• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Garmin Livescope Mounting Options

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
thx. i do want to replace both house and starting batteries with lithium just for the weight. Boat still lists a lot unless i have livewell full. Batteries would help a lot i think.
I think those of us that use our Livescope setups for ice fishing have figured out the bare minimum for a full day of fishing. Let's put it this way, you will not burn up a big group 27 with these setups. Your trolling motor will before any LS setup will.

Ice fisherman, out of necessity, have figured this out as we carry the battery with us, and I'm not about to lug a group 27 across the ice or in a shuttle. In fact, I can run my 93UHD and LVS34 all day on one DeWalt 20v 10ah battery. I would bet that it runs more efficiently at that voltage, but most will agree that a 14v 30ah will suffice. So absolutely any big deep cycle will be fine.

Good luck.

EvenParr

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

OntheWater77

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Here is my setup. I am using a Summit portable shuttle and a fishfindermounts.com LVS pole attached to a Cisco gimbal mount. This allows me to move the pole to any gimbal rod holder on the boat. I also installed a new gimbal rod holder on the front bow starboard side. This extra rod holder install was a great time to also install drain lines for the front cup holders that Yamaha does not include from the factory... 20240128_163720.jpg20240128_163605.jpg20240128_163824.jpg

EvenParr

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
That may do the trick! I'm going to reach out to them right now, and see what I can figure out.
Many thanks!

OntheWater77

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I have been using my Summit Ice pole with the RAM mount conversion in my boat. I had a trolling motor slot in my wave wackers on the transom that is sat in real nice.

I am finding, that I wish it were lined up with my fishing lines though and I may just use it in the bow instead this season. Since it's a RAM mount, I just need to put a ball up front and move it there.

I did purchase a 106SV to go along with my 93sv for in the fish house. One Ethernet cable and I had dual screens. (much cheaper than a GPSmap, just for HDMI out to the TV) But it should work nice in the boat as well. I will use the 93 in back for navigation maps and sonar, and the 106 in the boat with a livescope pole for spotting fish and working them from the bow.

Good luck everyone!