• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

First jet boat! 2020 195s

ZGhost

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Is there a std list of items to check for our boats as part of the 10 hr service? What do you tighten? I was thinking of doing this myself since the closest dealer is an hour away.
@gwrace1 where did you download a service manual from? How much was it?

gwrace1

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Here is the maintenance schedule I have. Anyone have anything different? Looks like you can't order printed manuals at the moment due to virus issues. You can view an ebook. - YAMAHA MANUAL STORE

Here is the 10 Hour Yamaha Service by Phil Dill Boats – Lewisville, Texas

R&R spark plugs

Remove air box and inspect air filter

Lubricate intermediate housing, throttle and shift cable, steering cable, nozzle pivot shaft and bearing housing

Check trolling speed. Inspect and adjust throttle stop screw

Flush cooling water passage

Inspect steering friction and check steering cable adjustment

Load test Battery and check fluid level.

Inspect engine bolts and nuts. Torque as needed.

Change engine oil (Yamaha doesn’t recommend but dealer recommends filter change, additional charge)

Hook up to diagnostic computer and scan for codes

Attachments

Last edited:

Gunner

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just change oil and filter, check spark plugs and check for loose hardware/clamps in engine compartment, under dash, under clean out tray and then just add water (as in put boat in water)....easy

Yamahaul

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Hello guys just picked up my first jet boat. Picked up a 2020 195s. I live in Jacksonville Florida! Just wondering what the first things you guys do to your boats? Currently just bought a thrust vector wake! Thank you for any comments!

just curious which dealer you went through? I just put a deposit down on a 2021 195s at Ride Now was hoping you did the same dealer. Maybe give me some pointers or tips on what i can get out of these guys and what they offered etc. etc. thanks

Medvec04

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Hey! I purchased it from ride now in orange park. I didn’t really get much from them. When I bought they have a really good deal going on so I couldn’t ask for much more. I’ve done some work for some employees there so they treated me like family!

Yamahaul

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Hey! I purchased it from ride now in orange park. I didn’t really get much from them. When I bought they have a really good deal going on so I couldn’t ask for much more. I’ve done some work for some employees there so they treated me like family!
Sounds good thanks. Didn’t know if they threw in vests. Anchor etc. they need any work done? 😂