• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Flush mount tower speakers?

Smiley

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Working on installing my new tower speakers and noticed the flush mount option. Not sure if it will work but wanted to reach out and see if anyone else had tried it. The clamps on the swivel mounts are fine, but a little large.
10337ECB-750C-4D79-8B40-58E9CD5EF4E0.jpeg
While I was playing around with locations, I thought it might be a clean look to install the flush mount option on the crossbars instead.
E5446655-618D-4C77-A974-4EF38B0A0F58.jpeg
Does anyone know if there is a hole between the front bar and the cavity in the cross bar like in the center one? I can see through the center factory hole that the wires for the light run through the front tube and then down the center crossmember.0E3B43A2-4599-401F-A30A-F3718B64B07A.jpeg
Going to grab a boroscope tomorrow and check up inside the tube if I can get it in there. But, if anyone knows, it would save the hassle.

Farny

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Centurion
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Working on installing my new tower speakers and noticed the flush mount option. Not sure if it will work but wanted to reach out and see if anyone else had tried it. The clamps on the swivel mounts are fine, but a little large.
View attachment 172589
While I was playing around with locations, I thought it might be a clean look to install the flush mount option on the crossbars instead.
View attachment 172590
Does anyone know if there is a hole between the front bar and the cavity in the cross bar like in the center one? I can see through the center factory hole that the wires for the light run through the front tube and then down the center crossmember.View attachment 172591
Going to grab a boroscope tomorrow and check up inside the tube if I can get it in there. But, if anyone knows, it would save the hassle.
Would be curious to know your answer as to whether There is an opening there or not. I tried to keep my towers to the sides a bit to avoid head knocking as much.

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I think the clamps would be more secure for heavy tower speakers than drilling into the cross-member pieces - it's sturdy aluminum but a lot of torque on some screws there. Unless you planned to drill through to the top and put bolts/nuts through it?

Smiley

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
I think the clamps would be more secure for heavy tower speakers than drilling into the cross-member pieces - it's sturdy aluminum but a lot of torque on some screws there. Unless you planned to drill through to the top and put bolts/nuts through it?
That is a good point. My initial thoughts were more on how I didn’t want everything hanging and stressing a pair of bolts threaded into aluminum. So, I figured I would need a stainless backplate and bolt tack welded onto the top of it. The idea was, if I ever needed to take it off the back plate needed to be big enough not to spin in the tube, and would provide additional support.

The more work it turns into the more I am likely to just use the clamp. Trying to get out on the water tomorrow for a bit as it is supposed to be 80 degrees here.

gallobg

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Regardless of mounting strength and fishing the wires, my main concern is that the speakers will block the center walkway. There’s already limited space in the 19ft boats without having to dodge speakers.

Personally I used the swivel clamps to push the towers outboard as much as possible. It worked really well for me and the guests moving around on the boat.

1646490099807.jpeg

Last edited:

Wrecked Rooster

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Regardless of mounting strength and fishing the wires, my main concern is that the speakers will block the center walkway. There’s already limited space in the 19ft boats without having to dodge speakers.

Personally I used the swivel clamps to push the towers outboard as much as possible. It worked really well for me and the guests moving around on the boat.

View attachment 172704
What size speakers are those?

Farny

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Centurion
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

View attachment 172704
Used the same approach and have been avoiding headaches - here’s a pic, swivel clamps a must to orient speaker direction.

Attachments

Wrecked Rooster

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Those are WetSounds Icon 8.

Side note: If I did it again, I would get the Rev8's instead for more sound at a distance.
Looking at the Kicker 9" horns but they are huge according to the online measurements. Putting a tape to the tower, i'm not sure where I would mount them.

Smiley

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Most likely going to mount them on the front tube with the clamps instead. Got them in place and looking to drill the holes and install this weekend. May move them a tad farther outboard, but not too much. Walking around the boat, they didn’t seem to get in the way.
F1007419-F9DB-4610-A00E-A89088FCD7AC.jpegBD6DB2C9-4293-4501-A0D9-C8D37B45346A.jpegF921CB46-858A-4EEC-BF1D-E06C9FB7A8FE.jpeg

jetboatjay

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Working on the same project as this one. Any suggestions on pulling the wire from the back tower bar onto the front one….and then down?

I see the wire for the light goes from the back bar, through the top support, and then down through the starboard side of the front bar.
Any tricks out there to pull speaker wire in the same manner as the wire used for the light?

Steve73

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Working on the same project as this one. Any suggestions on pulling the wire from the back tower bar onto the front one….and then down?

I see the wire for the light goes from the back bar, through the top support, and then down through the starboard side of the front bar.
Any tricks out there to pull speaker wire in the same manner as the wire used for the light?
Attach a straightened out coat hanger wire to end of speaker wire to help with feeding/pulling through. Also, when choosing your placement consider where the speakers will drop to if you have to lower the tower.

jetboatjay

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Attach a straightened out coat hanger wire to end of speaker wire to help with feeding/pulling through. Also, when choosing your placement consider where the speakers will drop to if you have to lower the tower.
Thanks for the suggestion. Word to the wise, don't use a painted coat hanger as the paint chips and it's hard to vacuum out of SeaDek...

I actually found success using weedwhacker string. Sturdy enough to push through, but flexible enough to work around the "WTF is that inside the tube" stuff that seems to cause all the trouble. Installed 2 8" Rockville speakers and an amp. Love it.

Thanks to all who weighed in with suggestions.