• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Glastron GT207 info

Nate

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GT
Boat Length
No. I finally got the official price from the local dealer on a brand new 2016 built to order and it was 33,800 with tax included out the door. He felt so bad that he couldn't match the price on the 2015 I found in MI that he showed me his cost and said I believe they had old pricing and money back. I just can't do it. I did however find a Yamaha dealer willing to sell a new 2015 SX210 for 35k plus tax. Then there is the Stingray that is 31800 plus tax for a 208LR fully loaded but stern drive. I have no idea what to do. The look of the glastron is by far the best but the maintenance seems to be more with the Rotax engine. I don't know what to do. I read an article on here the other night about the guy with the Glastron that pulled hard left that scared me a bit If you have any words of wisdom please share. I don't want to regret what I buy regardless of the decision.

Briwhy

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GTS
Boat Length
Yeah I read that as well. I wrote to the guy to see if the problem and situation ever got resolved but didn't hear back from him. I don't have any issues like that at all. As far as the rotax engines they have been around for awhile and make motors for all kinds of different things. My main reason for the glastron is the dealership is great and will stand behind me and really the price was awesome. The one nice thing about the Yamaha's is there all one company. It's all in what you want to spend and in the end what your gonna be happy with.

genwrx

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GTS
Boat Length
Glastron’s website sucks. It offers very little info on the options. Does the “AM FM Stereo” have blue tooth or an input for an Ipod? What brand and watts is it? I am thinking about the stereo upgrade with the subwoofer. Is it worth it? Zero details are given on the brand or anything. Also, have you driven it at night? I know this sounds silly but most boats I was looking at have LED cockpit lighting which is really cool. The only thing I could find on this was “courtesy light”. What is that? One filament bulb somewhere? This is the only thing bothering me about Glastron or Scarab. It seems like Yamaha really appreciates their owners and offers all kinds of information and accessories. Hopefully that stuff comes, but there isn’t much to get excited about now. If it was me I would give as much detail/pictures as possible of that stuff.. I appreciate your help.
Hey guys, I'm been looking into getting the gts207 with the XL package and radio upgrade, and although their website does have very little info, i did get them to send me a cad drawing of where the subwoofer is located, which it will be basically under the radio inside the passenger console, let me know if anyone wants to see the dwg and ill post it. it was posted above that the upgraded radio sounds pretty good with the bazooka sub so i think its worth it until i plan on upgrading the radio.

Whenever i get this boat i plan on getting the trust vectors and also installing trim tabs.

Briwhy

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GTS
Boat Length
I have thurst vectors on my gts207 and it helps alot with slow speed steering. I would definitely recommend them. What do you think the trim tabs will help with? I know there usually to help with bow rise but being a jet boat you really don't get bow rise. I'm glad to start seeing a few more glastron people on here.

genwrx

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GTS
Boat Length
My buddy did it on his Seadoo jet boat and it helped stabilize more with the choppy water we often have on our lake.

Last edited:

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I read an article on here the other night about the guy with the Glastron that pulled hard left that scared me a bit If you have any words of wisdom please share. I don't want to regret what I buy regardless of the decision.
@Nate the best thing you can do is take a test drive of the boat you intend to drive (preferably with another member or someone who is experienced in what it should do). We've had people with yamaha's that have problems pulling, if it starts pulling after you know it runs straight it's much easier to diagnose and fix rather than wonder if the pump was installed wonky or the grate is causing friction, etc... it also goes for how it accelerates, any cavitation, etc...

Joey Martinez

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
My buddy did it on his Yamaha jet boat and it helped stabilize more with the choppy water we often have on our lake.
I have a seadoo but yes Lake Conroe is like an ocean it gets pretty choppy

any one try to surf behind a Glastron 207 yet?