• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Fishfinder install on 2019 and newer ar190/195

marcham

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I did. If you are not keen about it, a good option is to install a stern saver mounting plate.

mrtrav

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Ended up having the dealer install it while the boat was in for warranty work. Replaced the phone holder with this, since the only reason I used that holder was to display speed from an app. The Garmin tracks speed so much better than the app did.

Attachments

Ryno

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Did you install the transducer yourself? I'm a bit nervous about drilling holes in the hull.
That's where I'm at....even if you do the Stern Saver for the transducer, you still need a hole to run the wiring through, correct?

Dan B

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
That's where I'm at....even if you do the Stern Saver for the transducer, you still need a hole to run the wiring through, correct?
Yes the hole is already there. Ran my cable up through the small drain hole. Into the drain tube and put a “t” in the tube and capped it off with a rubber gasket. I’ve seen others do the same. I don’t have pics of mine but there’s some on here somewhere. Lol

Ryno

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
So is this the drain hole your referring too? The black plastic thing with white plastic around it?

Thanks for the help!!

Attachments

Dan B

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Now I’m not recommending this. Water can get in if you’re not careful. But others have done this and it’s worked for me.

Dan B

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
So is this the drain hole your referring too? The black plastic thing with white plastic around it?

Thanks for the help!!
But no that is not the drain hole.

Ryno

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Got it thanks again!