• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Fishing Platform

Raphael

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
how hard is that to get in/out with out rubbing on the upper cushions?
That was the hardest part! We had to tinker I order for it to work. To install put the nose in first then the rest go down smooth

Raphael

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We took the boat out for a dry run with the new fishing deck and it works perfectly

sysinu

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Looks like great water conditions on Utah lake!

Is that paint or carpet? I really can't tell. Great job on that platform all the same!

Raphael

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Looks like great water conditions on Utah lake!

Is that paint or carpet? I really can't tell. Great job on that platform all the same!

I used paint, I don't know if I would choose to paint it if I did it over because the waterproof paint isn't that great there was some bleeding and I had to wipe down the side cushions after I installed the fish deck, That being said the fishing deck worked flawlessly and it gave me so much room to fish! I am so glad we built this and it changes everything as far as the utility of the boat.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Nice work on your deck. As a kid I built a bow deck for our fishing boat. I used a similar method with cardboard to measure and make a template to cut the wood.

I did end up cutting the wood around the edge beveled to match the slope of the inside of the hull. We did cut it slightly smaller so that we could wrap the entire deck with indoor/outdoor carpet. This not only created a nice platform to stand on with bare feet, it protected the hull from scratches.

When we did cut an access door in the middle, I did the same and cut the square door beveled. So when closed, it simply nested into the deck. I'm sure you have access from the rear as it is not closed off. So no need for a door.

The next project should be the elusive bow-mount trolling motor mount that we have seen rare photos of.

Good luck fishing! We finally have ice off the lakes up here and the water is warming up. Fish should be active very soon.

Raphael

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Nice work on your deck. As a kid I built a bow deck for our fishing boat. I used a similar method with cardboard to measure and make a template to cut the wood.

I did end up cutting the wood around the edge beveled to match the slope of the inside of the hull. We did cut it slightly smaller so that we could wrap the entire deck with indoor/outdoor carpet. This not only created a nice platform to stand on with bare feet, it protected the hull from scratches.

When we did cut an access door in the middle, I did the same and cut the square door beveled. So when closed, it simply nested into the deck. I'm sure you have access from the rear as it is not closed off. So no need for a door.

The next project should be the elusive bow-mount trolling motor mount that we have seen rare photos of.

Good luck fishing! We finally have ice off the lakes up here and the water is warming up. Fish should be active very soon.
I may end up wrapping it with something eventually but I'm gonna use it a few hundred times and figure out what it needs versus trying to guess, Thanks for your post.

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
@Raphael .......... INCREDIBLY great project.
Loved seein' your Son fishing off of it !
And super good photos. Thjis is just a really GOOD "Feel good" threads !
Always Best Wishes, Mikey Lulejian - Lake Oconee, GA

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@MikeyL

Speaking of our 15's didn't @JetBoatPilot create a "fishing kit" before for some of the older models? I don't quite have the nack/energy to be quite as creative. Not to mention, the new hinged seat cushions that I DEFINITELY don't want to scratch/ruin. Any ideas?

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
@Bennie: Thanks for asking. I do not know.
But Will Owens, MISTER @JetBoatPilot is soooooooo helpful. This is an excellent question to phone him directly on.
Good Luck - Mikey Lulejian - Lake Oconee GA (and home of the continually losing Atlanta Braves)

TWENTY B

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Can anyone repost the pics? They don't work

Billy Marlin

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score