• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

GO Pro Camera

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

scokill

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@scokill got any videos of you getting up surfing with your daughter....wondering how you do that....
So first of all, it's a big board. We borrowed it from my brother's dentist. It's a plastic surfboard, probably 7' + tall. I'm the outlier for our group weight wise....unfortunately I'm up from my fighting weight of 185 to about 210+ and my daughter is 65 lbs, so there is 275 lbs total to get up on board.

Basically you lay in the water with heels on board just like normal, board perpendicular to the boat with little one basically laying with their back on your stomach feet inbetween yours heels on the board just like they were getting up by themselves. You get up just like normal except I crouched a little to stabilize them with my body. After I got up on board I cradled with one hand and one hand on rope.
It helps that my daughter got up the first time on a board by herself. As a matter of fact, everybody in our crew got up the first try except me :(. Everybody is a bad driver except me :)

I'll see if my brother in law has an unedited version.

justason

Jetboaters Admiral
SWAG Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length

Detonate

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tige
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Anyone have any clue when the next GoPro model will be coming out?

So far they have been releasing a new model every year since 2010 I believe. And of course every year they make all the previous housings obsolete...

I've still got two of the HD HERO 2 models, and I'm considering selling them in anticipation of the HERO 4 or HERO 3++++ or whatever the hell they decide to call it this year....

I have the 3d housing which is actually pretty cool.

The problem is that editing 3D video is not all that easy.

Most of the time I use the 3D housing, I don't even link the camera, I treat them as 2 cameras! One shooting video and one capturing still images every 30 seconds or so....

BoaterGuy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thanks! Just ordered one. Did you end up getting the camera from BJ's?
I would caution buying the off brand SD cards. Gopro has a list of recommended cards and brands on their site. That's what I used to buy mine.

maboat

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I would caution buying the off brand SD cards. Gopro has a list of recommended cards and brands on their site. That's what I used to buy mine.
Agreed. The GoPro seems very picky about the brand of SD card when recording super-hi res. From the GoPro website "Not all Class 10 microSD cards have the same data write speeds."

I saw on the NewEgg website they also have the Toshiba 64Gb Class-10 on sale for the same price (different promo code). It claims to have a write speed at 30Mb/s which is good enough for the White or Silver, but not the Black edition. There were no speeds listed for the Patriot SD card but I suspect its no faster than the Toshiba.

BoaterGuy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Nice
Agreed. The GoPro seems very picky about the brand of SD card when recording super-hi res. From the GoPro website "Not all Class 10 microSD cards have the same data write speeds."

I saw on the NewEgg website they also have the Toshiba 64Gb Class-10 on sale for the same price (different promo code). It claims to have a write speed at 30Mb/s which is good enough for the White or Silver, but not the Black edition. There were no speeds listed for the Patriot SD card but I suspect its no faster than the Toshiba.
Nice save. I was barely able to cancel the order. Looks like its a U1 and Class 10.

I found the classifications here:
https://www.sdcard.org/developers/overview/speed_class/
https://www.sdcard.org/developers/overview/speed_class/

justason

Jetboaters Admiral
SWAG Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Thanks! Just ordered one. Did you end up getting the camera from BJ's?
BJs was out of stock...and what they had was the hero3 (not the 3+). I went back to Amazon. It appears gopro controls the prices well thru the marketplace

Sorry about the flash drive false start man !!

Last edited:

Volffas

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
This is a great thread. We are about to buy a go pro (I am leaning towards silver).

I would love to mount it to the top of our tower and take video like @Ronnie 's. And then turn it around to record wake boarding and tubing. Which mount do you guys recommend for the top of the tower?

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Roll bar mount. That is what I am getting ready to buy.

On another note: My locking clip for my shell broke. I have the 197" deep case, anyone know where to get replacement locking clamps? I have filed my claim with gopro and they are sending me another one out but I don't want to be on the water and have this happen again with no back up. And no they don't sell them individually I asked.

Volffas

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks! I will look for a roll bar mount.

Volffas

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just looked at the roll bar mounts, it says they will fit " around any bar from 1.4" to 2.5" (3.5cm - 6.35cm) in diameter"

I guess I was thinking our tower bars are thicker than that? Has anyone verified that this will work?

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
My tower is 2" [ edit 1.875]

Last edited:

maboat

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
2.5" is a fat bar. My AR230 has a factory tower with 1.75" bar [correction: it's 1.875"]

Last edited:

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Just re verified bar diameter, 1.875 measured with calipers.

Volffas

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
You guys are awesome! :winkingthumbsup"

My boat is 20 miles away and I didn't feel like running over there to check today.

Thanks!!!

maboat

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just re verified bar diameter, 1.875 measured with calipers.
I just checked mine with calipers. Yep 1.875 (1-7/8) is what I got too. :winkingthumbsup"

Looks like we were both off +/- the same amount ;)

Volffas

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just finished placing an order for a Silver 3+ from gopro's website. They have a special going so you get a free 32GB extreme micro SD card which is better than any deal on Amazon.com right now.

On Amazon I ordered a roll bar mount, floaty back door, handle bar mount, extra adhesive strips, 64GB Scan disc Ultra Micro SD, headstrap m0unt, 2 extra batteries with dual charger, a tripod mount for making my own extending mount and a new Syma X1 quadcopter since my last one was so much fun (before I wrecked it 1 too many times).

I have a gazillion things already planned to film with this camera, I can't wait for all the things to get here!

Detonate

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tige
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Roll-bar mount is what I've been using. The seat post mount is also handy as it will fit on the grab handles.

But really I like using the tripod mount on an telescoping pole.

If you have someone sitting on the transom for surfing weight, let them film. You can actually get shots of the surfer and the boat at the same time this way.