• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

First major upgrade

MrWizard

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Well, the wait came to an end last week after finally receiving my tower from Aerial. I'm slightly annoyed that only the tower was shipped, but thankfully the backing plates arrived the following day.
Saturday, all day long was install day. Started at noon by laying everything out, only to realize that there were no instructions included. Sigh. My friends printer was on the fritz which meant stopping production to go back home and print out what they supply on their website. I refuse to call them instructions as I'm pretty sure a 9 year old could have put together a better guide...
All said and done, 11 hours.

Now waiting for the wakeboard racks, speakers and bimini to arrive.

Thoughts on the outcome?

20150920_122703.jpg 20150920_121735.jpg 20150919_142512.jpg

Now to find a place locally to make a custom cover so it doesn't look like I'm hiding a yacht under the tarp...
20150920_183233.jpg

Attachments

• 20150920_122703.jpg
    20150920_122703.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 132
Looks great. I'm sure you wore out a tape measure making everything was perfect. How easy does that tower fold? I wish mine did.

That looks great!!!!

Looks great. I'm sure you wore out a tape measure making everything was perfect. How easy does that tower fold? I wish mine did.

Thank you. As of right now, the tower doesn't fold. It's supposed to. The "instructions" were really vague on bolt placement.
I have an idea to make it work. Will post an update then if it works.

Really nice job !

Looks superb !

Tower looks great! Nice job.:winkingthumbsup"

Tower looks awesome. Can it be positioned lower, or can the angle change?

Tower looks awesome. Can it be positioned lower, or can the angle change?

The simple answer is yes, it can be positioned/angled differently. However when we installed it we set it up so that the top "H" bar (where the tow point is located) was level and I'm not sure if I'd care to change that.
Should I?

Well, the wait came to an end last week after finally receiving my tower from Aerial. I'm slightly annoyed that only the tower was shipped, but thankfully the backing plates arrived the following day.
Saturday, all day long was install day. Started at noon by laying everything out, only to realize that there were no instructions included. Sigh. My friends printer was on the fritz which meant stopping production to go back home and print out what they supply on their website. I refuse to call them instructions as I'm pretty sure a 9 year old could have put together a better guide...
All said and done, 11 hours.

Now waiting for the wakeboard racks, speakers and bimini to arrive.

Thoughts on the outcome?

View attachment 29434 View attachment 29435 View attachment 29436

Now to find a place locally to make a custom cover so it doesn't look like I'm hiding a yacht under the tarp...
View attachment 29443

Should be able to have your cover modified i would have thought cut around the tower and velcro same as the original ones.

IMG_3443.JPG IMG_3423.JPG

Should be able to have your cover modified i would have thought cut around the tower and velcro same as the original ones.

I had definitely thought about doing something along those lines, however when I bought the boat back in April it only came with the shipping cover. It is/was pretty much useless except to keep animals out of the boat when I parked it. It leaked like a sieve(sp?).

Just got a quote today for a custom cover from a local marina of around $1100. Ever hear of Top Gun covers, material?

BTW, @Geoff Cooper, I just finished reading your thread moments before you posted your reply on mine. I WISH I could get a cover for $280...but you know what B.O.A.T stands for.... Break out another thousand.

BTW, @Geoff Cooper, I just finished reading your thread moments before you posted your reply on mine. I WISH I could get a cover for $280...but you know what B.O.A.T stands for.... Break out another thousand.

I live in Thailand and it's difficult to get parts for our Boats here so it makes you work that little bit harder to overcome problems, I feel sure my Boats the brother to Kens ( Big Shasta ) as like he says his must be a HE as it's to low maintenance to be a SHE.

$208 not $280 don't want to spoil the man

I live in Thailand and it's difficult to get parts for our Boats here so it makes you work that little bit harder to overcome problems, I feel sure my Boats the brother to Kens ( Big Shasta ) as like he says his must be a HE as it's to low maintenance to be a SHE.

Your shipping charges alone have to be outrageous. Not even mentioning how much extra time you'd have to wait for them to arrive.
And I'm thinking my vessel is a lady - cause she just wants more...

Back