• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Getting my own little 210 FSH

Ron Zimmerman

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Picking up my boat this weekend. Super excited. I’ve read many threads multiple times. Got a pretty good handle on what I’m getting into. However, what last little reminders to I need as I check in with the dealer? Maybe things I’ve not thought to ask.

SgtBFGunner

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Make sure they go over proper flushing procedures with you. And ask them about Salt Away if you are salt water bound.
Congratulations!!!

Liveto99

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
If your dealer is good I don’t think that there’s anything I could ask for now that I wouldn’t get when I purchased the boat. I would take a look inside any of the cabinets, on the port side underneath the bow seat towards the back see if the inside cabinet is a little rough and make sure that it’s not gonna cut your hand or anything with anything sticking up . If so you can point that out to them and they can sand it. Well it is still up on the trailer at the dealer you can pour a quart of water into the two cupholders at the very very front of the boat and see that they come out the drain or see if they run back inside the boat there were drains on mine but hooked up. If you did not get a boat show deal they are going on right now they should be able to offer you one and get you a yYES warrantee thrown in. Your trailer comes with a spare tire and a bracket for it that should be on It. Take a look at all Yamaha accessories he will probably offer you 25% off any OEM accessories for the day of purchase I bought my boat cover that day.
Have fun!

Ron Zimmerman

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Great stuff @Liveto99 I will go through those with them. I like the water through the cupholders. I am getting the show dealer including a sweet discount on the Riptide Ulterra trolling motor. Got me a OEM cover on Ebay for a sweet price. The dealership couldn't match it. @Gary Willett , not a salt water boat, but will make a couple trips a year to the gulf, so I might still ask.

Foobar

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
- Before you even put the boat in the water, go and and check everything that has any kind of connector. Screws, snap on, whatever. The boat is good quality, but the guys putting it together are hit and miss. I had a lot of miss.

- Check everything that has a silicone seal. Same issue as above.

- I replaced all of the zip ties used on drain lines with stainless hose clamps. You can buy a whole bag at Lowes, Home Depot, Amazon.

- Double check all battery hookups.

- Make sure it has 2 batteries in it. One house, one start.

- Once on the water, you will need to determine if you need to adjust your throttle cables. I had to adjust one to get them even and at the same RPM.

- Get Seadek from JBP if you have an extra $2k. It is well worth the money.

- You might want to sound proof your engine bay. I used something like Dynamat, but rated for engine compartments. This plus Seadek make a HUGE difference in sound.

- Pull the plate from in between the cleanout plugs and remove all of the manufacturing debris. You will end up doing this more than once. Don't be shocked if you find whole bolts. IF they drop one during assembly, they just leave them and get another bolt.

Ron Zimmerman

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
This is great. Making my list now. However, @Foobar not sure about the location of this plate.

Foobar

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
This is great. Making my list now. However, @Foobar not sure about the location of this plate.
Open the lid that covers the cleanout ports. There is an access plate between the ports.

Foobar

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Yes.

Liveto99

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
You can spend a little time with a vacuum on the boat, anyplace there could be some stuff there is shavings and stuff. not horrible but easier to clean out when it is dry. The boat is 99 percent there, these are little things that we noticed. If you get it and drop it in the water and drive it for 10 hours you will be fine. I did and then gave the dealer the list to fix on the first service. I think the 10 hour service is to catch things and fix them. When I go in salt water I bring it to a fresh water lake and run it for a bit if I can.

Ron Zimmerman

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Got my boat. Super excited. One sticking point with dealer. I forked out the $$ for the Riptide Ulterra Autostow/Deploy. However, after arriving home, realized they didn't install an on board charger. Thought I was assumed and part of the "show boat" demo I saw, so thought I was getting it. They want me to bring it back and for a cheap $250 will put one on. Pass, I'll do my own.

I've browse a little on the forum, but don't see, what size anchor fits in the bracket in the anchor locker?

Liveto99

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Fortress FX 7
Stainless chain from amazon and a stainless Clevis
I also got 300’ 1/2’ rope from them it all fits with plenty of room in the anchor locker
The FX 7 locks in with the tabs in the holder

Skroggy66

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
@Ron Zimmerman OK you have had the boat for a little while. What do you think? I am getting ready to purchase an 210 Sport just wanting to know what you think of your purchase.

Ron Zimmerman

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Well, in short, thoroughly satisfied. We are really enjoying this boat. The issues raised by many here, bow wander, clogged impellers, etc have just not been a challenge at all for me. We just got back from a gulf coast trip and this thing owned it. Even a day with 6-8 foot swells. Just hammered through it.

I’m really enjoying my mods listed on this thread. https://jetboaters.net/threads/210-fsh-mod-list-and-assist.21182/ Let me know if you need more info. Glad to offer it.

WBeads

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Congrats! We love ours! Being in MN we get lots of looks as we cruise by and lots of people stop by to check out the boat.