• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Got the itch!

biglar155

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Welcome!

You've come to the right place. Much of the reason I purchased a Yamaha was because I could see the awesome support network available in this community (it went by another name back then...). Other boats have on-line forums, but this place is SO much more.

Take your time, read through the posts, decide if you want "New" or "Used" (note that there's much more info about the older boats available here than the newer ones, but the info on the newer ones grows every day), pick a model, make a purchase and start MODIFYING! We'll be with you every step of the way.

JetSet407

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Welcome @JetSet407 and I hope you don't take as much time as me to pull the trigger. I didn't have the time to use one given my shorter season and the age of my kids (can you say SPORTS). It looks like you are in Orlando and you need a boat. A Yamaha is a perfect option for the <25 footer class.

Good luck and ask a lot of questions. The used boats in this forum are always a great option as @JC6275 mentioned and they usually have the upgrades that we will otherwise spend your money on.

@4x15mph Thank You. Im leaning towards the Yamaha AR190/192 beacause of size/weight combination, preferably used. I have a 2012 Nissan Murano LE that I would be towing with thats rated for #3500. Also Im contemplating storage; I could use my garage but I think it would be cutting close on height at entrance.But I also could store it on my property (No HOAs) side or driveway. Lastly im just taking care of other financials and paying off bills before I make a purchase. I appreciate all the help and support, its very encouraging!!

JetSet407

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Welcome aboard and enjoy the forum. It is a great group of members from all over (many near you), with a wealth of knowledge about these boats. Jetboaters.net has evolved to be the best source of info and best of all, it is free, and it will become your "go to" place for finding support, help, and ideas. And one other thing, that you won't come to find out until you have been an owner for a little while, is that here, you get to experience the fun and excitement of the search and finding the perfect jet boat all the time through the posts of others! So when you start searching, post up your search in pictures and share your journey with us! Welcome aboard once again...and we stand by to congratulate you and your family on their purchase!
I'll definitely keep everyone informed. Right now I'm slowly introducing the word "Boat" to my wife in conversation, lol!! We have a 19mo old boy as well so im just taking my time and evaluating my finances as well. Leaning towards AR190/192 as i said above due to size and bang for buck. The Scarabs are very nice but with research im getting pulled to the Yamaha.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
@JetSet407 , I would encourage you to keep reading and looking into it. I am sure it is just because it is magnified on the forum, but a number of guys end up trading their 190/192 in the first year or two of ownership because the Yamaha they came to love was a bigger boat. I have read many articles about guys wanting more of what you read about here everyday, storage, load capability, and ride...and a 19' boat is vastly different than a 21 or 23' boat. The newer 24' boats are just about like the 23 except the newer features and improvements create even more. I read too many stories of guys buying the 19'er and then starting the mods...then the performance becomes an issue. It just doesn't have the power to support all the extra weight. And the 192 isn't the power beast you think it will be. It really shines at high elevation where a loss of performance is due to density altitude. The downside to considering it as a low altitude boat...fuel burn. The biggest benefit I have found in years of being involved with boats, is the ability to work on them. This membership will provide you with a great deal of knowledge about the boats and how to care for them. And with that benefit, you could easily select a larger boat. There is a benefit to buying a new boat. As a new boat owner, a guy will make some common mistakes and take a few dings. As a new jet boat owner, that is a tad magnified until you gain the experience to anticipate what the boat will do and be able to react before it actually shows you that you need to. So starting off with something not completely new is less irritating when you get the dings that you will get.

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Welcome, @JetSet407 !

Like you, I investigated for years before pulling the trigger. Read every review, piece of marketing literature, boat shows, sales people, owners--all before this board existed. Now there is an instant shortcut. Mind you, we are a LITTLE biased towards jet boats. But we are a friendly and informative bunch. But what everyone said is right. You have but ask and we will be happy to help.

Again, welcome!

