• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

For those with tinted windshield

Wayloncle

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I was wondering if anyone wishes they would have left the middle (pass through) window untinted?

I took my boat to get a quote yesterday, he told me he would do it for $100, $120 if I wanted the middle window tinted. He has done lots of boats and some people have regretted getting the middle tinted since they mostly cruise with it open and the passenger can't see through both windows very good.

I was thinking about going with about 20% but now I'm second guessing the middle, thought about putting a lighter tint in the middle but I think it'd look funny if it didn't match the sides....

What to do what to do....

JC6275

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
I don't think it would look bad with 35% on the middle window, no worse than leaving the middle untinted, I can see where having the middle tinted at 20% would make it a little difficult for the passenger because with it open you would have in effect 10% on the passenger side..

ToddW850

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I am thinking of tinting my windows too. Strictly my opinion, I'd tint all of them. If you REALLY don't like the middle one tinted after it's done, you could always just peel it off. Or like JC6275 said, you could tint it 35%.

Pics when you do it.

Craig

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I will be getting windows tinted this summer, post up pics and tell us what percentage you went with.

jawsf16

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
That price is a steal. Do the whole thing. Choose between limo and 20. 30 is hardly anything on a boat

Cowboy Casey

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I had all of them done last fall, I have not been out since it was done so I can't say.. But I do love the look..... :)

Cory

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I plan on doing them all, I can't remember a time when I actually sat in the seat and drove while looking through the windshield, so I'm not worried about not being able to see.

justason

Jetboaters Admiral
SWAG Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
That price is a steal. Do the whole thing. Choose between limo and 20. 30 is hardly anything on a boat
That is a hell of a deal! I'm struggling to find someone to even consider this ! One quote was $575!!!

I agree to do all ofthem for same reasons noted here

Wayloncle

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yeah I was shocked when the guy told me $120, he does a lifetime warranty and such as well. I was really expecting him to say $300ish, because I had him tint two 12x21 inch panes of glass for my camper doors, (he did those cheaper than I could have bought a roll of tint and done it myself), then I was talking to him about doing my boat he was saying how some boats are hard to do because of the bend in the glass...
Then when I brought the boat by he acted like it was no big deal.

I'll go with 20, I'm not worried about me seeing while driving, it's the passenger side with the window flipped open that my wife will have to look through while she sits with my son that I'm afraid I will hear complaining about, but I will just close the window if she complains about it.

This place is a hole in the wall building that I drive by a lot, there are always nice looking vehicles there though, he has no website or FB page, just a dude that likes to tint and get paid in cash!

Williamsone46

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
2012-05-22_12-57-38_686.jpg I would do all of them or non. I don't regret having mine done at all, I love it. I had mine done with 3M 5%.

The black frame makes a huge difference too.

Last edited:

justason

Jetboaters Admiral
SWAG Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
BOOM....thanks for stirring this up again, I got back on the phone and found a shop about an hour from me that will do it for $250 . Its scheduled for next week. I was targeting the 20%. the 5% on a black boat is badassery !!..

Yamaha242lsdallas

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I'm also thinking about tinting my 242. Question I have is how would it look with a dark tint but the silver edging around the windows? I wish my boat had black edging (like the boat in the pic above) but my 2013 242 LS (black hull) only was in silver.

I notice the 2014 model 242 LS (black hull) come with black edging.

Anyone with silver edging and some 20% or darker tint want to post a pic (even better if it was a black hull too :))?

Wayloncle

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm also thinking about tinting my 242. Question I have is how would it look with a dark tint but the silver edging around the windows? I wish my boat had black edging (like the boat in the pic above) but my 2013 242 LS (black hull) only was in silver.

I notice the 2014 model 242 LS (black hull) come with black edging.

Anyone with silver edging and some 20% or darker tint want to post a pic (even better if it was a black hull too :))?
The black frame does look good with tint, I believe @jawsf16 's AR has the silver frame and tint. My tower is silver and frame is silver so I don't think it would bother me.

Geiger41

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I like the way tint looks on my black 212X. However I do not like looking through it while driving. Obviously it darkens everything. And I find myself standing up to see clearer when I really want to sit down while driving.

jawsf16

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
My tint is 20% on a silver frame. The limo tint will give you a bit of a reflection inside from the dash, but definitely looks more awesome. The 20 is plenty dark, but 30 would be too light IMO.

BlacklimitedS

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
When I had my stereo installed I asked about tint. While they have a tint shop they would not touch a boat. They told me in order for it to look good they would have to heat the tint on the window to shrink the top. He told me they have cracked boat windows in the past. I have always tinted my cars but never a boat. Has anyone heard of this?