• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

GoPro Studio Issues with Windows 8

ToddW850

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Need help from the computer minds.

Background: My wife has a Toshiba Satellite laptop running Windows 8.1. She's had it a year. It's 500 GB hard driving, 4 GB RAM with 2.16 GHZ Intel Penium Processor, 64 Bit Op System. I've got videos from my GoPro Hero 3 White and Hero 3+ Silver downloaded on her computer. No issues playing any of these videos with Windows Media Player or GoPro Studios. White Videos are 1080p 30 fps. Silver 1080p 60 fps.

My wife is on her computer so much, I went and bought a new one almost exactly like hers. Mine is a Toshiba Satellite Laptop running Windows 8.1 with 1TB hard drive, 4GB RAM with 2.00 GHZ AMD A8 processor (no idea what that is), 64 Bit Op System.

I have the same exact GoPro videos on my computer. Plays without issue in Windows Media Player. However, my videos are jumpy and choppy while trying to edit in GoPro Studio. I've reinstalled the program and same issue. I've gone to GoPro Forum and couldn't find the answer to my issue.

Any computer guys out there know what it could be? Or anyone with GoPro Studio have the same issue?

Thanks.

ScarabMike

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@ToddW850

I had the same issue with my old but still new Lenovo Ultra Pad. It had almost the same identical specs as you. I searched and searched for an answer, but nada.

Then I looked at my buddy's HP, and found that it ran flawlessly. The difference was the graphics card. He had a high end GTX card from Nvidia built in.

I purchase another computer, and made sure it had a great card, and a high end core i7 chip. No problems at all now.

ToddW850

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Dang. Okay, thanks @ScarabMike . I will look into this. Maybe that's it then, because everything else I checked on these computers are the same or mine is better.

ToddW850

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I know nothing about Graphics Cards. Here are the Graphic Card info below.

Wife's: Intel(R) HD Graphics
Mine: AMD Radeon(TM) R5 Graphics

Are these comparable?