• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

getting an ar230 have a few questions

JohnnyR

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
you shouldn't have any issues, these are tough engines,

along with Glassman, since I had most of this typed anyways,

I would
pout a bunch of seafoam in the gas tank and maybe top it off,
check the oil and probably change it and the filter just to be safe,
also change the spark plugs just to know were your starting from (be careful of #3 it can some times get seized so be sure to have an even grip on it and don't muscle it)
put it on the hose and start it up, remember to start the engine, then turn on the hose, turn off the hose then turn off the engine, you should never have water going to engine if the engine is not on.

update your profile with your location so we know where you are, somebody close by might have a YDS to read your engine hours and any fault codes they may have had,
Hey there. New to the forum, have an 08 AR230. Got it used with 150 or so hours on it, have been loving it since. No major issues. Had to replace the water intake hose adapter line and fitting, some of the handles for various compartments. Have change the oil, plugs and filter every year. Have never even attempted to do the fuel filter. Is it necessary to clean it?

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I don't know what the service manual states but I have over 600 hours and no intention to dive into that. Are you having problems or just thinking preventive maintenance?

JohnnyR

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hey buckbuck! I was thinking preventive. I bought the boat in 2013. Have been using it 7 summers now. The lake we use it on has a pretty short season. It had about 180-190 hours on it after several seasons of use. Haven't checked the hours since. Not even sure I have the cable that does that anymore. So I figure at most 20-30 hours a season. Maybe I'm up to 300+. I do the oil, filter, plugs every year. Grease the bearings several times a year. But that is it. If you are at 600, sounds like I am good for a long time. I've been bit by fuel filters so many times on so many machines, it feels weird not to change it.

mark_m

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Never touched the fuel filters in my 07SX 230, it’s still going strong after 6 seasons. Enjoy the boat! Oil, oil filter and spark plugs and you’re good to go!