• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Florida Yamaha Get Together

Mystic1906

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just looked at pics of Egmont Key and it looks like a nice clear water beach area.

fairpilot

Jetboaters Commander
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I think because we go to ponce often it does not seem as nice because we see it all the time. As you know, ponce has a ton of sandbar space (sounds like you go near where we go) and ponce has great water on an incoming tide, as clear as anywhere. Plus the ramps at Halifax marina are plentiful and tons of parking. the ride to inlet is full speed for most part The setting there is great with lighthouse, for people that have not been here I am sure it would be as nice as anywhere else, plus if we can do Silver Glenn, everyone I have ever taken there loves it. I am good to go anywhere but got a feeling we are going to be all over the map with no clear decision My vote would be Daytona August 20th, this gives us a good tide in morning and plenty of sand all day, then if anyone wants to go the springs on Sunday we can do it. Thoughts??

Benny Sibbitt

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I think because we go to ponce often it does not seem as nice because we see it all the time. As you know, ponce has a ton of sandbar space (sounds like you go near where we go) and ponce has great water on an incoming tide, as clear as anywhere. Plus the ramps at Halifax marina are plentiful and tons of parking. the ride to inlet is full speed for most part The setting there is great with lighthouse, for people that have not been here I am sure it would be as nice as anywhere else, plus if we can do Silver Glenn, everyone I have ever taken there loves it. I am good to go anywhere but got a feeling we are going to be all over the map with no clear decision My vote would be Daytona August 20th, this gives us a good tide in morning and plenty of sand all day, then if anyone wants to go the springs on Sunday we can do it. Thoughts??

I good with the Ponce and silver glen for the weekend of Aug. 20th

ptwb

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I put in just south of Ponce since I am coming from Lake Mary, and for us, it's almost all just no wake zone till we get to the sandbar and the ramp can be chaotic. I actually wish I had a nicer longer stretch to get in a nice cruise like you have from halifax. We were there a short while ago and it looks like our favorite spot is now usually under water. I try to avoid the extreme northern and southern ends that are like a parking lot, so we ended up on the other sandbar just south of the main one closer to the CG station.

I haven't been to Silver Glen in a long time. Beautiful area. Nice ride from the ramp. The two times I went (8+ yrs ago?), the crowd was way too much, like pulling into a mall parking lot and the type of crowd was less than desirable. Has it gotten better? I'd think multiple boats would have to be lucky to find a spot close enough to the springs to hang out together unless they went super super early. When looking at maps a while ago, I noticed there is another spring, Salt Springs, up a longer channel north of Silver Glen, and it looks like boats can pull up to that one as well.

I guess that's why the family likes Egmont. Ramp is easy, multiple sandbars, Egmont key itself is really nice, hasn't been super crowded the times we've gone, water is clear, the fort ruins are interesting, the kids love the submerged ruins for snorkelling and jumping off, and plenty of space for nice cruising around and minimal no wakes.

JetSet407

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I'm good with Ponce/Silver Glen as well. I've been to the Glen several times recently, and had an enjoyable experience each time. Even on Memorial Day Weekend where it was super crowded it wasn't out of control and many families were present. But as a group we would have to plan, leave early or setup a little bit away from the Springs to insure we are together.

Mystic1906

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I love the SG Springs and so does my family. I wouldn't mind trying out Disappearing Island as well so I'm good.

fairpilot

Jetboaters Commander
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I put in just south of Ponce since I am coming from Lake Mary, and for us, it's almost all just no wake zone till we get to the sandbar and the ramp can be chaotic. I actually wish I had a nicer longer stretch to get in a nice cruise like you have from halifax. We were there a short while ago and it looks like our favorite spot is now usually under water. I try to avoid the extreme northern and southern ends that are like a parking lot, so we ended up on the other sandbar just south of the main one closer to the CG station.

I haven't been to Silver Glen in a long time. Beautiful area. Nice ride from the ramp. The two times I went (8+ yrs ago?), the crowd was way too much, like pulling into a mall parking lot and the type of crowd was less than desirable. Has it gotten better? I'd think multiple boats would have to be lucky to find a spot close enough to the springs to hang out together unless they went super super early. When looking at maps a while ago, I noticed there is another spring, Salt Springs, up a longer channel north of Silver Glen, and it looks like boats can pull up to that one as well.

