• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

GMC Sierra EV

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I am confused by this statement - I know it has a ton of power but towing on the interstate, or even non-towing on the interstate it wouldn't stand a chance against a supercar. EVs typically get smoked 60-100, the downside of having no gearing. (Taycan aside).
Crush like monster truck, not like drag race.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I am confused by this statement - I know it has a ton of power but towing on the interstate, or even non-towing on the interstate it wouldn't stand a chance against a supercar. EVs typically get smoked 60-100, the downside of having no gearing. (Taycan aside).
It's all in what a person means by smoked. Correct, 60-100 a 9000lb truck is going to get taken most times. But if you saw Stradman's video that he posted yesterday, he raced his Hummer EV against a McClaren Senna (some consider a supercar, some call it a hyper car) He was ahead of him till about 70mph (73 on dash), as you called it, then the Senna easily walked away. But it was very entertaining seeing that hummer hold off the senna up to about 60. Pretty freakin amazing for a 9000lb truck!

Start at the 10:30 point

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
It's all in what a person means by smoked. Correct, 60-100 a 9000lb truck is going to get taken most times. But if you saw Stradman's video that he posted today, he raced his Hummer EV against a McClaren Senna (some consider a supercar, some call it a hyper car) He was ahead of him till about 60mph, as you called it, then the Senna easily walked away. But it was very entertaining seeing that hummer hold off the senna up to about 60. Pretty freakin amazing for a 9000lb truck!

Start at the 10:30 point
A good launch on the Senna will still beat the Hummer, though 0-60 in 3sec for the Hummer is really impressive. Perks to EV AWD is they will launch that fast 100% time (at 100% charge). Two more runs like that without charging and I bet the Hummer struggles to break 4 seconds.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
A good launch on the Senna will still beat the Hummer, though 0-60 in 3sec for the Hummer is really impressive. Perks to EV AWD is they will launch that fast 100% time (at 100% charge). Two more runs like that without charging and I bet the Hummer struggles to break 4 seconds.
Same Launch the Syclone and Typhoons had back in the early '90's. Tons of torque on tap, lots of weight to keep the front end on the ground, and AWD traction.

Still the single hardest launching vehicle I've been in has been a Syclone that ran in the 12's. Truck would cut 1.6-1.7 60ft times on street tires. Even my buddies Model 3 Performance didn't hit as hard as that Syclone did, despite hitting EXCEPTIONALLY hard off the line.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
The EVs are really smooth off the line. I was scared I wouldn't be able to control a M3P off launch. It's about as easy as it gets.... as long as you keep your head planted back lol

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The EVs are really smooth off the line. I was scared I wouldn't be able to control a M3P off launch. It's about as easy as it gets.... as long as you keep your head planted back lol
Yea, I think the M3P was probably just as fast as the Sy was, but it was far less dramatic. The Sy launched hard enough it legitimately hurt the fillings in my back teeth and gave my chest a squeeze. The M3P hit hard, but had far less drama to it. Front end didn't really lift at all, and there was no sound to elevate the experience.

I will say the "no transmission" hit of full throttle at ~30mph from teh M3P was damn bone jarring though. It was probably the hardest mid-speed punch I've felt.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Yea, I think the M3P was probably just as fast as the Sy was, but it was far less dramatic. The Sy launched hard enough it legitimately hurt the fillings in my back teeth and gave my chest a squeeze. The M3P hit hard, but had far less drama to it. Front end didn't really lift at all, and there was no sound to elevate the experience.

I will say the "no transmission" hit of full throttle at ~30mph from teh M3P was damn bone jarring though. It was probably the hardest mid-speed punch I've felt.
I am booking the Atlanta Porsche experience this week. Very tempting to book the 992 Turbo S. I couldn't even imagine something 30% faster than the M3P. Probably going to stick with Carrera S though... hard to justify almost double the price.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I am booking the Atlanta Porsche experience this week. Very tempting to book the 992 Turbo S. I couldn't even imagine something 30% faster than the M3P. Probably going to stick with Carrera S though... hard to justify almost double the price.
Had a friend gift me a drive in a Porsche 911 GT3 two summers ago at the Corvette track in Bowling Green. Got to drive the car for 5 laps without any assistance other than coaching from the pro driver in the passenger seat. It was a helluva experience and I would love to do it again. Been threatening to gift that experience to my Dad/Uncle for Christmas for a couple of years.

The power and lightness of the Porsche was just incredible. It literally BEGGED you to just whip the snot out of it. Turn in felt almost telepathic, and once I moved out of Auto and into Manual mode on the trans it got even better. Micro second shifts at any speed or throttle opening, just really exaggerated the feeling of lightness and purpose in that car.

Just need to win the lottery and I could have that on my commute:)

BlkGS

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
In other news, GM.recalled the Hummer EV today, due to battery issues. No known fix right now. So that's neat.

I'm sure they'll have it figured out before any Sierra EVs get delivered

BlkGS

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
911 Turbos really are special cars. They're bonkers for what they can do day in and day out. Rain, shine, snow, back to back... I swear they're engineered to like being abused.

Regular 911s are fast, sure. But the Turbos, those are just something special.

The only real.downside to the 911 turbo is the Nissan GTR existing for half the money.but that's going away soon.

Jim_in_Delaware

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Girl You Know It's True - Picture 1 of 1

🤣🤣🤣

Jim

Jim_in_Delaware

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Well that would be quite the photoshop then. Since many youtube influencers have already toured the truck prototype in person. With video.

Yea, I've watched some of the walkthrough videos (they all dropped within minutes of the announcement).

I'm betting it was a marketing joke or something like that. Then the press team found it and used it without understanding the implications.

I blame the intern!

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length

BlkGS

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
$107k for a Denali EV....Save $6k and buy a TRD Pro for $101k......USED!!!!

CarGurus - 2022 Toyota Tundra TRD Pro HV CrewMax Cab 4WD - $99,981

Truck prices are still ridiculous, but this certainly puts the $107k EV in perspective.
They won't ever sell it. Dealers around here are doing MSRP, maybe a little under on Tundras. Downside is if you want a nicely equipped one, it's a year.plus wait and Toyota doesn't do factory orders, they do build preferences so you won't necessarily get what you want. I ain't waiting for a truck to not get it exactly how I want it.

TimW451

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Side by side of the pics here. Guilty as charged. GM admits and retracts pic.

BlkGS

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Honestly. They're probably both photoshop jobs on a stock image.