• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Finally the wife said yes!

ToesintheSand

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Sugar Sand
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
I had to laugh at that one! Nice try though....I'll let you in on a secret we all discover sooner or later. - You have to make her think it was HER idea.
First, ask her to make a CD or thumb drive with her favorite music - then when you are out there play it low, maybe even disconnect a wire or two...make the stereo sound like crap. SHE will suggest that you upgrade the stereo - go see, it works!

But first, get her to buy in....have her shop for beach towels to match the boat or something. You have to remove the aura of "It's HIS Boat" from her mind. It's "YOUR Family boat"...she can even get a cute lil picnic basket or something for the boat. That would be nice.

Have fun, be safe! :cool:
Or you can buy one that has a cassette player and the a crap antenna. Then play the only cassette you have "Aerosmith" and sing along over, and over, and over. It's "Amazing " how quickly they have great stereo ideas :singing:

Congrats!! She is beatuful and a great color! :D The more I see the Yammies with the swim platform seating, the more I am converting.......:thumbsup:

mark_m

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I have heard pretty good things about Salt Fork Lake, I'm sure we will be making a few trips that way next summer. We plan on hitting a few different lakes around the area. We are also planning on maybe a 3-5 day trip to Lake Cumberland. Every year we go to Pigeon Forge with my wife's family and they have Douglas Lake which is about 30 min away. We have always rented a Pontoon Boat each year for a day or two when we are there. But not next year the Yamaha will be making the trip with us.
We spent the week at salt fork in one of the cabins... Awesome week, very tranquil. Great place for destination boating; we rented a cabin by the small art of docks (for cabin and lodge use only) and were footsteps from our boat. Short no wake drive to swim area and other options on the lake for swimming and water sports. Bummer the airhead high speed pump kept big maple in storage but we made the best of it. Highly recommend this place for a vaca with the boat

CFD3Captain

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
We spent the week at salt fork in one of the cabins... Awesome week, very tranquil. Great place for destination boating; we rented a cabin by the small art of docks (for cabin and lodge use only) and were footsteps from our boat. Short no wake drive to swim area and other options on the lake for swimming and water sports. Bummer the airhead high speed pump kept big maple in storage but we made the best of it. Highly recommend this place for a vaca with the boat
Nice! That is our home lake. We weren't there last week though as we pulled our boat and headed south to Lake Norman for a week. Bummer about the pump..if you would have messaged me I would have had you stop by our marina. I think they have a few pumps (not sure though) They always seem to have tubes and other water sports items in there. It was just around the bend (north) from you.

mark_m

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Nice! That is our home lake. We weren't there last week though as we pulled our boat and headed south to Lake Norman for a week. Bummer about the pump..if you would have messaged me I would have had you stop by our marina. I think they have a few pumps (not sure though) They always seem to have tubes and other water sports items in there. It was just around the bend (north) from you.
I should have shot out a message... I didn't make it to the main marina but did check out the smaller one and gassed up there. What a beautiful home lake to have! We booked another waterside cabin for the same week in 2016.

On the bright side I got to enjoy relaxing / swimming with the boat without the tubes.

CFD3Captain

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
I should have shot out a message... I didn't make it to the main marina but did check out the smaller one and gassed up there. What a beautiful home lake to have! We booked another waterside cabin for the same week in 2016.

On the bright side I got to enjoy relaxing / swimming with the boat without the tubes.
If you went to the small marina that's tucked backed behind the large ski zone; that's me:)

Sugartree marina. They have a tiny area toward the end with life vests tubes etc..... Maybe they don't have pumps.

Par190sx

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hello everyone, I have finally joined the ranks last night by purchasing a 2013 Ar-192. We were planning on purchasing new during the boat show season and hope for a good deal, but I found a used 2013 Ar-192 with 80hrs that was in pristine condition, and couldn't pass it up. Just brought her home last night around 9pm. Hopefully we can get her in the water next week. I had her parked in the driveway overnight and took her to her new home in dry storage near our local lake. I was tempted to sneak out of the house and sleep on the boat last night, but figured the wife might catch me so I better not. The looks on the kids faces when they came outside this morning were awesome.(they were sleeping when I got her home)View attachment 11985 View attachment 11987
Congrats!!! Just took my new ride out myself this weekend. I loved it and I am sure u will love yours also!!!