• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

FSH in the rain

Grover70

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
I agree and also I don't....depends on the context.

Quality boat manufactures do not have issues with dry compartments or production/leakage issues.

If your referencing your generic, run of the mill manufactures, (yamaha, bayliner, wellcraft, scarab, etc etc...), then yes....don't expect "dry" to mean dry or "compartments" to mean separated from elements...
Yes...that's what I believe too. I never really expected anything to be "dry" on an open center console like this either....with the exception of a poorly siliconed "wet storage" draining into the bilge, and lack of silicone in the other drainage ports. Poor QC issues which I went ahead and fixed myself, quite easily I might add.

Evil Sports

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
I also dont expect to buy a boat and have to seal/reseal just about everything. I was interested in this boat when it came out and have read countless threads where people had to "Fix" stuff that I dont find acceptable. Its ok for guys here to justify their purchases but I hope your getting a check from Yamaha for helping them fix their poor design.

Grover70

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
I also dont expect to buy a boat and have to seal/reseal just about everything. I was interested in this boat when it came out and have read countless threads where people had to "Fix" stuff that I dont find acceptable. Its ok for guys here to justify their purchases but I hope your getting a check from Yamaha for helping them fix their poor design.
There's perfection and reality. The minor inconvenience of small water leaks, fixed with a minimum of effort, due to poor QC, is only an annoyance in the grand scheme of things. I like to look at the details of the boat under hatches, opening things up, so I get to know my boat. While I am there, why not improve the quality myself and add some silicone? I do maintenance on my cars and enjoy it. Compared to a $52,000 center console, I would expect close to, if not perfection. It's not a measure of justifying my purchase, because I am, indeed, not disappointed. Hence, no need to justify the purchase to myself or anyone else. I knew what I was getting when I bought it. The new clean-out will not seal out all the water. But Yamaha says to expect that. So what did they do? They put a drain in the wet locker, I sealed up the access hatch better, and voila! No leaks. If you were talking to me about a boat with similar features at this price point, and said there was nothing at all wrong with it. No leaks, poor silicone, whatever, then I would doubt the veracity of your claim. Nothing at this price-point is perfect. But that engine sure is reliable, easy to work on, and will run for many hours trouble free if cared for properly. Ditto the included trailer.
That being said, Yamaha better up their quality-control game if they wish to compete with similarly equipped, albeit slightly more expensive, boats (see Scarab).

Evil Sports

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Like I said, Im not about to spend over $30k and have to chase after bugs as little as the justifiers make them sound.
Enjoy your season.

Grover70

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
I got all my bugs taken care of now ;) At least until the next one pops up.
And I will enjoy every day I go out there, thank you.
I see you own a Yamaha. Have you been happy with it? Just curious since it seems you are down on the newer models. Did the year you purchased have any issues? I'm curious if this is a newer phenomena with Yamaha as they crank out more numbers?

Evil Sports

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
I broke the bolster on my captains chair which was replaced under warranty and I changed the strut on the ski locker door so it would open wider. All that in 4 years. Sorry to say but the FSH seems to be the least thought out boat in the line.

JDinfla

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
^I think you made your point a couple of post ago. Good thing you dont have one.
I don't think you have anything positive to say so go play with your ski boat.

Grover70

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
I broke the bolster on my captains chair which was replaced under warranty and I changed the strut on the ski locker door so it would open wider. All that in 4 years. Sorry to say but the FSH seems to be the least thought out boat in the line.
Sounds like we're talking different boats. The FSH line is only two years old now, has a bench, and there is no ski locker except for the wet locker on the swim platform. Similar names with yours?

JDinfla

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Btw did 60 miles in our FSH last Sunday and still love it.

Grover70

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
I can't wait to get mine out on the water too. It's a fun and good looking boat, easy to trailer, and the changing room makes it great for family days. So yeah...no regrets.

Evil Sports

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
I call my boat the Paper Tornado. Sorry Im not a blind brand fanboy

Evil Sports

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Thanks man, I have to laugh when people wanna get all heated and fight for their brand on these message boards. [flag]

Grover70

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Thanks man, I have to laugh when people wanna get all heated and fight for their brand on these message boards. [flag]
People take things personally. It's just a thing I own, not who I am. You either like it or you don't, right? If you can put with a few things, you buy it or you buy up!
Safe boating out there my friend.