• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

First Time Jet Boat Owner in Tampa Bay

JerryK

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Hello All! I'm Jerry, a 20-year Navy Retiree living in the Tampa Bay-area. My wife and I are currently purchasing the 2015 Yamaha 242 Limited S up in Western Mass. listed by member AR192'r in the classifieds here on jetboaters.net. In fact, I'll be up there to complete the transaction one week from today! Have owned several Yamaha Wave Runners over the years but really looking forward to full-scale boating! Very interested in hearing of your experiences, cool spots to visit and info on ownership of our new boat. See you out there!!!

ToddW850

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Welcome to the forum @JerryK and congrats on your boat (next week)! Post pics of her when you pick her up.

Drift Away

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Check out Anclote there are alot of jet boats out there.

JerryK

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Hey Drift! I will be storing and primarily launching from the MacDill AFB Marina. Anclote will be a special occasion fuel burn! Doesn’t mean I can’t tow it over to a Pinellas launch. I’m thinking Egmont will be a regular run for us. Hope to see ya’ out there!

MMWalton1119

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH
Boat Length
Hey JerryK I just bought the same boat back in June... You'll love it. Give a shout out when you're heading out. We hang out at Shell Key, Egmont, Beer Can... heck all over the Bay and Anna Maria.

PJ73

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Air Force vet here. Welcome and...

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Hello All! I'm Jerry, a 20-year Navy Retiree living in the Tampa Bay-area. My wife and I are currently purchasing the 2015 Yamaha 242 Limited S up in Western Mass. listed by member AR192'r in the classifieds here on jetboaters.net. In fact, I'll be up there to complete the transaction one week from today! Have owned several Yamaha Wave Runners over the years but really looking forward to full-scale boating! Very interested in hearing of your experiences, cool spots to visit and info on ownership of our new boat. See you out there!!!
Congrats on your new boat! Welcome to the forum. Lots of good people here with knowledge to keep you on the water.
Thanks, Todd! Will post them. Just hope it looks fine after the long haul down to Tampa...
Try and cover the boat for the long haul.
Hey Drift! I will be storing and primarily launching from the MacDill AFB Marina. Anclote will be a special occasion fuel burn! Doesn’t mean I can’t tow it over to a Pinellas launch. I’m thinking Egmont will be a regular run for us. Hope to see ya’ out there!
We typically head down to Saint Pete or Tierra Verdi for some good food and lots of fun. Good times await.

GeauxDeep

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Navy vet here! Congratulations! Enjoy the new boat!

Rushfan67

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Other
Boat Model
222S
Boat Length