• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

First Boat Family of 4

EmeryZ28

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I purchased a 2017 AR195 back in April. M wife and two young boys absolutely love it. We have been out almost every weekend, and often bring another family for a total of 4 adults and 4 smaller kids. It does not feel crowded and the boat is everything we ever hoped it would be! We have also gone out with 6 adults and felt the boat was the perfect size, 8 may have been a little cozy. I spent lots of time researching and decided against the 210 because the extra 2 feet just did not seem to warrant the extra cost. I also was more impressed with the 1.8 SVHO engine on the 195 opposed to the options on the 210. In hindsight there have been very few times that I have run into some serious chop or rough waters and wished I had a larger boat, so I really do not have any regrets. I do plan in the future to upgrade to a 240 series once my kids are older. If you can afford a 24 then I say go with that, if not the 19 IMO is a great choice for a family of 4. I can honestly say I do not wish I had a 210, but I do wish I had a little more cash to spend and went with a 240. I have a very strong opinion about this because so many people were so stern and insisting that I had to go with a 21, but after researching and spending time on each boat at the dealer, found that the 19 was the best choice for me, may be for you too!

good luck

Slfmde

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@EmeryZ28 thanks for the feedback. I'm currently torn between the 195 and 240. Seem like 195 is enough for my current needs but 240 gives room to grow. Just concerned the 240 may be to much boat for my first one.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We were sold on the AR240 as well....until we realized we could save $125/mo in storage fees by keeping the AR190 in our garage. Totally the right choice for us!

tomeygun

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Awesome boat that AR240 is. Had the budget allowed, that is what I would have gotten.
Congrats! Toss some pics up once you get it out

Grover70

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
My first boat was actually too big. I bought an '08 AR210 but I soon realized my family would not always be with me when I went out. It's a great cruiser for family and friends, but for fishing...not so much. It was a lot of boat for me as my first. Two engines, lot's of surface area to clean, etc.

So, I sold it and broke even on my purchase price. Took that money, went to the Yamaha dealer and bought a '17 190 FSH. Finally I made a right decision, with my wife's support. They love it, I have taken 7 people on it and surprisingly, did not feel crowded (3 were kids). Yesterday was my first outing with just my daughter, fishing together. I can handle it easily by myself, and trailer it too. It fits in my garage, has a head, and is very maneuverable. Additionally, with the swim deck, you feel like it's a bigger boat.

So, I guess my two cents is that bigger isn't always better. We take it out anywhere from 1 to 3 times a month.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My first boat was actually too big. I bought an '08 AR210 but I soon realized my family would not always be with me when I went out. It's a great cruiser for family and friends, but for fishing...not so much. It was a lot of boat for me as my first. Two engines, lot's of surface area to clean, etc.

So, I sold it and broke even on my purchase price. Took that money, went to the Yamaha dealer and bought a '17 190 FSH. Finally I made a right decision, with my wife's support. They love it, I have taken 7 people on it and surprisingly, did not feel crowded (3 were kids). Yesterday was my first outing with just my daughter, fishing together. I can handle it easily by myself, and trailer it too. It fits in my garage, has a head, and is very maneuverable. Additionally, with the swim deck, you feel like it's a bigger boat.

So, I guess my two cents is that bigger isn't always better. We take it out anywhere from 1 to 3 times a month.
I wonder if you considered those new Cobra Vipers? I would try either those or go with Ultimates plus trim tabs - what a difference, IMO these 190 hulls can really use some stabilizers to make them smoother especially in chop.

Call me crazy, but I miss my 190 often. It is such a nimble boat and you can literally do anything with it, I could even push it around my driveway and stick it in the garage when doing mods, which was awesome.

--

Grover70

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
I wonder if you considered those new Cobra Vipers? I would try either those or go with Ultimates plus trim tabs - what a difference, IMO these 190 hulls can really use some stabilizers to make them smoother especially in chop.

Call me crazy, but I miss my 190 often. It is such a nimble boat and you can literally do anything with it, I could even push it around my driveway and stick it in the garage when doing mods, which was awesome.

--
I do have the Cobra Jet Thrusters on there. I only really notice the slide if I come across a big wake at too shallow an angle, then the hull feels like it's sliding sideways. Easy fix: hit at a more perpendicular angle!

It does handle very well. I feel much more confident than I did with the AR 210 but that's also from experience now. I think overall, I'm just happier with a smaller size but a lot of useful area as well.