• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

For those with tinted windshield

CFD3Captain

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
Thanks for the inspiration!!!

I went to Walmart with the wife just to see if they had the tint and how much. Was Planning to order from Amazon and use Wally World if I needed more or goofed up.

Ha! look what I left with.......for $15 TOTAL!! image.jpg

ToddW850

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Thanks for the inspiration!!!

I went to Walmart with the wife just to see if they had the tint and how much. Was Planning to order from Amazon and use Wally World if I needed more or goofed up.

Ha! look what I left with.......for $15 TOTAL!! View attachment 18889

Can't beat it. And great thing is you can pull off and reapply if necessary at anytime.

Here's a hint. I had to lay my tint at an angle to get full coverage. And make sure to clean the windows good prior.

Post a pic when you're done.

CFD3Captain

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
Thanks @ToddW850 It will probably be a few months before I attempt it unless I take the boat to the firehouse and do it inside. Still a little cold here and I am assuming the warmer it is the better?

ToddW850

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Thanks @ToddW850 It will probably be a few months before I attempt it unless I take the boat to the firehouse and do it inside. Still a little cold here and I am assuming the warmer it is the better?
Warmer the better yes, because it dries out the soapy water you use and allows the tint to dry good. In cooler temps I've used a hairdryer to heat the outside of the window and that helps immensely.

Also doing it inside, like a firehouse, will cut out the element of the wind and keep dust from blowing in. That's a great location.

CFD3Captain

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
Just want to clarify something ( I am sure I could look at the box and see maybe) but does this stuff allow you to lay it out on outside then cut it. Then remove film from static cling side and apply? Or is it roll it out and the static cling is there not protected? I have seen plenty of tint jobs (careful with the spelling and pronunciation LOL) done was wondering if this is similar.

ToddW850

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Correct @CFD3Captain . You can lay it on the outside to cut. That's what I did on the curved sections. However I cut from the inside on the flat side windows.

d_coyne1984

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Why not have both tinted and untinded windshield. World peace must be close behind this invention. I give you, the adjustable tint windows:

skbishop90

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
boat tint2.JPG
Finally got the tint sorted. Double layer 15%. Let me tell you. This is DARK. haha

skbishop90

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Probably right! Wouldve been easier!

Yamaha242lsdallas

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I finally got my windows done. Don't regret doing it at all biggest advantage for me is when on the hook it keeps the heat out and is very private or when the sun is low in the sky driving into it. It also has kept the temp a lot lower on the dash! I went with 5% and had a guy come out to my house to do it for $300.

Here are some pics to show.

Front.jpg On the hook.jpg 20150209_171926.jpg 20150209_172247.jpg 20150328_192334.jpg

Last edited:

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I finally got my windows done. Don't regret doing it at all biggest advantage for me is when on the hook it keeps the heat out and is very private or when the sun is low in the sky driving into it. It also has kept the temp a lot lower on the dash! I went with 5% and had a guy come out to my house to do it for $300.

Here are some pics to show.

View attachment 19571 View attachment 19572 View attachment 19567 View attachment 19568 View attachment 19569
Sweet pics, however I have one question. Your screen name conflicts with your location!!

Yamaha242lsdallas

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Sweet pics, however I have one question. Your screen name conflicts with your location!!
I guess it does. At the time it was accurate but now I moved I did not want to bother updating my screen name.

CFD3Captain

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
Well, almost done. Just saw me more window to go. Took this because the wife wanted to see progress I've made. Thank god for having to work and being able to do inside lol.

With that said. For the price of this cling in stuff you can't beat it. However I'm a perfectionist and it's not perfect and I imagine very hard with this stuff lol

It looks ok, but there are gaps etc that are hard to hide because the rubber trim doesn't lift up too well( or maybe it does and I just couldn't get it or was scared to screw it up). Anyhow,if I decide to scrap it, I'm out $15. image.jpg

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Looks great from here. And that is what counts, right?

justason

Jetboaters Admiral
SWAG Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length

jetexpress

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I have a thought of putting the clinging tint on the outside of the boat windows. I think it would be easier to install this way. Any reason why I shouldn't.

justason

Jetboaters Admiral
SWAG Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I have a thought of putting the clinging tint on the outside of the boat windows. I think it would be easier to install this way. Any reason why I shouldn't.
I would think road grime/debris would pit it in a hurry.