• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Fitting a Mantus Anchor in a 2015 Ar240 front anchor compartment

1948Isaac

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
In my Opinion the mantus anchor is the best anchor out there from any other anchor i have ever seen or use in the past.. I have use more than 5 different brands of anchors in different boats and grounds and the mantus anchor in my opinion is the best one out there of all. The problem is the size of it and how you can make it fit in your ar240 front anchor compartment without eliminating your front ladder . I had to modify a few things but it can be done with very little work. I usually never post much of the things i have added on my boat but i feel this one will help lots of people with finding the right anchor and be able to make it fit in their compartment without giving up your front ladder.. Here his a quick video and a few photos..

20170226_165925.jpg 20170226_165920.jpg 20170226_165750.jpg 20170226_165755.jpg 20170226_165743.jpg 20170226_165735.jpg

Last edited:

KXCam22

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
There is no way my Bullawaga anchor would fit in the locker. It's shape is too weird. However it does fit nicely below the front bow cushion in a custom holder. Anchor locker holds the fenders now. Cam.

Danielmailin

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Nice! I just bought one at the boatshow for my FSH and im tryng to see how can i make it fit un the anchor locker.
@OUT ON THE REEF any luck in making yours fit?

Danielmailin

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
@1948Isaac @OUT ON THE REEF @Bruce
Another tip when using a Mantus or any other anchor that you don't want to lose due to being stuck in a rocky botom, is to use the Zip tie method:
  • zip tip the chain to the top of the anchor where the hooks are to make a breakaway anchor,
  • In case it is stock, pull hard and snap the zip tie so it to pulls up
2017-02-27 21.35.14.png Screenshot_2017-02-27-21-24-45.png

Last edited:

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Awesome tip, @Danielmailin!
Wish I knew that trick last weekend. My back is still sour and have a bunch of blisters on my hands - saving my favorite anchor... that steel cable felt like few hundred lbs.
upload_2017-2-27_20-56-1.png

--

Drift Away

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
In my Opinion the mantus anchor is the best anchor out there from any other anchor i have ever seen or use in the past.. I have use more than 5 different brands of anchors in different boats and grounds and the mantus anchor in my opinion is the best one out there of all. The problem is the size of it and how you can make it fit in your ar240 front anchor compartment without eliminating your front ladder . I had to modify a few things but it can be done with very little work. I usually never post much of the things i have added on my boat but i feel this one will help lots of people with finding the right anchor and be able to make it fit in their compartment without giving up your front ladder.. Here his a quick video and a few photos..

View attachment 52015 View attachment 52016 View attachment 52017 View attachment 52018 View attachment 52019 View attachment 52020
Damn i just got done putting in my stero and told the wife i was done messing with the boat... but my mantus would look pretty sweet up there. Time to get to cutting i guess.

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I just got one of the 13lb Mantus anchors. Has anyone been able to get it to fit in the anchor locker for a 230 series boat?

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I just got one of the 13lb Mantus anchors. Has anyone been able to get it to fit in the anchor locker for a 230 series boat?
Please install yours quickly so I will know if I can fit one in before Bimini;)

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
What????? Are you considering a leap from the Fortress to the Mantus?

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
What????? Are you considering a leap from the Fortress to the Mantus?
Not sure, I always take two anchors. The Fortress is working very well for us but if the Mantus fits I would consider it.

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Your reviews and opinions of the Fortress kept playing out in my head. My plan is to lake test the Mantus for a bit. If it doesn't work awesome, I was going to get the Fortress. That being said, I have yet to be able to test the Mantus on the water. On land, the Mantus does exactly what it is supposed to do. It digs right in. Even through hard dry dirt with grass growing on it. I am impressed so far.

Now, the locker dilemma....I honestly dont think it will fit in the 230 series. If you took the round part off, I think it might fit with some finagling.

ESU2

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I love my small Mantus Dinghty anchor. It's very light, stores easily and has never failed to hold my boot, albeit a 19 footer.

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I love my small Mantus Dinghty anchor. It's very light, stores easily and has never failed to hold my boot, albeit a 19 footer.
I am anxious to try my 13lb Mantus out. I am hoping it will hold flawlessly. I considered the 8lb, but wanted a "sure" hold. I just wish it was easier to fit in the 230 series' anchor locker.

@Bruce - we could install a windlass and the Mantus would hang beautifully from the bow!!! I think it would compliment your fridge nicely. =)

DCB-270

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Sweet! I'm looking forward to seeing one up close and get you impressions of it.

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Sweet! I'm looking forward to seeing one up close and get you impressions of it.
Heck yeah!! I am looking forward to testing it also.

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@1948Isaac @OUT ON THE REEF @Bruce
Another tip when using a Mantus or any other anchor that you don't want to lose due to being stuck in a rocky botom, is to use the Zip tie method:
  • zip tip the chain to the top of the anchor where the hooks are to make a breakaway anchor,
  • In case it is stock, pull hard and snap the zip tie so it to pulls up
View attachment 52059 View attachment 52060
How well does the zip tie hold when anchoring the boat? Seems like it would snap while setting the anchor if pulling too hard.

Danielmailin

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
You have to use a good size zip tie, once you drop this anchor, it sets rigth away. when ready to leave, yank on the ropes 2 times and the zip tie breaks.
Must install new zip tie after each use.
Best way not to ever loose an anchor.

Bill D

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

DCB-270

Jetboaters Captain