• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

First Day Wakesurfing...AR190

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hmm, I’m still diagnosing things but was noticing some cavitation on my boat the other day. Especially when pulling the tube and making sharp turns, etc. And when heavily loaded w ballast. I was thinking I might consider L13 cones for next year, if I can’t get things sorted out to my satisfaction.
Check you pump sealing first. This was almost as big of a deal as the L13 was and was a fraction of the cost.

Lee18

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
yikes... Lucky13 cone was next on my list, do you think its going to come down to choosing the TVW OR L13 Cone and not run both???
I have the new JBP TVW on my boat. It's ok but not super impressed. I am adding an L13 too. I spoke with Jerry from Green Hulk - pwcperformancestore@gmail.com and he is willing to give JB.net a $40 dollar discount. If you purchase write in the comments sections $40 discount per Jerry from JP.net he will refund you $40.00. You could always email him too if you want further info.

DavisAR195

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I have the new JBP TVW on my boat. It's ok but not super impressed. I am adding an L13 too. I spoke with Jerry from Green Hulk - pwcperformancestore@gmail.com and he is willing to give JB.net a $40 dollar discount. If you purchase write in the comments sections $40 discount per Jerry from JP.net he will refund you $40.00. You could always email him too if you want further info.
I too had the TVW and was running a Lucky 13 cone. The additional thrust from the Lucky 13 cone caused the bolts to bend on the TVW which resulted in my reverse gate catching and posing a major safety issue. I spoke with Will over the phone and they have done no testing with the TVW and the Lucky 13 and admitted over the phone that they are not compatible.

mwalker4

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I too had the TVW and was running a Lucky 13 cone. The additional thrust from the Lucky 13 cone caused the bolts to bend on the TVW which resulted in my reverse gate catching and posing a major safety issue. I spoke with Will over the phone and they have done no testing with the TVW and the Lucky 13 and admitted over the phone that they are not compatible.
Something seems odd or scary here. Based upon people's reports, the L13 provides only a moderate increase in thrust. For the TVW, no well designed piece of equipment should be operating that close to it's failure point. Especially on a new installation. Maybe that's the problem, there may not be engineering behind the TVW.

Lee18

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That disappointing. I am surprised the bolts are that weak. Maybe upgrade the bolts? Are you sure that’s what caused the problem? Did it happen all at once or over the course of time? What did you do to fix the problem? The TVW seems to do the job but it’s ok but not great in my boat. I was hoping to do something to make it great.

DavisAR195

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
That disappointing. I am surprised the bolts are that weak. Maybe upgrade the bolts? Are you sure that’s what caused the problem? Did it happen all at once or over the course of time? What did you do to fix the problem? The TVW seems to do the job but it’s ok but not great in my boat. I was hoping to do something to make it great.
I received the first round of TVW, the issue was the system was not test very well prior to production. To resolve the issue Will determined the gauge included placed the up stops to low. It was on my second trip out I figured out the bolts had been bent. I returned my system. The way to resolve the issue per Will was to raise the deflector reducing the overall purpose of the product. To be honest I’m very disappointed in how this product was developed and rushed to production. The return process and customer service was a bit of a nightmare as well which resulted in 5 separate calls over the course of 3 weeks and I’m still waiting on a portion on my return. This whole experience with JBP was horrible and I will not do business with them again. All right rant over.

Lee18

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I received the first round of TVW, the issue was the system was not test very well prior to production. To resolve the issue Will determined the gauge included placed the up stops to low. It was on my second trip out I figured out the bolts had been bent. I returned my system. The way to resolve the issue per Will was to raise the deflector reducing the overall purpose of the product. To be honest I’m very disappointed in how this product was developed and rushed to production. The return process and customer service was a bit of a nightmare as well which resulted in 5 separate calls over the course of 3 weeks and I’m still waiting on a portion on my return. This whole experience with JBP was horrible and I will not do business with them again. All right rant over.
That stinks. So what are you going to do to get s good surf wake?

DavisAR195

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
That stinks. So what are you going to do to get s good surf wake?
To be honest the TVW has very little impact on the 19' wake as it's already clean. I mainly purchased the TVW for the purpose of reducing the jet spray while my daughter is tubing.

For wake surfing I'm currently running a the following set up.
- Customer Transom Bag - 490lbs
- Fat Sac center ski locker bag - 300lbs
- Fat Sac under the rear seats (surf side) - 225lbs
- Any passengers up in the bow surf side.
I found this set up works the best so far. I'm also currently

Lee18

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I spoke to Jerry at Green Hulk about getting a volume discount for the Lucky 13 Cone (L13). Green Hulk has offered to give a discount for JB.net to anyone that wants to buy them. It is essentially a volume discount that you can buy individually as he feels he will get enough takers.
Here is how it works. Buy it on his site for full price and write in the comments box “$40 discount per Jerry” and he will refund the $40 immediately after the sale goes through. I just bought mine.
If you have a two engine it’s $40 off each.
Lucky 13 Adjustable Pump Cone for Yamaha SHO/HO Skis & Riva Race Pump [L13 YAM] : PWC Performance Parts

Nauti-Nurse

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The season is by no means over here in Georgia, but with a few locals and a buddy from Florida we put up a last 3 day hoorah on Lake Lanier.
So from my first post on this thread to now, I'm thrilled to say I've made some great headway with tricks and ideas scattered across the forum. We have gotten a good bit of dialing in done and with the help of the Lucky13 (the 190 needed this for some great low end grunt and almost completely did away with the cavitation like most reported on the forum) and another ballast bag we are surfing our AR190 quite well! The newest update was foiling!!!! Now this is a blast once you get the hang of it! Surfing with no ballast gets you to the fun stuff sooner! It was a fantastic summer!
Here's a few pictures and as you can see from the seated picture some shenanigans were definitely had! My 8yr old decided to try first with me and that was quite entertaining.

