• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Good deed got punished, took 10 years

Evil Sports

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Was out fishing with the boys yesterday and a group of 4 kayaks approached. I heard someone say is that Bob? Im like hey, whos that. It was a buddy I coached football with years ago. He was being towed by one of the other yaks. He was having a tough time with that boat. We continued to fish our spot which was unproductive so we spun around and started to approach the Yaks. I said to my crew we should offer to bring him to the docks near by, it will only take a couple minutes. So we roll up on them and while were getting him on the boat one of the other guys unhooks his rope and you guessed it right up into my port motor and stalls it. I didn't see it happen but when that motor went down I knew. Luckily I have my boat set up with the 80# trolling motor so I set that on autopilot and made my way to the docks while I started cutting out the rope. It took about 20 minutes the get all of it out with a $1 box knife. I guess since it was a good deed fail I was lucky it was a thin rope and it didnt melt on the shaft.
Well I made it 10 years without having to cut out a rope but I guess its a right of passage, and I completed mine.:cool:

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I see ,just think if you had sucked up a few more ropes in the past you could have cut it out in 5 minutes rather that taking 20 so it just depends on how you look at it.

NeoBrew

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I beat you. It only took me two years! Mine was an inflatable tow rope. I couldn't believe how lucky I got. It had sucked it up in the middle of the rope. I was able to just back off the winds in a few minutes. The rope and impeller didn't show any signs of distress!

Welcome to the club! (Sorry)

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm on season 6 without sucking up a rope. We're near the end, so good chance we'll make it through this season without incident.

Little like riding a bike, not if you go down, but when.

Evil Sports

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
2k thats like when I was selling motorcycles for Honda and my GM said "theres only 2 types of people who ride.... those that have fallen and those that will".

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
2k thats like when I was selling motorcycles for Honda and my GM said "theres only 2 types of people who ride.... those that have fallen and those that will".
Yeap, exact quote I had in mind.

I'm still luckily in the 1st group, but my riding has been cut back significantly since the second little arrived. Not a danger thing just a timing thing.

Evil Sports

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Sold mine back in 1993. 2 cars, motorcycle, dog, girlfriend, sports= No time. You also have 50% less chance of joining the suck club since you only have 1 vacuum.