• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Florida Yamaha Get Together

fairpilot

Jetboaters Commander
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Would like to try and put a gathering together for the Florida Jet boaters. (everyone is welcome not just Florida :) ) In the past we have done a run to silver Glen Springs but I am open to all ideas. I am in Daytona, we have a great boating inlet here so that is an idea others ideas are Elliot Key, key largo, Panhandle. any where we go someone will have to be the guide. If interested lets plan something for early August.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Great idea Chris. Let me know when you have dates and I will add it to the Event Calendar

McMark

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'll be in DBS the last two weeks of September if any of you Daytona beach folks want to get together.

fairpilot

Jetboaters Commander
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I'll be in DBS the last two weeks of September if any of you Daytona beach folks want to get together.
Im gone sept. 10-17 but could try to boat on 18th, tides look perfect for ponce inlet

2nazt

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tidewater
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I'll follow this I'm in the Treasure Coast area lots of great places to go here as well.

fairpilot

Jetboaters Commander
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Kinda thinking a weekend thing so people have a choice Saturday, Sunday or both. If we do Ponce inlet on Saturday, we could go to Silver Glenn (ramp in Astor Fl)springs on sunday (about 45 min from Daytona) at least that will flush our boats good in the fresh water. I dont want to sound like i want to stay close to home, Im game on to travel. So lets get some ideas out and see what works. Maybe get a few ideas the add a poll, if thats possible

fairpilot

Jetboaters Commander
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I'll be getting there late on the 17th till the end of the month.
OK I leave on the 20th for the keys, Have a house to paint down there, back about 27th. I will get with you when I return and see your schedule

Diana24

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Im always out in elliot key if anyone wants to meet and hangout

fairpilot

Jetboaters Commander
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Im always out in elliot key if anyone wants to meet and hangout
How is Elliott Key on a weekend, is it really crowded? Also how is the ramp, parking availablity, i have not been there is many years but have a friend that goes there, he loves it on weekday.

fairpilot

Jetboaters Commander
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I am thinking the weekend of August 20-21.

2nazt

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tidewater
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I'll be in Grassy Key from Saturday to Wednesday if anyone is around send me a PM.

Diana24

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
How is Elliott Key on a weekend, is it really crowded? Also how is the ramp, parking availablity, i have not been there is many years but have a friend that goes there, he loves it on weekday.
Its a pretty good crowd not to bad on the weekend.. saw lots of yamahas out there this past sunday.. I usually anchor right on sands cut its a nice sand bar.. as for boat ramp I always launch from matheson hammock its not to bad on the weekend either to launch but i get there early

Benny Sibbitt

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I am also in if schedule permits

ptwb

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I've been to most those spots except the panhandle. Every time the panhandle comes up, from what I see on google maps, from Central Fla, I'd rather just drive to the keys.

Ponce inlet is our normal spot (usually the middle of the sandbar closest to the inlet), but I wouldn't say it's worth a super long drive for somebody to meet there.

Key Largo in early august might be crazy because of lobster season.

Been a long time since I've been to Elliot.

Eggmont Key/Ft Desoto is our current favorite area worth driving to. We use to also do anclote/3 rooker but last I heard anclote sandbar had gotten much smaller and 3 rooker was split in half.

Boca Granda/Stump pass is also nice but you have to be careful in summer after lots of rain or you end up with really bad water from all the fresh water outflow.