• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

GO Pro Camera

Volffas

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
A few stills from my new gopro3+ black edition. It was a little tough to put it in the air for the first time but I got used to it quickly after I remembered that it's the most water tight assembly that I have in the air and it's on an exchange policy.

View attachment 3183 View attachment 3184
Great shots! I really hope to buy a phantom next year. I keep watching videos some of my friends are posting and thinking of new and fun things to record. I am hoping that by this time next year DJI comes out with a new vision and the cost of the current one drops.

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Good point!

@Volffas to my pleasant surprise it does!

20140329_092209.jpg

HawkTX

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have an older gopro hero 2. It's no where near as nice and the black edition, but we still use it on MTB trips. I can't wait to take it out on the boat this year!

That is one my favorite songs by the FOO FIGHTERS! Great video.

Volffas

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Anyone have one? if so can you tell me the best way to produce videos, I guess Im asking how do you edit your video
Back to the original question. I just got my GoPro last night, recorded a trip around our neighborhood with the camera mounted to my 1 year old's push car, downloaded it to my computer, uploaded it to the GoPro editing software, edited it and published it on YouTube. I will say that it took a LONG time to import it in the GoPro software, but our computer is 7 years old and not very fast. The GoPro software was fairly easy to use and free to download from GoPro's website. http://gopro.com/software-app/gopro-studio-edit-software

Here is a decent tutorial that I watched last night before I started.

HawkTX

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Does the Go Pro software let you add music?

Volffas

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yes it will let you bring in music to play over the clips. It's really easy to import music that is stored on your computer. I haven't tried bringing in music from I-tunes, so I'm not sure if that is do-able or not.

PedalPirate

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I use windows movie maker and it lets you add music, then I share it on youtube. I tried using the gopro stuff, but it was too difficult for my aging mind to understand!

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I don't have music on my editing PC, so far I've been editing with the gopro free ware then adding music with you tubes video editor. This way he music is not only free but I don't get "possible copyright infringement" notices from YouTube.

The longest part of the entire process aside from actually editing is the uploading/ processing to / by YouTube.

Thanks for posting the floating pic and the tutorial, I will have to check out the latter. I was just toying with the transitions in the last video since I forgot to take some key footage on the last trip and didn't have the energy to do more editing this time around.

GiddYupJoe

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NA
Since I have not been able to use the GoPro on the boat, because this winter has been stupid long, figured I would give it a go with the boys on the driveway jet ski. Turned out ok for my first try! Used the free GoPro editing software.

Volffas

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Very cool! I did something similar for our 1st video. I attached it to my son's car as we went for our evening walk around the neighborhood. I didn't do near as good of a job as you did with the editing, I just wanted to get something out there and see how long the publishing would take. And since all of the crazy gopro videos have the music "Sail" in them I felt obliged to use it on my first video. The only editing I did was speed it up to make the 19+ minute video fit into 4 minutes. I can't wait for all the fun things we can do with this camera this year!

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I liked both videos guys, thanks for posting them. I had (and broke) a gp2 for over a year before I got a gp3 and even then it took me over 6 months to edit and post a video to you tube so you guys are definitely on top of it.

Is there an advantage to posting to vimeo v. Youtube? Sometimes I want to post raw footage with the radio playing in the background but as mentioned earlier found that youtube will send me a "possible infringement notice" and in some cases will block my video from being seen.

FYI one observation I've made is that mounting the camera on my head or chest only gets me some good clips (a few minutes or seconds) of footage, if I want to compress hours of continuous footage I'm better off mounting the camera to a fixed item like the boat's tower. Also I turned pro tune on while snowboarding yesterday and the replay on my PC ended up being very jumpy. If I verify that this is still the case this morning I'll will turn pro tune off and likely never use it again. At least not via the camera (I can always apply it while editing via gopros freeware).

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tige
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I believe Vimeo allows upload of higher quality videos than YouTube

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
How close will a Gopro focus? If I go for one of these, I see an expensive list of things in my future!

1. GoPro 3
  2. New PC to edit video on
  3. Suction mount
  4. clamp mount
  5. Batteries
  6. viewfinder LCD?
  7. RC Helicopter
  8. Stick mount?

Anyone figure out a mount to attach it on a stick to the back and front of a wakesurf board? I think that would make for some cool video!

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tige
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Julian, there are surfboard mounts! Amazon is an evil toybox of gopro mounts !

Magic

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
How close will a Gopro focus? If I go for one of there, I see an expensive list of things in my future!

1. GoPro 3
  2. New PC to edit video on
  3. Suction mount
  4. clamp mount
  5. Batteries
  6. viewfinder LCD?
  7. RC Helicopter
  8. Stick mount?

Anyone figure out a mount to attach it on a stick to the back and front of a wakesurf board? I think that would make for some cool video!
Yep, they make a surfboard mount too! :cool:

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Dont waste your time with lcd screen @Julian the free go pro app is great as a remote and preview screen. A little delay but it saves 160 bucks.

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

HawkTX

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Cool videos. I'm definitely getting one for the summer.

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length