Attachments

Nauti-Nurse

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Best of all were some of the falls off of the foil! @AJACHIM had some of the best "departures" as he usually tried to walk on water while falling! IMG_2089.PNGIMG_2090.PNGIMG_2091.PNG

AJACHIM

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That was ALOT of fun but definitely has a learning curve to foiling.

Nauti-Nurse

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That was ALOT of fun but definitely has a learning curve to foiling.
I only had one video of you I could grab still shots from! You did great Alex @AJACHIM , but your dismounts were among the most iconic of the day!
We just didn't get any footage of my wipeouts!

willbacker45

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I only had one video of you I could grab still shots from! You did great Alex @AJACHIM , but your dismounts were among the most iconic of the day!
We just didn't get any footage of my wipeouts!
Nauti-Nurse, I am new here and found this thread to be super helpful/encouraging as we are picking up our 2018 AR190 this weekend. I was trying to follow along with the thread, but I want to make sure I understand your setup. Sounds like you went ahead with the L13 cone, pump sealing, and added a couple ballast bags to the transom? Thanks again!

Nauti-Nurse

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Nauti-Nurse, I am new here and found this thread to be super helpful/encouraging as we are picking up our 2018 AR190 this weekend. I was trying to follow along with the thread, but I want to make sure I understand your setup. Sounds like you went ahead with the L13 cone, pump sealing, and added a couple ballast bags to the transom? Thanks again!
At the time of the pics I had the lucky13 and we used 2 ballast bags, one on the rear deck and one in the ski locker... also had one of my big boned friends out with us for a total of 4 in the boat and one on the board. I had not and have not yet done the pump seal.
Since then I have noticed a need for some lower end and mid range grunt on the boat. So for the start of this season I did a really easy mod that I have found quite helpful. I did the ribbon delete using Rivas intake sleeve, however while i was in the process of putting the air intake back together I decided to completely remove the air box and put a 90degree stainless steel (found on amazon by another member. better than the plastic one i found first) in place and put an extra large K&N air filter on it. Perfect space since i removed the air box. AND THAT little change has made a world of difference in the power. Sadly I have not had the opportunity to set up the bags and surf yet this season, its always family day so far. This coming week however I have all those same guys coming up for a few days of surf and foiling. So I can't wait to put that power I tapped into to good use!

Attachments

willbacker45

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
At the time of the pics I had the lucky13 and we used 2 ballast bags, one on the rear deck and one in the ski locker... also had one of my big boned friends out with us for a total of 4 in the boat and one on the board. I had not and have not yet done the pump seal.
Since then I have noticed a need for some lower end and mid range grunt on the boat. So for the start of this season I did a really easy mod that I have found quite helpful. I did the ribbon delete using Rivas intake sleeve, however while i was in the process of putting the air intake back together I decided to completely remove the air box and put a 90degree stainless steel (found on amazon by another member. better than the plastic one i found first) in place and put an extra large K&N air filter on it. Perfect space since i removed the air box. AND THAT little change has made a world of difference in the power. Sadly I have not had the opportunity to set up the bags and surf yet this season, its always family day so far. This coming week however I have all those same guys coming up for a few days of surf and foiling. So I can't wait to put that power I tapped into to good use!
Man that looks great and sounds like exactly what I am looking for. Would you mind posting links to the filter and 90 that you ordered?

Nauti-Nurse

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Nauti-Nurse

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So quick update...
Last week we spent 4 straight days on the lake just focusing on surfing and foiling. The mods really did make a good bit of difference! No more full throttle just to keep the boat moving with 800lb bag on the back and approx 300-350lb in the ski locker. I'll get some pics up soon because it was really cool to be able to surf the second wake back on the foil even without ballast filled. Now that I'm getting the hang of this foil it has got to be one of the most challenging yet super fun water sports I've ever done in my 43 years on the water!

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
The season is by no means over here in Georgia, but with a few locals and a buddy from Florida we put up a last 3 day hoorah on Lake Lanier.
So from my first post on this thread to now, I'm thrilled to say I've made some great headway with tricks and ideas scattered across the forum. We have gotten a good bit of dialing in done and with the help of the Lucky13 (the 190 needed this for some great low end grunt and almost completely did away with the cavitation like most reported on the forum) and another ballast bag we are surfing our AR190 quite well! The newest update was foiling!!!! Now this is a blast once you get the hang of it! Surfing with no ballast gets you to the fun stuff sooner! It was a fantastic summer!
Here's a few pictures and as you can see from the seated picture some shenanigans were definitely had! My 8yr old decided to try first with me and that was quite entertaining.
I love the picture of you getting up on the board with the kid. I want to do this with my 6 year old daughter - what's your advice on how to do a deep water start? I was planning on having her between my legs and telling her to just lean back on me as we get pulled up?