• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Flushing routine

n1111z

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Sorry if this is repetitive, I did a quick search and didn't see anything. I'm getting closer to decision time re Yamaha jet boat purchase. For those operating on salt water I know it's recommended to flush with fresh water after each use. What if your boat is parked on the water for a time, does it still need to be hauled out every day or can it safely go for some number of days without being flushed? Right now it's looking like AR210 or 240 from Cycle Springs. Thanks! From Cape Coral

I was told every couple of days so I do not leave mine in more then then three. I also take it to wash off the scum line. I suspect others with more experience them will chime in with better guidance [flag]

The folks on here that go on the week long Bimini trip don't flush theirs until they return. I personally wouldn't go longer than a week if possible but if you have access to do it at the time you pull the boat out then it would be best to do it then.

I would have the boat put in on Friday afternoon, use it all weekend, and hauled out Monday morning. Monday afternoon would flush and clean the boat. 100 hours so far and no issues.

Add zinc zinc and more zinc flush it every few days wash the hull also, critters will grow inside the pump area and the intake area if you leave it in warm salt water more than a few days it is amazing how quickly those things build up on your boat.

Hey N1111z, im in cape coral also. Just bought a AR240 from sunsports in Fort Myers

I would have the boat put in on Friday afternoon, use it all weekend, and hauled out Monday morning. Monday afternoon would flush and clean the boat. 100 hours so far and no issues.

This is basically my family's routine also and we have had no issues also. I also don't use salt away or any products like that. I may consider using them in the future. I flush each engine for 5 ish minutes with freshwater. I'm around 80 hours also with no issues (knock on wood).

If your dock has fresh water available you can clamp your cooling water intake in the engine compartment and attach the hose and flush with fresh water while she sits in the salt water.

@n1111z I kept mine in the salt for almost a week over at Madeira Beach for Spring Break. Took the advice of @wallacerb on his YouTube tutorials (
) and sprayed Chain Wax on the jet nozzles prior to putting it in the water.

If you go with Cycle Springs ask for Brandon Gimlin. Just bought my boat from him. Really thorough and helpful salesman. I still call and ask him questions and he responds right away. Tell him Jamil sent you.

Chain wax is a great temporay coating for all things metal resting in the water like the one shown in the video posted on this thread... there is another great product (shown below) and it lasts a little longer than most products... always, always, always flush motors with some sort of salt elemination product... i use Salt terminator after every i use in salt water.. most dealers wont tell you about these products because it protects the engines and takes away from engine work down the road.. i highy recommend use after every salt water use.. its 27 a gallon and should last for 2 months at least....

Attachments

• 20170531_104111.jpg
    20170531_104111.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 20
  • 20170531_104136.jpg
    20170531_104136.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 16
@wallacerb Where do you buy that Bel-Ray Lubricant at? I have a bottle of Salt Away I use every salt water trip but I would like to get some of that Bel-Ray

@wallacerb Where do you buy that Bel-Ray Lubricant at? I have a bottle of Salt Away I use every salt water trip but I would like to get some of that Bel-Ray

Yamaha dealer... 15.99 per can.. the dealer here uses it for everything.. they sprayed all movable joints on the ass end, battery terminals and all. I sprayed it inside of my trailer strap buckles, ladder parts, shock knuckles on the clean out plug lid and the ski locker lid..

Yamaha dealer.. 15.99 per can

Back