• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Got my boat

Johnboat

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Finally got my new boat. Pretty excited but have an issue, I did not get an owner’s manual. It’s a loooooooooong story. Short version, 8hr drive one way to get the boat. While signing papers, the dealer prepped my boat for the long drive home. They already had the mooring cover strapped down and ready to hit the road. I was told the trailer tags and owner’s manual were in the glove box. When I arrived home after a 16-hr. drive. I found nothing in the glove box. No tags and no owner’s manual. Im kicking myself for not checking this before I left.

My question is how do I break in a 2021 sx195?
Also, I have a ton of fiberglass dust all over the boat. Is this normal? I guess I should shop vac it up.

Elliott

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
You can download the manual from Yamaha's website under resources.

robby76

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
On my 2021 195 FSH CC Sport dealer told me not to go over 5000 rpm for the first 10 hours. When you come out of the water and move to staging area start engine and rev it three times quickly and stop. Should blow out any water left in engine/exhaust. Undo the two drain plugs and remove the clean-out plug and set in chamber but don’t engage it. Check all your seats and pads for travel home.
Just repeating what dealer instructed me.

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
My question is how do I break in a 2021 sx195?
It's been posted here on the forums many times, 5 mins idle, 90 mins under 5000, and then you can open it up. I recommend you vary it as much as possible during the 90 minutes, don't just cruise at 5000, slow down, speed up, slow down, etc. Just like breaking in a car's engine and transmission. I also recommend you don't go WOT much until the 10 hour oil change...you can do it, just don't hold it there for long, at least until the engine loosens up a bit after 10 hours.
You can also view the owner's manual online here:
Also, I have a ton of fiberglass dust all over the boat. Is this normal? I guess I should shop vac it up.
If the dealer was rushed, they may not have done a good job cleaning it during prep - we had the same issue as we signed paperwork on Thursday and picked up on Saturday. We took her home on a cloudy day with intermittent rain so we washed her down and cleaned it ourselves.

You'll also find a lot of fiberglass and metal shavings in the bilge/transom area. I used a hose to gently run some water through the bilge area and it took a few tries to flush all the junk out. Watch out for loose bolts and nuts too...they seem to miss loctite inside the boat and you'll probably find a bunch of screws and nuts you will need to tighten. For me the engines and pumps have been perfect, but they're made in Japan and shipped to the Yamaha factory for assembly - the assembly in the USA is little more sloppy.

Mustangswan

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Congratulations, love the blue!

InmyElement

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Congrats, +1 on the Blue!
Welcome! As you explore the inside of your boat you'll find leftover fiberglass cutouts, dust, unused clamps, wire ties. Check all your fittings, cleats, chair pedestals, hinges, etc. Its common for several things to be loose or missing..

Brad460

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
It's been posted here on the forums many times, 5 mins idle, 90 mins under 5000, and then you can open it up. I recommend you vary it as much as possible during the 90 minutes, don't just cruise at 5000, slow down, speed up, slow down, etc. Just like breaking in a car's engine and transmission. I also recommend you don't go WOT much until the 10 hour oil change...you can do it, just don't hold it there for long, at least until the engine loosens up a bit after 10 hours.
You can also view the owner's manual online here:
This is probably the best way to break in the engine.
Note: The engine isn’t “loosening up” - what is really going on is that the piston rings are breaking-in to the cylinder walls.

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
+1 on the gratz and +1 on the blue.

Call the dealer and have them put them in the mail to you. I did go through my whole boat pretty early on and tighten everything (actually, I pulled every nut/bolt, added antiseize and tightened them). I'm sure I didn't get them all (like I didn't go for the cleats or anything, but hit all of the hatches, etc.). Glad I did that as it saved me many lost bolts (I did all that after I lost two...). That is a good way to inspect everything and make sure everything is tight and ready.

Don't worry. Once you clean it up, you are in for a world of good times with that boat!

Johnboat

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Congrats, +1 on the Blue!
Welcome! As you explore the inside of your boat you'll find leftover fiberglass cutouts, dust, unused clamps, wire ties. Check all your fittings, cleats, chair pedestals, hinges, etc. Its common for several things to be loose or missing..
Thanks, I will go through it again. I already found a few loose things.

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SE
Boat Length
You can download the manual from Yamaha's website under resources.
Lived in Savanah 9 years, where do you like to boat there? I look online for 2021 manual for the 195 S about a week and a half ago. At this time only available for purchase.

Elliott

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
You are right; they do not have it available for download yet - odd. I would contact the selling dealer (if have not already done that), and I would contact Yamaha and nicely complain about not being able to download it (they might send you one).

We boat mostly in and around the Wilmington sound; our marina is on Skidaway island. Today, we went off shore (near shore) to one of the artificial reefs. We saw lots of Bonito feeding, but we (and the other three boats out there as best we could tell) caught nothing. It was a good weather/seas, and we also saw a manatee swimming through the area.

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SE
Boat Length
You are right; they do not have it available for download yet - odd. I would contact the selling dealer (if have not already done that), and I would contact Yamaha and nicely complain about not being able to download it (they might send you one).

We boat mostly in and around the Wilmington sound; our marina is on Skidaway island. Today, we went off shore (near shore) to one of the artificial reefs. We saw lots of Bonito feeding, but we (and the other three boats out there as best we could tell) caught nothing. It was a good weather/seas, and we also saw a manatee swimming through the area.
Nice area. Have some friends that just moved to Skidaway Island in Sept.