• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Full Review: Chaparral 203 Vortex Jet Boat..

And is it me, or do seadoo engines just look very....contorted? The Yamaha engines make sense...4 cylinders in a line, head on top...but I can't even see where the various parts are on the rotax.

Chap will be nice....no doubt

For me , NO CLEAN OUT = NO JET BOAT

Bugga... my phone bugged out after typing a ton.
tl;dr version.
I like speed. The 243 vrx may fit the bill. I would buy used once someone doesn't want to rebuild supercharger.
I take my cleanouts out once a year to winterize.
I will wait to see what my kids like to do on the water... 5 years out.
that gives me time to analyze.
The scarab at boat show was like a plastic toy compared to chapp

And is it me, or do seadoo engines just look very....contorted? The Yamaha engines make sense...4 cylinders in a line, head on top...but I can't even see where the various parts are on the rotax.

Forgive me for being dumb as I don't own a rotax motor, nor ever will, but is the rotax motor a true rotary motor is it a piston drive motor. I can see where a rotary motor would be good on the water with high redlines and less rotating mass but maybe their execution is flawed with "other" problems. I know those rotary motors in the RX-7 where bad engines with the turbo with excellent reliability.

Nevermind I just went and looked it up, piston drive.....When I hear Rotax I think rotary....sorry about that.

1) As a VERY happy and satisfied SeaDoo IBR 'ski owner (qty - 2) , and
2) knowing a fair amount about Chaparral and where they rank nationally in their sales categories, and
3) how Chaparrel owners feel about the long-term "Value" and QUALITY of Chaparral products ...

all of this leads me to think of possibly only 1 thing:

Proverbs 29:11
"A fool gives full vent to his spirit, but a wise man quietly holds it back."

All my Very Best to all, sitting quietly on the sidelines of beautiful, warm, and peaceful Lake Oconee, GA, I remain Mikey Lulejian

Last edited:
Looking forward to seeing the new 24' model in person.

That 24' looks like a big boat. I don't know about 12 person capacity, I'd start feeling like a school bus driver.

The little one just doesn't seem to have nearly the features a Yammie does, yes I'm prejudiced, but what can I say?

Here's another video of the single engine boat. Notice the Yamaha behind it when he boards.

He said that this new boat had so many new features not on any other jetboat on the market. Did you guys see any of these features?

That 24' looks like a big boat. I don't know about 12 person capacity, I'd start feeling like a school bus driver.

The little one just doesn't seem to have nearly the features a Yammie does, yes I'm prejudiced, but what can I say?

Here's another video of the single engine boat. Notice the Yamaha behind it when he boards.

I actually had 10 with me last weekend and I could have easily fit 3-4 more. Granted, we were docked and hanging out in the cabin area. I think I could get 5 up front easily...

He said that this new boat had so many new features not on any other jetboat on the market. Did you guys see any of these features?

Does green count as a new feature? :rolleyes::eek:

I actually had 10 with me last weekend and I could have easily fit 3-4 more. Granted, we were docked and hanging out in the cabin area. I think I could get 5 up front easily...

Oh, I hear ya. It certainly is feasible and I'll admit to actually overloading the boat at times while "Hanging Out", but if I have to drag 10 bodies at WOT up and down the Colorado for a few days I'll go batshit crazy! Besides, they want to bring so much shit I have to be the bad guy and put a limit on things...nobody enjoys being "that" guy. I've found that 4 is perfect, 6 is cozy and 8 is tolerable.

One time I had a full boat, plus all the toys, beach bags + chairs, coolers, several trash bags from the beach and the big water pump for the water slide tied to the swim platform. I was so glad I was driving so I could sit comfortably! I still beat all the ski boats back to the barn though.

Back