• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Glastron GT207 info

Briwhy

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GTS
Boat Length
How did the thrust vectors impact steering at slow speeds? Looking for some projects in the winter to keep me occupied before I can get the boat out again in May!
They helped tremendously. Makes a huge difference. Talk to Will from jetboat pilot. He can get you set up with them.

Briwhy

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GTS
Boat Length
oh that looks REALLY good with the window tint!
I was up at my dealer yesterday ravenna marine in ravenna OH. They are getting a few 2016 jet boat models in. I didn't know how serious you are about getting one but there great to deal with and would probably work a good trade with you since you own a glastron.

GlastronDude

Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GT
Boat Length
Yeah that's what I did to. They dropped the price 10 grand cause it was later in the season. I just got the windows tinted in mine. I'll have to put a picture up of it done cause I think you will like the way it looks. Over the winter I'm getting the tower put on just didn't have the money to do it when I bought it. Glad to see more people coming on this site with glastron jet boats. Theres not to many of us.
Briwhy - have you winterized your boat yet? If so, just wondering if you drained the intercooler. The manual says to do it, but a few of the videos I've watched don't mention it. Also - I had loud squealing noises when I fired mine up out of the water. Do you get that as well when fired up out of the lake?

Briwhy

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GTS
Boat Length
I had my dealership do the winterization so I don't know if they drained the intercooler or not. As far as the squealing noise I have never heard it starting it out of the water. I will give my dealership a call and ask them about draining the intercooler. I'll get back to you.

Briwhy

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GTS
Boat Length
I had my dealership do the winterization so I don't know if they drained the intercooler or not. As far as the squealing noise I have never heard it starting it out of the water. I will give my dealership a call and ask them about draining the intercooler. I'll get back to you.
So I called the dealership and they said that they run antifreeze through the whole motor so that would mean the water gets all drained out of the intercooler an has antifreeze left in it for the winter.

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Gorgeous boat ! Enjoy ! - Enjoy ! Enjoy !

Mikey Lulejian - Lake Oconee- GA

Nate

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GT
Boat Length
I am new to the site and have been reading a lot. I initially was considering an SX192 but then my wife decided we needed a bigger boat. Priced out the SX212s but too much money for me new. Looking at 30k in my mind. I found a couple used SX210s and lost them. Now I am really considering a new 2015 Glastron 207GT. I love the look but am SOOO afraid of not being able to clean the shaft while in the water, the reliability and support. I boated before but this would be new to our family. I see my wife driving right over a rope the first time out.. I am also considering the stern drive, but the specs are abysmal unless I get the very expensive engines.

Do theGlastrons have some of the features Scarab has like low speed handling mode, ski mode, etc? I can't seem to find much on them at all which has me even more worried these boats are a fad and will be phased out. What is the warranty on these? Or better yet does someone have a late model SX210 for sale!

Briwhy

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GTS
Boat Length
Welcome to the site. So far I love my glastron. I went from a stern drive to a jet boat and it is definitely a change but once you get used to it you probably won't ever go back to a stern drive. Glastron and scarab are made in the same factory by Rec Holdings so I don't think they will be a fad. Glastron doesn't have the special ski, an slow modes like the scarab but I didn't have 60 grand to spend. They have a grate over the shaft that is supposed to help with ingestion of stuff. I think if you rode over a rope you would probably suck it up. My main reason for purchasing the glastron is price and the dealer I bought it off of treats you like family and I know if I ever have a problem they will stand behind me 100%. Good luck with your search and hopefully I helped with some of your questions.

Nate

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GT
Boat Length
Thank you for the reply. I was looking to drive 3 hours away to get it. Luckily there is a dealer within 20 minutes that is trying to see if he can get me a new 2016 one to match the price they gave me on the 15. I might just go for it. I just have to be careful when driving. I see you put on the the thrust vectors. Do they make those that will stay down at high speeds as well? I kind of want the tracking they could offer too. I think it would make pulling skiers easier. Not having EVER driven a jet boat and purely going by speculation based on my jet ski experience, I think it would be nice if they had a version that you could lock in place or release depending upon what you are doing. If just cruising I might want them up, or if skiing down... Anyway, have you had any engine or fit finish issues? Other dealers are telling me Glastrons are cheap. Does the Glastron have the break in mode like the Scarab as well? Sorry for the questions but I want it from a real person and not a salesman.

Briwhy

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GTS
Boat Length
I don't understand why they would tell you glastron are cheaply made. They have been around for over 50 years. If they were cheap they would be out of business. Yes glastron is the entry level boat for the jet boat class against the scarab an the chaparral but I couldn't justify the price for the different upgrades you got. I have the rotax 250hp supercharged. It will do around 43mph. It does have a break in period like the scarab. You won't hit full potential of the rmp range until I believe it was 7hrs then the computer will let the motor go to 8 grand rpm. I believe as well after 25hrs you will get a service engine light. I only have around 15hrs on my boat cause I got it at the end of last year. I'm not sure where you are located but I got mine at Ravenna Marine in Ravenna OH. They are top notch. I got mine for 30 grand out the door and it is the GTS package. 10 grand lower then retail. As far as the thrust vectors they make a world of difference at slow speeds. I don't know if they make ones that stay down all the time. Will the owner of jetboatpilot could gladly help you out with that. The boat handles awesome. They can turn on a dime. Really in the end it's all in what you can afford and what the dealer is like because if you don't have good service then your just another number to them. Keep me posted on what you end up doing and if I can help out in any way let me know.