RiverRat

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
I absolutely love my 192, and chose it for similar reasons. It fits in my garage nicely, easy to tow, brand new out the door for under 35k. While I definitely agree with @txav8r about getting a bigger boat, and I would recommend it if you could also upgrade your tow vehicle, I went with the 19 footer. I had kinda fallen into deal on my 09 GMC Envoy that I couldn't pass up, but it also allowed me to get a new boat with no car payment. Even though it's rated for 5800 lbs I wouldn't love towing much more than my loaded down 192 with it.

As far as why I went with the AR 192 over the 190, it was less about the supercharger and more about all the other upgrades; Better stereo, stainless cup holders, stainless rub rail, pop up cleats, better carpet, turf on the lower swim deck, and most important to me is the surge brakes on the trailer. Also, I couldn't keep my eyes off the black and blue gel coat.:pompus::)

JetSet407

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
@tdonoughue Thank you. I'm definitely going your route and doing my research. Want to make an informed decision and this forum is invaluable.

@RiverRat Yeah getting a new vehicle and Boat isn't an option. My wife just 'green lighted' the boat and I think I'm going to get an AR192. Now should I go new or used? What's the advantages to new outside the obvious reasons of being new? I see some clean used ones in the 25k range with low hours.

lddv1224

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I purchased my 2013 AR-192 used this past September with 80hrs on the engine. I probably saved close to $8-10k by buying used. Just ask some of these knowledgeable members what to look for and what questions to ask when purchasing a used Yamaha

CFD3Captain

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
Welcome Aboard!!! Like a few others...I went with the 192. I even owned an SX230 three years ago that we sold while we did the motorcycle thing for awhile. Would I like a bigger boat....hell yes, I'm sure we all WANT something bigger. For me it boiled down to a few things. First, towing. I just purchased my wife's Explorer last summer. It is rated for 5k lbs. That is pushing any 21-23' boat. My S-10 that is rated for the same capacity REALLY struggled with my old boat with the hills around me in Ohio. As someone that has a 30-40 minute tow to the lake, it was wear and tear I didn't want to risk. Second, we went to a dealer and liked the size of the boat. Wasn't too small and wasn't too big. Will there be days when I miss the room of a bigger boat....I am sure. Third was price. I got a deal on a boat that had FOUR (4) hours on it. It was brand new and cost less than most 21-23' boats I was eyeing. Last was the wife. She really wanted the smaller boat and she really liked it once we went to the dealer and looked at a few.

With those items pointed out, I chose the 192 over the 190 based on looks ( I love the color) and the upgrades. Do I think fuel burn will be an issue.....I can't say it will be, nor do I care. They all burn fuel, some just faster than others. :) What little we got to use it, we were very happy. Time will tell but I CAN'T WAIT FOR SUMMER!!

Last edited:

JetSet407

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Came down to Miami to check on a boat I've been looking at and try to catch the boat show.. Leaving a new owner of a new 2014 AR192!

The information gathered here definitely helped with my inspection and expectations. Thank you.

Now to make final preparations at home for this baby!ame down to Miami to check on a boat I've been looking at and try to catch the boat show.. Leaving a new owner of a new 2014 AR192!

The information gathered here definitely helped with my inspection and expectations. Thank you.

Now to make final preparations at home for this baby!
IMAG2472.jpg IMAG2474.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

CFD3Captain

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
AWESOME!! Congratulations!

PS: Change your profile :)

Last edited:

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Welcome aboard and congrats on the new ride there @JetSet407 ! I took the liberty of changing your posted pics from thumbnails to full image to make them easier to view...congrats again!

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
As @CFD3Captain said, you can change your profile to show you have a 192, your no longer boat less!

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
@JetSet407 ..... On a cold(er) wintry night, we all needed to read YOUR story !
Great outcome. Really neat. Looking forward to seeing photos of all of your new boating expeditions this year !
Super color choice as well ! Glad you're here !
Best Wishes, Mikey Lulejian - Lake Oconee, GA

And oh yeah ...............

Congrats -jetset407.jpg

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
So you brought it home with you?

Was it purchased from Riva?

Jim Robeson

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@JetSet407 ... beautiful boat!! I'm sure you and your family will enjoy it!!!