• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Going to replace these bolts ...

I have decided to go with these : grade 8 with goldish color coating im guessing will offer some corrosion protection for a little while ... I agree Mrcleanr6 the factory were probably cheap bolts ... but at least il have peace of mind hauling to trips this summer with the fam and not have to worry about boat flyIing off trailer on highway .

View attachment 152405
I'd recommend putting some anti-sieze on the threads. I periodically spray my bolts down with yamashield or whatever. Prolong the inevitable.

I thought the zerk was rusted so I swapped it out these trailers don't have that type of bolt with a zerk and Im almost positive they don't have the serrated shoulder either . Someone posted a picture of the bolt with wear marks from being frozen so the pivot point changes and eats into the bolt

For the Bunk bolts they are carrying a fairly heavy load about 500lbs each maybe more in the back compared to the front @yam240sx were did you get the bolts and nuts?

Ah, you've got the grease zerk in the equalizer. Obviously, the marine market likes to march to the beat of it's own drum, so there are some variants, but with normal trailers, there's pretty much always a method to keep the bolt from pivoting. That's how hanger brackets get worn out/oblonged holes, leading to having to cut them off the trailer, and weld new ones on. The replaceable items are supposed to be what gets the wear, not the welded items, if that makes sense. Here again, the marine industry likes to be unique, but unique isn't always better...lol If I ever have to redo my suspension, I'll be using wet bolts with serrations.

I thought the zerk was rusted so I swapped it out these trailers don't have that type of bolt with a zerk and Im almost positive they don't have the serrated shoulder either . Someone posted a picture of the bolt with wear marks from being frozen so the pivot point changes and eats into the bolt

For the Bunk bolts they are carrying a fairly heavy load about 500lbs each maybe more in the back compared to the front @yam240sx were did you get the bolts and nuts?

I'm looking at removing the same bolt to replace broken fender brackets. Is the bolt (circled in red) under weight or can I just push it out, replace the bracket, and reinstall?

Screenshot_20230515_173941_Gallery.jpg

I beat mine with a sledge hammer and it would not move. Let me know if you get it out and how you did it . Time for me to change the bunk bolts as well they have turned into rust balls

I beat mine with a sledge hammer and it would not move. Let me know if you get it out and how you did it . Time for me to change the bunk bolts as well they have turned into rust balls

Wonderful - I'll let you know once I get into it. Maybe I'll get lucky.

Wonderful - I'll let you know once I get into it. Maybe I'll get lucky.

After I worked on it I thought what I should have done was worked on it with no boat on the trailer

Back