• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Gas prices

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noko

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
How are gas prices with everyone? I filled my boat up last summer in Wis with premium, $100 and it almost filled the tank. I live in Alaska and our prices just hit $5.19/gal. I've never seen that. From what I can read, its not supply/demand but speculation thats driving the price. My wife and I have a short commute but its got to be hard for families that have long drives.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
How are gas prices with everyone? I filled my boat up last summer in Wis with premium, $100 and it almost filled the tank. I live in Alaska and our prices just hit $5.19/gal. I've never seen that. From what I can read, its not supply/demand but speculation thats driving the price. My wife and I have a short commute but its got to be hard for families that have long drives.
I drive about 18k mi/yr.

Just filled up this morning for $99.90. Gas was $5.299 at the first place (threw $20 in), then $4.799 at the second place.

I suspect we're not far away from $6/gal here in the southeast/midwest (Louisville, KY area)

Jim_in_Delaware

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
We are currently looking at $4.59 here is southern Delaware. I have a pretty big tank in my truck (33 gallons) and usually fill up when I'm down to a quarter tank. It's a bit annoying when the gas pump shuts off at $100 and I'm not completely full.

Jim

RNYCLV

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
$4.59 to $4.87 regular here in the Valley
91/93 or 94 is $5.09 to $5.23

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
4.39 in eastern NC

Zizzou 192

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I have yet to hear of anyone downsizing a boat, or changing to a sailboat or canoe due to gas prices.

My boating expenses are about $350 per outing- and that is if no one goes out to eat or hits the bar. Gas price variations are a small part of the total expense scheme here.

Obviously boat, food, and gas prices are not ridiculously high enough, as there are way more people out there this year trying to perform recreational revenge boating and coastal living simulation regardless of logic and cost.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Sorry to say, I’m winning this one, again. Here is what I paid a day or so ago (for super unleaded)
Here in NCal about 30’miles south east of San Francisco.
086C46AE-4853-4FC7-A0E1-167B5CDB2758.jpeg

Rumbo

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
At the current rate it’s $350+ to fill up my boat!!! Give me back our previous economy any day! JDPower says it may go to $6 a gallon by August. I’ll sell the boat if the fun can’t outbeat the wallet pucker factor. Thankfully I don’t tow but 3 miles so there is that I guess :rolleyes:

I drive over 70 miles each day for work too. This shit sucks!!!!! Jimmy Carter would be proud.
It’s looking more and more like we will have our chance to get that economy back in 2 ½ years or so. The only question is how much damage is going to be done between now and then.

Coult45

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
And I’m sure that once the moderators wake up tomorrow this thread will be flagged as political and deleted because they have nothing to argue this blatantly obvious FACT with so they will try to hide it by blocking and banning. Fortunately, enough people know what’s going on.
I'm not a moderator. And I'm no political expert. But that sounds fairly political and intentionally divisive to me. This forum is great when it's not political, which is one of the goals, right? I'm sure there are plenty of forums that would welcome your political opinions. I'd rather see pictures of your boat, hear about the interesting things our community members are doing, and learn from smart people how not to F my boat up too badly.

Jim_in_Delaware

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I work in the oil and gas industry and was talking with a friend at Chevron..He threw out a possibility of $10 gal gas should there be any disruptions this summer (such as a hurricane)….

I do believe we are approaching a tipping point with gas prices that if they go much higher could collapse the economy..

You can thank Biden for attacking the oil and gas industry right out of the gate..hurt investments. Also, regulatory burdens continue to increase..(such as) a lease doesn’t mean crap if you can’t get a permit..

The only bright spot is that Dems are in for a beating this Nov..
I honestly don't understand this post as it seems to be driven more by politics than economics.

The oil companies are currently making buckets of money. Here's a business insider article from a couple of days ago.

Hurricanes cause temporary disruptions to the supply part of the industry as plants shut down to prepare for the storm and repair any damage done from the storm.

There is no U.S. market for oil. It is a world market with prices set on speculation of the future price of oil. The last 5 years the U.S. has been importing about the same amount of petroleum products that we have been exporting. Even if we doubled our oil production, prices wouldn't necessary drop, as there isn't any guarantee that other countries would continue to pump the same amount of oil. This was the whole idea behind OPEC, limit the amount of oil on the whole market so prices stay high.

Jim

Quad

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Sorry to say, I’m winning this one, again. Here is what I paid a day or so ago (for super unleaded)
Here in NCal about 30’miles south east of San Francisco.
View attachment 178404
For all the years I lived in CA, I had not realized until very recently that the west coast is, from a petroleum perspective, an island! I had always chalked prices up to special blends and taxes; both of which contribute, for sure, but are not the key pricing player.

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
And I’m sure that once the moderators wake up tomorrow this thread will be flagged as political and deleted because they have nothing to argue this blatantly obvious FACT with so they will try to hide it by blocking and banning. Fortunately, enough people know what’s going on.
FFS, get on your boat and take a break.

Quad

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Around Portland, ME, prices are around $4.60-4.80/gal for regular. Premium gets you up to $5.30+ fast. Needless to say, I’m glad the Admiral went plug-in-hybrid 1.5 years ago for her 65mi/rt commute. I took her old premium-guzzling vehicle and since I work from home, I only drive it 3mi/day and since 2020, it’s only gone 10k miles!

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Wow, thanks at least 3 reports of political content submitted on this thread this morning.
I saw a 4th that was not reported.

Come on folks, no political intent in the comments. We have all agreed on this at joining this group of boaters.

We all know the reasons for the change in fuel prices. The politics behind them is obvious to anyone paying attention. PLEASE do not take this any further down the political rabbit hole.

This is my first post as a staff member defending the way things were set up here many years ago. There have been threads along the way that test the rules, some have been closed.

In closing, no further politics on this thread please. I still have 3 reports to thumb thru with admin and a malfunctioning bilge pump to fix today.

Thank You

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
. I'd rather see pictures of your boat, hear about the interesting things our community members are doing, and learn from smart people how not to F my boat up too badly.
So why even come into a thread about depressing gas prices? Just ignore it and move on.

I need to figure out how to sail. Not to escape gas but to escape from everyone. This world needs an enema.

Coult45

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
So why even come into a thread about depressing gas prices? Just ignore it and move on.

I need to figure out how to sail. Not to escape gas but to escape from everyone. This world needs an enema.
As I said, I'm here to learn. And I've learned something from almost every thread, even the stupid ones. If I ignore and avoid the bullshit, I run the risk of missing the gold.

Coult45

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Then don’t complain.
that's funny. you're complaining about my complaining. But I actually was just trying to remind some folks about the agreement we all make when we use the forum. I even re-read my post to make sure it wasn't complaining. I think I'm on pretty solid ground here. But thanks for the tips.

Status
Not open for further replies.