• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

GO Pro Camera

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tige
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Last edited:

GiddYupJoe

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NA
@007 solid job on the editing! That seems to be half the fun. Lets us all be small time directors. I have even been getting "B Reel" shots to add in to my edits. Can't wait to finish some of them see how they turn out.

Detonate

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tige
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Dang, I'm a slacker... I still have all the video I took a few years ago in Hawaii that I haven't even looked at yet...

182097_4006470881011_1548889718_n.jpg 577659_4006478081191_474065839_n.jpg

I had multiple GoPro's going the whole time while zip lining at the Umanuma Experience on the Big Island.

Volffas

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Volffas Or anyone else I just bought the suction cup mount. Man that is one nice piece and it has been tested on items up to 150MPH. I put it on the side of the boat and man does it hold! I should have video from it off of the XR tomorrow, as I finally have a buyer!!
Were you able to get any video from the suction cup mount on the side of the boat? I think it would look really cool.

GiddYupJoe

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NA

OCMD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Look no further for accessories than these links. I bought two of each just in case my kid loses something. They are high quality, and inexpensive. Just takes a bit more time to be shipped.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/for-go-pro-hero-4-3-3-2-SJ4000-5000-6000-7000-xiaomi-yi-Soocoo-S60/32441660217.html

These jaws are incredibly tough. Nothing cheap here. Great product. Clip it on your windshield. It will not move.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Go-pro-Accesories-Jaws-Flex-Clamp-Mount-and-Adjustable-Neck-for-GOPRP-Hero-HD-SJCAM-XIAOMIYI/32499883812.html

Personally, I am old school and don't like the fish eye effect you get off a Go Pro. However, they do serve a function for capturing action shots for sure. For that? A great asset. But for routine video, home stuff, sports training I believe you need a good ol' Sony or JVC hand held for less than 200 bucks. Better HD quality, better sound quality, and no fish eye. Again for action sports? Can't go wrong with a Go Pro.

As for editing software, I use them all. Roxio Creator, Adobe Premier, all the big ones. A bit costly. But one of the best I located was also the cheapest. I can't believe they sell this for $4.99. It's an app for your Ipad. EDIT: FORGOT TO TELL YOU THE PROGRAM. COACH'S EYE.......It did not work well with my Samsung tablet, so I just bought it again for my Ipad (one of the few good things about an Ipad). You can go backwards, forwards, zoom in zoom out, use some animations, and then export the file (I use dropbox) to use in another editing application to add music, overlays, transitions, more voice, whatever you want. Unbelievable it cost 4.99 and when I had issues with it on the tablet, their tech support was very good. They actually admitted it worked better on an Ipad so I picked up an old Ipad for use for my training videos. Here's a look see....

Last edited:

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I am pretty sure you can change the video capture settings and narrow the field of view so you don't get the fish eye look.

Volffas

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I am pretty sure you can change the video capture settings and narrow the field of view so you don't get the fish eye look.
I don't think there is a way to turn off the fish eye while you are filming, but there is a "remove fish eye" option while importing videos on the gopro studios app. Usually I run the video through gopro studio and then edit it in my expensive video editing software.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I just wish the colors were more sharp on the gopro I always feel like the colors are dull unless I go in and mess with them during editing and that's a pain in the butt to do.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@ClemsonTiger , thanks for the tip. I work for Apple and haven't taken advantage of the employee discount program much but plan to now and soon. I don't find video editing fun at all. If Apple can help me make it easier and faster without breaking the bank I'm all in.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I bought a Hero2 Go Pro and after the first round of trying to create a finished product, I sold it. The editing is a whole 'nother ballgame, and not a hobby I enjoyed at all. So I do not have another camera of that nature. Back when @Ronnie first got into his drones, maybe before, I was considering a drone to do some commercial boating pics...the editing totally ruined the endeavor for me. So as these programs get easier and easier, that may make owning one of the cameras more fun.

Volffas

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I bought a Hero2 Go Pro and after the first round of trying to create a finished product, I sold it. The editing is a whole 'nother ballgame, and not a hobby I enjoyed at all. So I do not have another camera of that nature. Back when @Ronnie first got into his drones, maybe before, I was considering a drone to do some commercial boating pics...the editing totally ruined the endeavor for me. So as these programs get easier and easier, that may make owning one of the cameras more fun.
It's funny how people see things differently. I absolutely LOVE the editing process. There are millions of ways to make a video, and endless possibilities of adding music, text etc. When I'm editing, that's all I concentrate on, the worries of the rest of the world fade behind me and I get a chance to make something that will live on, hopefully even after my time here is over.