Nate

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GT
Boat Length
Glastron’s website sucks. It offers very little info on the options. Does the “AM FM Stereo” have blue tooth or an input for an Ipod? What brand and watts is it? I am thinking about the stereo upgrade with the subwoofer. Is it worth it? Zero details are given on the brand or anything. Also, have you driven it at night? I know this sounds silly but most boats I was looking at have LED cockpit lighting which is really cool. The only thing I could find on this was “courtesy light”. What is that? One filament bulb somewhere? This is the only thing bothering me about Glastron or Scarab. It seems like Yamaha really appreciates their owners and offers all kinds of information and accessories. Hopefully that stuff comes, but there isn’t much to get excited about now. If it was me I would give as much detail/pictures as possible of that stuff.. I appreciate your help.

Briwhy

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GTS
Boat Length
Yamaha has been in the jet boating industry along time. Glastron an scarab are on there 3rd yeah with the jet boats. The motors have been around along time though. It does have a AM/FM radio with a USB and a iPod hookup. It also has 3 blue led lights. One walking up where the window opens and one one each side under the side panels shinning forward. I changed all mine out to red. I put them in the cupholders and other places. I wouldn't waste your money on the stock stereo upgrade. I would just do aftermarket stuff down the road. I am currently getting a waketower installed and having a custom Kicker stereo installed on mine. You want me to send you some pictures of the interior of my boat. If you can get the GTS package because you get upgrades with it.

GlastronDude

Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GT
Boat Length
I love my GT207 as well. Couldn't be any happier with the purchase. To each his own, but I have a friend with a 2014 Chap and I prefer the style and features of our boat and paid about $5k-$7k less. They both have the same Rotax engines. Glastron has been making boats forever - it's not that wild of a change to drop a Rotax engine in. Customer service has been great with any questions. Mine came with the upgraded stereo package - Sony BlueTooth Stereo, built-in Sony remote in the back on the stern (which is awesome when drinking beers on the swim platform!) and subwoofer (it's a Marine Bazooka Tube) and it seriously bumps. As for your question about the clean out valves, I've put 15 hrs on mine (bought late in summer) and really knew very little about driving jets and have had zero problems/issues.

Same as Briwhy, let me know if you'd like some additional pictures or info - I can't wait to get 'er back out!

Nate

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GT
Boat Length
I am located in western Ohio by the way. I visited Ravenna Marine's website. It does appear they have a GTS in stock, but 2016. I already have two dealers involved.. i would hate to get a third. I wonder if they would match the price you got though.

I am very happy to hear you both liked the boat. I am also looking at a totally different Stingray boat. The dealer just knocked off even more off that one and is a loaded factory order. It is bigger and an I/O.. I am tired of thinking about it... Besides some color scheme changes Glastron doesn't do a good job of indicating the differences in the GTS from the GT. What are they?

I want the upgraded stereo.. I am having enough trouble convincing the wife we need a boat let alone dropping money later on upgrades. I would rather get it while the getting is good. I am just so happy you both haven't seem to experienced issues. That's my concern.

Briwhy

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GTS
Boat Length
The GTS is just there sportier model. Has flip up bolsters and some chrome accents. There's not a huge difference. My stern drive boat was a stingray 658zp. It had a 350 mercruiser in it and I had problems with it since the day I bought it that's why I ended up with buying something new. If interested i can get you set up with the owner of Ravenna Marine and you guys could work some numbers. Like I said before they are top notch. You won't find nicer people. I drive 2 hours to get my boat serviced by them. Let me know and I can put a call into the owner for you tomorrow.

Nate

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GT
Boat Length
Not yet on the boat dealer. I really appreciate the offer though. I would like to see what my local guy comes back with. I got a quote on a GT207 out the door at 32500. That include tax and everything. I thought that was fair. I asked the local guy if he could match it on a brand new made to order 2016. He was going to check. Regarding the Stingray that is good to know. I was only looking at a 200 hp Volvo though and I am embarrassed to say this but I am considering a 15 year loan putting a few grand down. Someone scared me on that now stating you will always owe a lot more than a boat is worth with that loan especially on a jet boat. I know I can afford quite a bit more but don't want to have to pay it. I know you are not a financial advisor but do you know if a loan of that size is common?. I do want to ask about the noise. I watched a boat test video on it and I didn't mind the noise it made but you could tell it was really loud. Does it get to be too much? Thanks again for all the help.

Briwhy

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GTS
Boat Length
My stingray was used so that's why I had all the issues from the previous owner not maintaining it the way it should be. My loan is a 10 year loan and I think for some people that's common. It's not so loud that it would bother you. I personally like the way it sounds.

GlastronDude

Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GT
Boat Length
I don't necessarily think $32,500 is too bad of a price, but 15 years for a boat loan honestly seems like a long time to finance - many people finance their homes for that length. I think my terms were 5-year at 2.99% - wonder if there's any wiggle room there, especially with the current rate environment.

Boat noise is not an issue. I love the sound of the engine as well. Had 9 family members out on Labor Day weekend 2015 so the back of the boat was filled and we could cruise along and still converse if using adult voices - no different that a stern drive in my opinion.

Nate

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GT
Boat Length
When you put it that way about the terms it is kind of ridiculous. I saw it advertised all over and thought it was the norm. Anyway, thanks for the input. Time to put up or shut up...

Briwhy

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GTS
Boat Length
Well did you pull the trigger on a new boat?