret we all discover sooner or later. - You have to make her think it was HER idea.
First, ask her to make a CD or thumb drive with her favorite music - then when you are out there play it low, maybe even disconnect a wire or two...make the stereo sound like crap. SHE will suggest that you upgrade the stereo - go see, it works!

But first, get her to buy in....have her shop for beach towels to match the boat or something. You have to remove the aura of "It's HIS Boat" from her mind. It's "YOUR Family boat"...she can even get a cute lil picnic basket or something for the boat. That would be nice.

CFD3Captain

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
WOW! A great week for Ohio Yamaha Boaters! I bought one just like it in Alabama with 4.2 hours on it. I believe I looked at the one you bought though. Looks like it has tower speakers and amp? If so, its the same one, down around Cincy?

Anyhow......WELCOME and congratulations to you. This is my second Yamaha :) I am sure we will see each other sometime. I will go to Buckeye Lake occasionally but mainly boat at Salt Fork. Here is a pic of some A-hole that tried to be cute over night on our way home yesterday.

Attachments

lddv1224

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
WOW! A great week for Ohio Yamaha Boaters! I bought one just like it in Alabama with 4.2 hours on it. I believe I looked at the one you bought though. Looks like it has tower speakers and amp? If so, its the same one, down around Cincy?

Anyhow......WELCOME and congratulations to you. This is my second Yamaha :) I am sure we will see each other sometime. I will go to Buckeye Lake occasionally but mainly boat at Salt Fork. Here is a pic of some A-hole that tried to be cute over night on our way home yesterday.
It must be the one. it used to have and amp and tower speakers but I talked her down in price some and she said she would go a little lower if she could have the speakers and amp. Alabama, that was a long drive. I was thinking of making a few trips to salt fork also, it is close to my brother-in-laws. Is it a pretty decent lake to boat?

96Pirate

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Nice looking boat! I love the red/black. Congrats!

I can still see the smiles on my kids faces when I brought her home. They were bigger than when we first took them to Disney World a few years back.

Get out and enjoy her before the weather turns.

CFD3Captain

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
It must be the one. it used to have and amp and tower speakers but I talked her down in price some and she said she would go a little lower if she could have the speakers and amp. Alabama, that was a long drive. I was thinking of making a few trips to salt fork also, it is close to my brother-in-laws. Is it a pretty decent lake to boat?
Depends what you call decent LOL. It's not called "no wake lake" for nothing. There is a lot of no wake zone and they are long. BUT, the ski zones are decent size and I have yet to find a nicer beach to swim and hang out. The kids love it. But, it takes awhile to get back to ski zone and back to beach etc..... But we like it and call it home.

lddv1224

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The plan is to get her out on buckeye lake this Sunday and maybe again on Wednesday for a few hours. My oldest is in kindergarten so he will miss the Wednesday trip but I'm sure his younger brother will fill him in on what he missed.

Evildwarf

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
The kids' reaction is so much fun!
Now tell them to sit down, hang on....and mash the throttle!

MutherTucker

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
congrats! nothing beats the excitement of the kiddos! Sounds like you may be just as excited. ;)

1948Isaac

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Congrats...... You and your family will love that boat... Here is a bit of our adventures in my ar 192:

cbus

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Congrats and welcome! Like Giddyupjoe said, we are at Indian Lake so let us know when you are heading our way.

CFD3Captain

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
We rented a lake house on Indian Lake 3-4 summers ago. My father in-law lived in Russels Point at the time. He now lives in Bellefontaine and we plan to come a few times next year. Nice lake, but man can it get rough LOL

OperationROL

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Yes! Welcome Aboard!

lddv1224

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Congrats...... You and your family will love that boat... Here is a bit of our adventures in my ar 192:

Nice video. I need to add a go-pro to my Christmas list. Hopefully the wife doesn't say " your boat was your Christmas gift"

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Wonderful and congratulations! Same color scheme as mine, so I can attest to your good taste. :)

@Glassman was serious about that seat cover...

mark_m

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@lddv1224 love that you're getting out there before end of the season. Home water for me is alum creek but we are fond if salt fork lodge and the park in general. Plan to rent cabin for week hopefully next summer and keep the 230 in the slip for easy boating. The lodge and other activities available there to keep the kids entertained.

Welcome aboard! Shout out if you're on alum creek.

lddv1224

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@lddv1224 love that you're getting out there before end of the season. Home water for me is alum creek but we are fond if salt fork lodge and the park in general. Plan to rent cabin for week hopefully next summer and keep the 230 in the slip for easy boating. The lodge and other activities available there to keep the kids entertained.

Welcome aboard! Shout out if you're on alum creek.
I have heard pretty good things about Salt Fork Lake, I'm sure we will be making a few trips that way next summer. We plan on hitting a few different lakes around the area. We are also planning on maybe a 3-5 day trip to Lake Cumberland. Every year we go to Pigeon Forge with my wife's family and they have Douglas Lake which is about 30 min away. We have always rented a Pontoon Boat each year for a day or two when we are there. But not next year the Yamaha will be making the trip with us.