• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

First jet boat! 2020 195s

Medvec04

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Welcome to the forum! :Welcome:

Lots of great info here with nice, knowledgeable people to help keep you on the water.

You first mod should be to improve steering at low speeds (which you did). 👍
2nd, 3rd, 4th should be ribbon delete, larger intercooler, upgrade sound with amps and better speakers, add additional speakers in cockpit/helm area, dual batteries, lights, etc (not necessarily in that order). Check out member's sigs for more mods they have done. Have fun and good luck!
Did you see any Perfomance or speed increase with the ribbon delete and intercooler upgrade

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Did you see any Perfomance or speed increase with the ribbon delete and intercooler upgrade
Yes, I did. The ribbon delete really allows the engine to breathe. The RPMs jump straight to 7800 and stay there. The larger intercooler helps with heat soak. A cooler engine always performs better. Do a search. There's a lot of threads/post on this.

Keep in mind my boat was a 2015. I see yours is a 2020. Maybe it already has the SVHO intercooler? IDK, hopefully someone chimes in.

Hoyt

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Ribbon delete in our 2020 boats requires cutting as they are built into the intake manifold after 2019 I belive. Our 2020 195S also has the SVHO intercooler paired to our SVHO engine. As a fellow 195S owner I can tell you my first performance mod is going to be the Lucky 13 cone. I'll be purchasing it and installing it before start of next season. As I'm sure you already know our boats cavitation is pretty bad. From a stop to pulling wakeboard speed cavitation is bad.

Medvec04

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Ribbon delete in our 2020 boats requires cutting as they are built into the intake manifold after 2019 I belive. Our 2020 195S also has the SVHO intercooler paired to our SVHO engine. As a fellow 195S owner I can tell you my first performance mod is going to be the Lucky 13 cone. I'll be purchasing it and installing it before start of next season. As I'm sure you already know our boats cavitation is pretty bad. From a stop to pulling wakeboard speed cavitation is bad.
I wonder if a prop re pitch would help. I know I did it to my ski after I tuned it and I gained mph and zero cavitation

Hoyt

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I wonder if a prop re pitch would help. I know I did it to my ski after I tuned it and I gained mph and zero cavitation
A member on here @swatski did a bunch of impeller swaps and repitchs to his old 19' he made great progress, but from all the threads I've read.... The Lucky 13 was the best add for our problem

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Is that standard now on the newer models? If yes that's awesome; one less mod (and expense) to do.

A member on here @swatski did a bunch of impeller swaps and repitchs to his old 19' he made great progress, but from all the threads I've read.... The Lucky 13 was the best add for our problem
I agree wholeheartedly. Forgot to mention, I put these on my new boat (albeit WetWolf - cheaper price) and was able to dial in exactly what I was looking for.

@Hoyt thank you for speaking up. 👍

PJ73

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length

OldFireGuy

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
Awesome looking at all of your posts on here guys/gals. In the market for either a 2020 195S or AR195. Very little difference in pricing but still a pocket full of money for a 19.5" boat. Yamaha is what I want though. Haven't owned a boat in 8 years and I am ready again. Almost ready to pull the trigger because I want to beat the Springtime rush. Will I get a decent enough wake to surf and wakeboard? I am an older guy so not looking for anything crazy. Talk me into pulling the trigger everyone!

Hoyt

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Awesome looking at all of your posts on here guys/gals. In the market for either a 2020 195S or AR195. Very little difference in pricing but still a pocket full of money for a 19.5" boat. Yamaha is what I want though. Haven't owned a boat in 8 years and I am ready again. Almost ready to pull the trigger because I want to beat the Springtime rush. Will I get a decent enough wake to surf and wakeboard? I am an older guy so not looking for anything crazy. Talk me into pulling the trigger everyone!
Wakeboard no problem at all. Surf though you'll need to get a swim deck fatsac ballest bag to go rope less surfing.

The wife and I were going to get the 2020 AR195 as well, but dealer talked us into 195S. Only $1500 more actually, but the upgrades the 195S has is well over that cost. It was a no brainer for us. Plus we like the classy colors versus the flashy.

Check out my build thread on ours for more reasons to buy one 😊😊

jEt_jAk

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Lucky13, Seadek in cabin, tower speakers + sub, upgraded pissers, window tint, onboard battery charger, thrust vectors and lateral thrusters (2020 doesn’t need lateral thrusters), new bow roller, AGM battery, tower mod so it can fit in my garage, LED trailer lights are all things I have done and definitely worth it!

Next on the list for me is the XO750 trailer jack and adjustable pedestal seat.

Last edited:

DavisAR195

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
It you are looking to surf behind a 195 you will at a minimum need the transom bag and a Lucky 13 cone to get up on plain. It can be done though, here’s a pick of me and a buddy surfing behind a 2017 AR195. 9B6D60C7-7B3A-440D-A5A6-D371414FB4D6.jpegD938AEFB-DACB-42A9-83E3-04165F727F94.jpeg

OldFireGuy

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
I think I will be buying the 195S at this point. Same boat essentially as far as functionality. I will have to buy the surf package though.....board, wake booster, ballast bags. So hard to spend that much money at Christmas time though........haha

white2kstang

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I think I will be buying the 195S at this point. Same boat essentially as far as functionality. I will have to buy the surf package though.....board, wake booster, ballast bags. So hard to spend that much money at Christmas time though........haha
I know that feeling. I just dropped the money for the 2020 19ft surf package a week ago for my 2019, but at least I know I’m ready for the spring and don’t have to worry about not having one.

DavisAR195

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I know that feeling. I just dropped the money for the 2020 19ft surf package a week ago for my 2019, but at least I know I’m ready for the spring and don’t have to worry about not having one.
I’m sure curious to see the wave with the new 19’ wake package.

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Ihate to be "that guy", but... I know a guy (me) with some boards to sell... just saying.

white2kstang

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I’m sure curious to see the wave with the new 19’ wake package.
Me too. Ill probably have few opportunities to surf behind it anyway because she wont pull me, so as long as it has enough push for the wifey and my daughters I'll be happy with it.

white2kstang

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Ihate to be "that guy", but... I know a guy (me) with some boards to sell... just saying.
I picked up a 5.0 Coaster earlier this year from Transom once I knew I was picking up the booster package. My daughter had gotten a couple rides on it before the water cooled off. She had the the longest ride shes ever had her first time up on it. The purchase, shipment and delivery was smooth and quick as well. Would definitely purchase again.

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I picked up a 5.0 Coaster earlier this year from Transom once I knew I was picking up the booster package. My daughter had gotten a couple rides on it before the water cooled off. She had the the longest ride shes ever had her first time up on it. The purchase, shipment and delivery was smooth and quick as well. Would definitely purchase again.
Thanks for the purchase and review! I'm glad to hear of your daughters success. Next season can't come soon enough...

FLBulldogger

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
WELCOME to the best forums on the interwebs and Congrats on the new boat!
NOW,
All the upgrades will come but time on the boat it "PRICELESS", enjoy!

pmustico

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
My first addition was a trolling motor on the 210 FSH. Great add