• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Florida Yamaha Get Together

JetSet407

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
@Benny Sibbitt
Ed Stone Park and Boat Ramp
2990 W. State Road 44, DeLand

Last edited:

sx998

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Sounds good. I should make it to one or both of those days.

Silver Glen. I'm sure there's lots multiple boat ramps to Lake George. I used the boat ramp at Salt Springs. It's about a 7 mile boat ride to Silver Glen from Salt Springs. And a fun ride with plenty to look at.

fairpilot

Jetboaters Commander
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I am in......
@fairpilot what boat ramp do you recommend for the ponce / I been to the ponce but it was years ago
@JetSet407 what boat ramp do you use for the glen? / First time to the glen

Need to map my route
I am in west Orlando, so I think I will be getting a hotel in-between

We will use the ramp at Halifax Marina for Ponce and a ton of parking, plus ramp has a rinse hose. it is located at 450 Basin St. DAYTONA BEACH. As for Silver Glenn, we put in at a public ramp located in Astor Fl on Route 40. This makes for a nice 40 minute run to springs If you google earth it you will will see the draw bridge over St. Johns river. Ramp is on west side south. Anyone coming in for ponce inlet on I-95 will get off Exit for Daytona Beach and head East on 92, stay on that until you reach Beach St. (a bridge will be right in front of you) turn Right. GoAstor Boat Ramp.jpg Astor to Silver glenn.jpg halifax  marina ramp.jpg to 3rd light turn left into marina and follow straight in, will dead end at ramps

Last edited:

fairpilot

Jetboaters Commander
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Well that kinda worked :) any questions just ask. Also there are some reasonable hotels by airport (about 3-4 miles from ramp) or if you want to stay on beach there is a brand new Hilton Garden Inn that is close to my house.

2nazt

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tidewater
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
How many boats are we expecting or just a count with who is in?

Are the two locations close as far as the ramps or will it be a tow a long tow between the two? Sorry being lazy and not googling. But will google if needed. Is the Ponce day mainly a sandbar and hangout day? Silver Glen is just an anchor hang out and enjoy the springs along with the cruise from the ramp?

fairpilot

Jetboaters Commander
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The ramp for the Ponce on Saturday is in Daytona, its is a 40 minute ride to inlet from marina (mostly full speed with couple no-wake zones) the springs ramp is about 40-45 min from Daytona towing. High tide on the ponce day is like 10:30 am, we will have a good sandbar for quite a while, figure we would hang out on sandbar we can grill or whatever (future details) for 4-5 hrs then if weather permits we can run out into ocean for a bit if people want to. Silver Glenn is definite hang out and snorkle in springs. Hope this helps..
Not sure how many we have so far, if people can start chiming on what day they will do or both days I will keep a list maybe I can do a poll with each location so we can all see it.
Also, I can put about 3-4 boats in my driveway unhooked off tow vehicle if you cant keep at a hotel. If you are coming from south or orlando area you may want to see best way for springs if you plan on driving for just Sunday.

2nazt

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tidewater
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Thank you @fairpilot my wife and I are about 90% in just depends if a work emergency comes up. I'll find out if she is for both days but I know Silver Glen for sure we are in.

fairpilot

Jetboaters Commander
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I have created a poll to see who is going. It is under a new thread titled "Ponce/Silver Glenn. Let us know. Thanks

john94si

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
We will use the ramp at Halifax Marina for Ponce and a ton of parking, plus ramp has a rinse hose. it is located at 450 Basin St. DAYTONA BEACH. As for Silver Glenn, we put in at a public ramp located in Astor Fl on Route 40. This makes for a nice 40 minute run to springs If you google earth it you will will see the draw bridge over St. Johns river. Ramp is on west side south. Anyone coming in for ponce inlet on I-95 will get off Exit for Daytona Beach and head East on 92, stay on that until you reach Beach St. (a bridge will be right in front of you) turn Right. GoView attachment 42030 View attachment 42031 View attachment 42032 to 3rd light turn left into marina and follow straight in, will dead end at ramps
how long is the no wake for ponce from daytona? We used the new ponce ramp a few days ago and it fills up parking by 9am.. sucks. 2455 Boat Ramp Dr, New Smyrna Beach, FL 32168

fairpilot

Jetboaters Commander
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Leaving the marina is about 10 min no wake then full speed couple miles, then about a 5 min at port orange bridge then full spees about 5-6 miles then about 10 min to inlet where we park

Last edited:

Tom V

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Anclote still has a ton of beach at the sandbar also the light house area is great too, We would be into Egmont, and or anclote 3 rooker area and maybe a ride down to Clearwater area, lots of great restaurants and sand bars all over.

Tom V

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
This is the sand bar just north of anclote island water is real nice

BigJay17

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The west coast is way nice than the east

Tom V

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We have some nice areas here, this is 3 miles out from tarpon springs sponge docks, then its a 17 mile run down to Clearwater beach.

fairpilot

Jetboaters Commander
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
There are a million great areas in Fl, tough to pick one for everyone i wish we would set up more Fl outings, we love to travel to different areas and spend weekends. Until now no one has offered up any outing ideas. Hopefully we can get some stsrted and see members favorite areas

Zarrella

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
The west coast is way nice than the east
I agree ....I think the Florida gathering should be held in Hawaii!!
Come on guys let's stick to the intent of @fairpilot here. If you are interested in going great. If not start another thread with the location of the get together you are willing to organize.
Thanks for trying to make this happen fairpilot!