I guess that's why the family likes Egmont. Ramp is easy, multiple sandbars, Egmont key itself is really nice, hasn't been super crowded the times we've gone, water is clear, the fort ruins are interesting, the kids love the submerged ruins for snorkelling and jumping off, and plenty of space for nice cruising around and minimal no wakes.
We usually go to sandbar directly east of disappearing island, on south side, there is a backside keeps you out of all the wave action. You could trailer to Halifax marina ( you can launch about 10 boats at a time there if needed) that would be great, the Glenn has changed, not crazy like it use to be, they cracked down on alcohol in the run , people still drink but it has calmed down I cant think of anything special going on there on the that sunday, worst thing i ever see is bass tounaments, if we leave here around 8 am that will put us in the spring at 9:30 45 min to ramp and about 45 min boat ride, there should be plenty of room to tie up together. I will try to post some google earth shots of locations.

fairpilot

Jetboaters Commander
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Ponce inlet locations.jpg

These are 3 locations, Governers cut has a nice deep channel along woods line, sandbar gets big and is in no wake zone, the untitled placemark is where we usually go, it has a nice area right where pin is no real waves, very light boat traffic sandbar gets huge, and disappering island, lots of sand and parking but lots of wave action, the resume speed sign to ocean is just about on my pin. There is also one other sandbar i will post, it to is in slow speed area and across from inlet harbor restraunt . sorry about the 2 thum nail pics cant figure out how to delete them after clicking on it :)

ptwb

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
When we first moved back in 02, we would usually hang out at E but then E became a parking lot like A and very crowded.

For a while we were trying B, but the current can be strong, and there's a lot of boat traffic through there and the boat can bounce around a lot and I like to back in to real shallow.

Normally, we shoot for C depending on tide, current and wind, then D if not crowded, finally G.

It's amazing how much this bar has changed over the years.

newsmyrna.png

Last edited:

john94si

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Ponce is nice but I'd prefer Clearwater/ St pete area. More choices to launch, eat and stay.

fairpilot

Jetboaters Commander
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
F on your drawing is nice, minimal idle traffic at times, you are correct this area changes quit a bit every year, section F has extended itself out into the channel a good 100 ft since last year, They have installed shoal markers but i have seen many people in big boats hit the shoal, as for us it it does not really affect us till super low tide even then it is real visible.
Another place good for group would be here, inlet sand bar water is ok but F would be better. High Tide on the 20th is 10:39 then it is on its way out, the back side of F does not get crazy current but as with any place we will need minor boat adjustments

Attachments

ptwb

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Assuming I can get my trailer back together (long over due brake maintenance), and my engine hatch refoamed, we might try ponce this weekend.

McMark

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My ever evolving schedule now has me in DBS on October 22. Maybe I'll see some of the local guys then.

fairpilot

Jetboaters Commander
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
My ever evolving schedule now has me in DBS on October 22. Maybe I'll see some of the local guys then.
Look me up when you are here see if we can get free to boat

sx998

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Silver Glen is my vote. Took the family there today and really enjoyed it. Perfect place for the Yamaha. Step off the swim deck and go snorkeling in a spring. image.jpeg

SoFla David

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I'd love to go, but I don't think that is happening right no with a 2 week old, LOL. Need to give her some time to grow into her life jacket. ;)

Plus, I'll be aboard Oasis of the Seas the second half of August doing a phone systems upgrade.

And @fairpilot, what is his about a house in the keys to paint? Yours????

fairpilot

Jetboaters Commander
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
So It looks like we are going to do the Ponce Inlet/Silver Glenn springs for the get together. Aug 2oth 2016. I can answer any questions and help with anything people will need. The plan is to do Ponce Inlet on Saturday and Silver Glenn on Sunday.

Zarrella

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
We might be in for Sunday. Having hand Surgery this Thursday and will need a Lil recovery time first. We will have to play it by ear.

Benny Sibbitt

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I am in......
@fairpilot what boat ramp do you recommend for the ponce / I been to the ponce but it was years ago
@JetSet407 what boat ramp do you use for the glen? / First time to the glen

Need to map my route
I am in west Orlando, so I think I will be getting a hotel in-between