• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

FSH 210 Sport Audio Upgrade

Yamahaul

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
I went with Audio: 4 x JL MX650s(front and rear), 1x MX10IB3 subwoofer (helm), 2xJL M3770s(on the helm). upgraded all the wiring- don't want to worry about any overheating/fires and protected all wiring with cable sleeves =). Probably not necessary but I like the peace of mind.
did you just get them? i been waiting on JL stuff for 2 months now from my local shop. Was hoping they were shipping out.

Camson

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I went with Audio: 4 x JL MX650s(front and rear), 1x MX10IB3 subwoofer (helm), 2xJL M3770s(on the helm). upgraded all the wiring- don't want to worry about any overheating/fires and protected all wiring with cable sleeves =). Probably not necessary but I like the peace of mind.
Thank you so much for your thread as I have been using it to closely copy you. In fact, I just posted another thread with my install. I have installed the rear speakers as I am not sure how to access them. Did you cut the hole and then feed the speaker wire down to fuel tank compartment? I just hate to cut in to fiberglass, not knowing what is on the other side. Cutting in helm is no big deal as I have eyes on both sides wall. Any suggestions appreciated how you installed the rear speakers.

As for the front speakers, I did use the stock wire but it is not 14g wire. I am thinking I better run new wires.

orexismd

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Thank you so much for your thread as I have been using it to closely copy you. In fact, I just posted another thread with my install. I have installed the rear speakers as I am not sure how to access them. Did you cut the hole and then feed the speaker wire down to fuel tank compartment? I just hate to cut in to fiberglass, not knowing what is on the other side. Cutting in helm is no big deal as I have eyes on both sides wall. Any suggestions appreciated how you installed the rear speakers.

As for the front speakers, I did use the stock wire but it is not 14g wire. I am thinking I better run new wires.

I first drilled a pilot hole with a drill bit in the center and stuck a screwdriver in to measure the depth (can't remember what that was but I do remember that the m770s did not fit that depth, but the mx650's did. Then I cut the holes in the fiberglass to fit the 650's and placed the 770s on the helm. I fed the speaker wires for the rear speakers from the amp under the helm (no need to cut holes here)->on top of the fuel tank -> into the engine compartment along the the forward wall and out to the portside battery compartment/starboardside rear storage compartment ->to the gunnels/speakers