• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

For those with tinted windshield

skbishop90

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Put it on the outside to cut it, then move it to the inside for the final installation.

Englewoodcowboy

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@CFD3Captain that looks great! I am still thinking about it for mine , I think I can afford a $15 trial to see how it turns out. How is the material over all? Does it seem decent like it will stay ok?

Helipilot11

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Mine is currently at the shop. I hope Alabama window tinters are better than the Tennessee guys. I guess we will see in a few hours

Evil Sports

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
So does 20% seem like the most versatile, Im worried about darker and running at night

skbishop90

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
I dont look through the windshield at night anyways.

Evil Sports

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Not looking to do it my self and I found a guy here for $200. Thats well within my expected price range. Just need to decide what %

jawsf16

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
20% is a good compromise. 30 is too light, 5 looks awesome but not very practical if you need to be able to see through.

CFD3Captain

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
@Englewoodcowboy The material is that thick kind of stretchy window cling type stuff. It's a pain in the ass to work with LOL. For what it cost me it looks great from a distance. Up close....it really sucks IMO. I will probably deal with it for now, but I am such a perfectionist that I imagine I will either have someone professional do it (if the price is right) or just remove all together.

Honestly.....if you can swing it and you really want it done, just pay someone to do it and save yourself the hassle and time.

Englewoodcowboy

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
That's what I needed to hear. I too get anal retentive about the quality of my stuff. I just need to find someone that is reputable and get it done.

ToddW850

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I would think road grime/debris would pit it in a hurry.
X2 along with anything else hitting the windshield. Also, the outside of the windshield takes direct hit from wind. If one little corner decided to come up (or someone hit it to make it come up) then the wind would take care of the rest.

Definitely do the inside. However, you can use the outside of the window to cut the tint.

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Englewoodcowboy I am having the same problem here. I could try to do it myself but i would not be happy with it.. the only quote i received was $1500.00!!! I just think they didnt want to do it... But having trouble finding anyone else.

Englewoodcowboy

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I'm thinking of doing it myself and pull the windows to do it but I will shop around first. Don't need it right away so I have time.

jawsf16

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Jaws is yer tint 20
Yes. I have some more pics earlier in this thread. I think it would be worth 20 or 30 bucks to try it myself. Wish I had.