• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

First Tow with our Rivian!

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I don't mind Titan being older inside. I don't mind the gas mileage, it runs on regular and honestly isn't that different from the competition with a V8. I think it's one of the better looking trucks. I don't even mind that it has no stand out features (ram box, powerboost, etc. I just HATE the options layout. What I really want is an SL midnight package, but with the nicer features from a platinum like cooled seats. But you CANT have that. And they don't offer a midnight package on platinum! So to get a monotone body with black appearance and nice features, you have to go pro4x. Ok, fine, I can lower it and whatever and that's fine... Except there's no aftermarket support to lower them. There's lots for the old titan that "might" work, but it's not like an f150 where you can buy a lowering package that comes with the right shims to make the angles of the powertrain and suspension all work because they've done it a million times. You might be able to hobble together adjustable parts from an off-road setup to make it all work, but then the cost goes way up and the price delta to an f150 falls off again, and while Titan is a fine truck, it's not as nice as the ram or f150.

If Nissan would just open up the SL trim to the full line of options, I'd be down for it man. Long warranty on a proven powertrain and all the features at a reasonable price? Sign me the hell up.
I get that. Pro4X fits into the line up well for me in the wants column. Although, aside from missing the cooled seats, I think a high option SV would suit me just fine as well. We have a high option SV Rogue, and really, I only miss the cooled seats. Still has android Auto, pano roof, all the driver assistants, and AWD. For $25k it's been a really great vehicle. I would expect a Titan to be of similar value for us.

I'm off to price an SV with all the options now.

BlkGS

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I get that. Pro4X fits into the line up well for me in the wants column. Although, aside from missing the cooled seats, I think a high option SV would suit me just fine as well. We have a high option SV Rogue, and really, I only miss the cooled seats. Still has android Auto, pano roof, all the driver assistants, and AWD. For $25k it's been a really great vehicle. I would expect a Titan to be of similar value for us.

I'm off to price an SV with all the options now.
It looks like she doesn't offer leather and they got rid of the SL trim? Makes no sense to me.

BlkGS

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
SQ7 or RSQ8 is calling your name....assuming you have a spare $100k sitting around:)
X5M or the m50i make a case for themselves too if you're gonna lease or buy warranties.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
SQ7 or RSQ8 is calling your name....assuming you have a spare $100k sitting around:)
The SQ8 is exactly what she wants lol

BlkGS

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The SQ8 is exactly what she wants lol
My realtor had one. She said she loved how it looked but couldn't wait to trade it away. It was with the dealer more than with her. She literally couldn't trade it in because it was broken all the time, so she kept driving loaner cars lol.

It's a sharp car, but a little too nice inside. It's one of those cars that looks great as a press car or on a dealer lot, but if you have dogs or kids they get nasty quick. It's very much a "my kids are grown" kind of car, cleaning apple sauce out of... Everywhere in it would be a nightmare. But if y'all aren't doing kids it's a great option.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
4 pages of posts on towing with a Rivian! I don’t know how I missed all the activity. Let’s see… “Rivian“ got only one mention past the first page, and towing barely got half way through the second page. 🤣
We have ADD and poor organization skills. Sorry.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Stealth any more updates and information you could share with us on how the Rivian is doing as a tow vehicle?