• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Garmin 94 sv+ FSH 210 install and Transducer works great

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Allright two sets of pictures, mounting to the ride plate. First is just straight mount to it. Second set is using a 3/4" spacer. It is wood in the picture but I have Black King Starboard I could use and round off the ends. It drops it another 3/4" down from the ride plate. I am showing the stock mount, but I do have the stainless steel mount which arrives tomorrow to use if it appears better.

I want to get the true side vue (scan) as well as read at speed. Not sure about turbulence or other issues. I figure I will just use Marine silicone in the hole for the cable in case I need to move the transducer.

Any and all advice and criticism is welcome.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
20210413_184405.jpg20210413_184341.jpg20210413_184346.jpg

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
20210413_184508.jpg20210413_184529.jpg20210413_184519.jpg

JASmith

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
There are some great ideas here. I've got an idea... I'm not sure if it's great, or just stupid.

What if I used this style of thru hull... Garmin GT41-TH | Thu-hull Transducer
thruhull.jpg
And installed it in line with the keel? keelpic.jpg
I was thinking maybe 6-12" in front of the drain plug. it comes out to nearly the same shape as the keel (haven't measured) and would be a single transducer that wouldn't get washed out under any circumstance that I've been able to imagine, it's the lowest point on the boat for maximum viewing angles and smooth water, accurate depth/temp... Lots of Pros.

Cons? structural integrity? drainage? maybe more potential for dragging it on something...

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I looked at that personally, and didn't like a lot about that spot. First take a look at the back of your boat and the cross member on the trailer, not enough clearance or awful close. I don't want to raise bunks and adjust the winch tower, etc. Also the through hull screws are going to be in the drainage channel. Sooner or it is going to hit something. I really wanted to like the position, I just couldn't. Plus as they come out with better transducers I want to be able to change them if I so desire, this could present an issue in this position.

If you can wait a few days, I am fabricating a mount out of aluminum and it will mount on the ride plate on the Port side, where my mockup above is. The Starboard concept is not going be great, I don't think. I just got back from Home Depot for aluminum channel and stock, 1/8" thick. I am taking inspiration from @Julian and his mount. I like it. I don't have to drill into the fiberglass. Can cleanly remove it or change to a different chart/plotter or remove If i sell the boat easier. Also If I hit something good the aluminum will tear off (working on a kick up type idea as well) without ripping out fiberglass. Also I could raise on lower it while adjusting by the side arms. I am going to use SS bolts initially and test out on the water. Then I found a local shop who can weld it for me if I want.

Link to his pictures below.

https://jetboaters.net/threads/my-2016-yamaha-242x-thread-more-photos-added-6-14-19.9464/post-384483

JASmith

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
That could definitely work... I like that. I didn't think of dropping it that far down. And another Pro is I could make a mirrored one on the other side for the LiveScope transducer... oh man.

Good thoughts, thanks for the link!

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I will post pics and materials and measurements in the next couple of days or so. I really want to be on the water on Saturday, 62 degrees here :)

JASmith

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
How is it working out for you? my boat comes back from storage in a few days and I'm excited to get to work on it!

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Pick one is the side pic 2 is from the rear pic 3 is when the clamp lets loose and the aluminium your cutting jumps on the chop saw and you need 8 stitches

20210417_155350.jpg
20210417_155336.jpg
20210417_082732.jpg

JASmith

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Yowza, that looks a little painful. I took my middle finger nail off with a vegetable peeler once (bourbon was involved) and can relate.

The install looks good! Haven't had her on the water yet I don't suppose?

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
No not on the water yet. I used bolts so i could replace the arms and change the length.

crazy4life

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I just installed my 93sv on thursday. Mounted the transducer to the ride plate all the way to the rear. Works great.

IMG_7936.jpg

JASmith

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I just installed my 93sv on thursday. Mounted the transducer to the ride plate all the way to the rear. Works great.
Nice!
What's directly behind the transducer? just something temporary?

crazy4life

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Nice!
That is a straight edge. Had the wife take a picture from the side to make sure the transducer was parallel to the hull. Good thing I did that because by eye it was way off.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Nice!

What about Side Vue/Scan? Your transducer bottom is higher than the keel and rudder seems like it would interfere? I dropped mine lower for that reason. How close does the rudder get to it fully turned? What is the white stuff? Is it Sealant? Why did you use it there?

Have you water tested it?

crazy4life

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
What about Side Vue/Scan? Your transducer bottom is higher than the keel and rudder seems like it would interfere? I dropped mine lower for that reason. How close does the rudder get to it fully turned? What is the white stuff? Is it Sealant? Why did you use it there?

Have you water tested it?
tested it yesterday and side scan was the first thing I checked. Worked flawlessly. The transducer is mounted all the way to the rear of the ride plate. Top of the transducer is even with bottom of the keel. I was interested to see if it worked. Also was pleasantly surprised that everything worked up to 49 mph. Couldn’t get to 50 but it’s not like I didn’t try.
White stuff is 5200 because u can only get 1 bolt in the mounting bracket where it is mounted.DBEAE468-05F2-4090-89D1-7BE59332DFB5.jpegAC0F3A4A-BC7E-45DD-BD7F-399B8BAE91BA.jpeg

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
In your picture it is showing higher than the keel. Do you have a rear picture showing the height?

Also it looks like we have different transducers, which model trans is yours?