• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Fishing Rod Holders

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Amazon just arrived with 2 sets of these for me. I found them on another thread. They feel real solid and well built.

I have the powder coated Tower on my boat and I am worried if I secure them down it will damage the blue coating. The screws are not too much longer than what I need. I was thinking some rolled rubber like you put for flashing or on a roof. It is thin and durable, I have some in the garage somewhere, between the tube and stainless steel? Any better suggestions would be more than welcomed.

Also, I was thinking 30 degrees. Is there a standard that individuals use as the norm?

EvenParr

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
This worked great for a 2007 Yamaha 230sx
1. Bought this thing from Tite-Lok ( 5940-620 Stow Away Trolling System )
2. Bought this 11" version Attwood Wedge 2" Extension Post with a 3/4" pin up top
3. I took a hacksaw to the Attwood, and cut it just above the black base, leaving the 2" post and adapter pin (about 9" long)
4. Cut a small, 6" pool float noodle and shoved it inside the boat's original rear table post (it is shorter than the main table)
5. Slide the trimmed Attwood into the table post
6. Insert the table post in the swim platform hole
7. Insert the Tite-Lok
8. Tether each side of the Tite-Lok to the stern cleats for extra support
9. Boom, hook up your snap weights and planer boards, and you're fishing!!

Bonus, is the noodle will keep the post afloat if it falls in the water. I actually cut another noodle and put into the longer post, just in case it fell in too. I haven't done it, but you could also drill a small hole for a set screw to keep the 2" Attwood in place.

Attachments

amccoy

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Amazon just arrived with 2 sets of these for me. I found them on another thread. They feel real solid and well built.

I have the powder coated Tower on my boat and I am worried if I secure them down it will damage the blue coating. The screws are not too much longer than what I need. I was thinking some rolled rubber like you put for flashing or on a roof. It is thin and durable, I have some in the garage somewhere, between the tube and stainless steel? Any better suggestions would be more than welcomed.

Also, I was thinking 30 degrees. Is there a standard that individuals use as the norm?

Did these work for you? Do have have a picture you can share? Thanks

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
They work fine. Can't snap a pic right now, boat is covered up. Will try in the next few days.

Inthrustwetrust

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
What about the rubber spacers they make for wakeboard tower speaker clamp mounts? I linked a example, there are a bunch of different sizes/thicknesses out there, I would just take a exacto knife and trim those thicker outsides off.

Liveto99

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Little piece of weatherstripping or tape insulation first, then the clamp.

amccoy

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
How did you mount them to the tower?

Wisefam22

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Scotty 404 mount and then rocket launchers works awesome

rrmadore

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hangoutdoors, how did you make out with the clamps? I'm thinking about getting a set, I'm a little nervous about scratching up the tower though. Where did you source the rubber from? How secure are the rod holders to the tower when using rubber?

Please post some up close pics if able to.

Thanks!

YamaHog

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@rrmadore , I ended up going with the same rod holders @HangOutdoors mentions above on my 2020 195s. The are good quality and are solid once installed. You can see some close up pictures of what I did with mine after reading this thread and several others.

My Rod Holders installed on my 195S

I purchased grayed colored weather stripping from O'Reilly's Auto Parts with the adhesive backing. I first wrapped this around the wake tower about the width of the rod holder mounts on each side. Then to be extra safe I took some black rubber shop shelf liner and cut it to the same width as the weather stripping and placed that over the top of the applied weather stripping foam, securing it into place with two black cable ties.

Then I mounted the rod holders and tightened down the allen screws (snug so the rod holders don't move but only tighten by hand as not to bend the tower metal).

You'll also want to remove the allen screw that allows you to adjust the angle of the holder and put some "Anti-Seize" on it before re-installing. I was able to get this at O'Reilly's as well.

I've been out trolling with them and they work great! I'm now working on fabricating a small cable attachment to bottom post inside of each of the rod holders so that I can secure the rods into place. I'm not worried about them coming out of the holders while trolling, but a "safety chain" of sorts would allow me to leave the rods in the holders while traveling on plane.