• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Fishing Boat Addons!

Eric Ballard

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Eric Ballard did you end up redesigning this?

I am planning to do this same thing. Hopefully this weekend.

With the 2019 I have the hinged seats upfront, so plan to use the hinges to secure the platform to the boat.
No, ultimately what I built works great for me. My advice is to very carefully make your pattern for the deck. If you remove the cushions for the deck you want the deck to be as water tight as possible in case you take water over the bow like I did. Also, don't cover the deck in rubber like I did, use carpeting as you will get better traction.

I look forward to seeing your version! congrats on the '19 they made some great changes this year for sure.

B0at1n

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I like the white platform idea, but your saying to cover with marine carpet instead of painting it?

If I use the carpet I probably wouldn’t need the rubber edges?

How would you seal it better if you re-did yours?

I don’t plan to be in rough water so should be very unlikely I take water over the bow, but anything is possible.

Eric Ballard

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The white rubber I used is pretty slithery when wet.

If you use carpet be careful what material it is so the carpet is not too abrasive on the gelcoat. This is mainly why I used rubber. I guess what I’m saying If I re did it if used carpet with rubber backing.

I didn’t plan to be in rough water either, but it happened so just keep that in mind. Obviously other factors lead to my issues.

B0at1n

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Got the shape cut out today,
(It will have the foam all the way around when done)

Going to water proof and see how it goes.
I don’t really want to carpet it. I like the white look. Maybe paint in white and put some grip tape on it so it’s not to slippery.

Also measured and plan to attempt making a wind breaker door.
FE14D621-3286-41A3-B3CD-0A2C6B7199AF.jpeg

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Got the shape cut out today,
(It will have the foam all the way around when done)

Going to water proof and see how it goes.
I don’t really want to carpet it. I like the white look. Maybe paint in white and put some grip tape on it so it’s not to slippery.

Also measured and plan to attempt making a wind breaker door.
View attachment 85518
That is a nice fishing mod!!!

Could even SeaDek it, lol.

Emptytemples

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I really like the fishing deck and will be doing that for my 190.

I bought a few of these for the swim deck cup holders.. look a lot like stock and the guys at the company are helpful and respond asap. https://mateseries.com/product-category/abs-plastic/

I also saw these for my rtic.. can also be used on other similar coolers, believe they are made for yeti https://www.amazon.com/Cooler-Holder-Works-Casting-Spinning/dp/B06Y1RY4XR/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1546919071&sr=8-2&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=yeti+rod+holder&dpPl=1&dpID=41v3j8agcgL&ref=plSrch

The only thing a havent figured out is the spinning when killing the engine for a drift. I fish mostly in the bay where I would like to drift with the inbound tide. Do the thrust vectors or cobra type find help at all with this? With an outboard you can at least use the outboard to somewhat control your direction. Our boats spin like tops.

Zak77

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I really like the fishing deck and will be doing that for my 190.

I bought a few of these for the swim deck cup holders.. look a lot like stock and the guys at the company are helpful and respond asap. https://mateseries.com/product-category/abs-plastic/

I also saw these for my rtic.. can also be used on other similar coolers, believe they are made for yeti https://www.amazon.com/Cooler-Holder-Works-Casting-Spinning/dp/B06Y1RY4XR/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1546919071&sr=8-2&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=yeti+rod+holder&dpPl=1&dpID=41v3j8agcgL&ref=plSrch

The only thing a havent figured out is the spinning when killing the engine for a drift. I fish mostly in the bay where I would like to drift with the inbound tide. Do the thrust vectors or cobra type find help at all with this? With an outboard you can at least use the outboard to somewhat control your direction. Our boats spin like tops.
I have the cobra's on my SX230 and have not noticed our boat spinning when drifting. This past summer we took the boat up to Cade Cod with us. I'd drift in the shallows around provincetown to catch mackerel on the sabiki's. Drifted great. Then we'd head out to the ocean side to use the mackerels for bait. Would drift out there as well and again boat typically did what I wanted it to do. it would swing typically into the wind, and we'd drift with the stern pointed towards the beach. I also took the boat down to Oak Island NC. Didn't drift as much but when we did I do not remember it spinning at all. Was shocked at how well it handled the surf as one day was quite rough.

Emptytemples

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I thought about getting the fins solely for this reason but I am against adding them to the boat. No offense to JBP and Cobra who are on here. I think the products are great but I can get the boat to do whatever I want around the docks.

Zak77

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I bought our boat used, from the original owner. He put them on many many years ago. I've been thinking about replacing them with JBP with the reverse thrusters just to make it a little easier to steer in low speeds. Especially when trying to dock at the restaurants along the Chesapeake.

Zak77

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Honestly no idea. Does not have a hour meter. Previous owner used it a bit, but was an Army officer and kept it in insane shape. I have a massive stack of receipts from the day he bought it. Runs incredible but does have the annoying cables that I need to adjust. Would love to find a way to upgrade the wake mode software to be a cruise control for trolling. I'll be adding hour meters to the boat this spring.

ythao559

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have had my casting deck for almost a year and it had made fishing possible and a pleasure on my AR190. I owe it to this forum, especially @Eric Ballard for posting up the idea.

I leave the casting deck up for about 95% of my time on the water. That is mostly because I do more fishing than anything else but the main reason is because I use my trolling motor, Minnkota Terrova 80 iPilot Link, to anchor ("spot lock") a lot.

I made the deck two piece to make it easier to remove. Deck is also supported from below so that in rough water, it is solid as a rock.

This boat may not be the best at anything, it can definitely do almost everything.

Deck.jpg
Side.jpg
Anchor_storage.jpg
Connections.jpg
0305191210_HDR.jpg
Attachment_Point1.jpgAttachment_Point2.jpg
Deck_ClampSupport.jpg
0305191208.jpg

Attachments