We still watch this video all of the time. I hope that my grandkids can watch it long after I'm dead and gone. They will probably laugh at my mediocre wakeboarding skills and they'll smile when they see their parents as young kids. I would absolutely LOVE to see a video of my grandparents doing something like this back in the 1940's and 50's.

Scuba_ref

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It's funny how people see things differently. I absolutely LOVE the editing process. There are millions of ways to make a video, and endless possibilities of adding music, text etc. When I'm editing, that's all I concentrate on, the worries of the rest of the world fade behind me and I get a chance to make something that will live on, hopefully even after my time here is over.

We still watch this video all of the time. I hope that my grandkids can watch it long after I'm dead and gone. They will probably laugh at my mediocre wakeboarding skills and they'll smile when they see their parents as young kids. I would absolutely LOVE to see a video of my grandparents doing something like this back in the 1940's and 50's.

@Volffas that is an excellent video...I might watch it over and over. My grand kids will wonder who those people are!;)

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA

I totally agree. I wish I had that gene. There are many things I do and thrive at, but video editing just isn't my bag. I suspect some of my woodworking will outlive me, but not my videos!

Volffas

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I totally agree. I wish I had that gene. There are many things I do and thrive at, but video editing just isn't my bag. I suspect some of my woodworking will outlive me, but not my videos!
I couldn't make a stick man out of toothpicks. I wish I had that talent.

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Look no further for accessories than these links. I bought two of each just in case my kid loses something. They are high quality, and inexpensive. Just takes a bit more time to be shipped.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/for-go-pro-hero-4-3-3-2-SJ4000-5000-6000-7000-xiaomi-yi-Soocoo-S60/32441660217.html

These jaws are incredibly tough. Nothing cheap here. Great product. Clip it on your windshield. It will not move.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Go-pro-Accesories-Jaws-Flex-Clamp-Mount-and-Adjustable-Neck-for-GOPRP-Hero-HD-SJCAM-XIAOMIYI/32499883812.html

Personally, I am old school and don't like the fish eye effect you get off a Go Pro. However, they do serve a function for capturing action shots for sure. For that? A great asset. But for routine video, home stuff, sports training I believe you need a good ol' Sony or JVC hand held for less than 200 bucks. Better HD quality, better sound quality, and no fish eye. Again for action sports? Can't go wrong with a Go Pro.

As for editing software, I use them all. Roxio Creator, Adobe Premier, all the big ones. A bit costly. But one of the best I located was also the cheapest. I can't believe they sell this for $4.99. It's an app for your Ipad. EDIT: FORGOT TO TELL YOU THE PROGRAM. COACH'S EYE.......It did not work well with my Samsung tablet, so I just bought it again for my Ipad (one of the few good things about an Ipad). You can go backwards, forwards, zoom in zoom out, use some animations, and then export the file (I use dropbox) to use in another editing application to add music, overlays, transitions, more voice, whatever you want. Unbelievable it cost 4.99 and when I had issues with it on the tablet, their tech support was very good. They actually admitted it worked better on an Ipad so I picked up an old Ipad for use for my training videos. Here's a look see....

Have you ordered off of that sight personally... it appears to be in china. I have order a few things from china.. the best wad a solar powered phone charger.. that thing is great but I am always a little leary about over seas online ordering..

redthumper9

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Correct.....you can change the angle to narrow and it records just like a normal HD with no "fish eye". I love the gopro, but it's good for what it's made for....up close and personal action shots and footage. The lack of zoom will keep you from using it to replace a normal video camera. You simply don't want to do everyday type filming with one.

redthumper9

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length

Great job! I love the choice of music.....Overwerk "Daybreak" gopro edit correct?

Here are a couple that we watch over and over...

eticket

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
After getting crappy pics of a great day out on the lake using my iPhone I overcame my hesitation and jumped into the world of go pro! I got the roll bar mount for my tower and the chest mount for some video while I am on my wakeboard (hope it is large enough to go over my vest). Looking forward to taking some high quality pics and videos out on the water tomorrow!