• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

GPS with engine monitoring for Rotax

Rick215HO

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length

Rick215HO

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
@Rick215HO where and how did you mount your transducer on your 255? Scarabs transom is oddly shaped.
Jordan, there is a minor downside with this mounting location (see pictures). Whenever you back in the boat into a beach you have to be more careful not to bump the transducer because it is now the first exposed part of the boat. It may be better to mount it between the heat exchanger and the jet drive, but it would require some trial an error which I don't want to mess with.

Jordan Woosley

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Jordan, there is a minor downside with this mounting location (see pictures). Whenever you back in the boat into a beach you have to be more careful not to bump the transducer because it is now the first exposed part of the boat. It may be better to mount it between the heat exchanger and the jet drive, but it would require some trial an error which I don't want to mess with.

Yeah Rick I mounted it by the heat exchangers on the starboard side. For some reason the roller on my trailer is higher and the back of my boat so if I would have mounted it like you did it would hit every time loading it up. Might be because I have it to far up on the trailer I’m not sure but I decided this was a better place. Pic looks messy from the fiberglass dust. E624268B-EA58-4C8D-BD9D-415AC8EF35DA.jpeg

Jordan Woosley

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Ended up relocating factory gauges to the right side. Wanted to still be able to see that screen for switching through the modes.E71B2C5F-202C-4F32-9EDD-40FF0FE66AD2.jpeg

Jordan Woosley

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length

Rick does your system show your fuel level. I just got my yacht device hooked up and it showed everything else but fuel level.

Rick215HO

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Rick does your system show your fuel level. I just got my yacht device hooked up and it showed everything else but fuel level.
Yes, I can see my fuel level and flow rates for each engine. I assume that you have the original dash board still plugged in correct? That is where the system converts the signal from the fuel level sensors so it must remain plugged in.

On the configuration of the YachtDevices Gateway sometimes you need to select "Diesel" for your screen to recognize (something related to NMEA2000 where most displays default to Diesel) - I had the same problem, it was solved moving to Diesel on the configuration.

Jordan Woosley

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Yes, I can see my fuel level and flow rates for each engine. I assume that you have the original dash board still plugged in correct? That is where the system converts the signal from the fuel level sensors so it must remain plugged in.

On the configuration of the YachtDevices Gateway sometimes you need to select "Diesel" for your screen to recognize (something related to NMEA2000 where most displays default to Diesel) - I had the same problem, it was solved moving to Diesel on the configuration.

I have fuel flow but not fuel level. I’ll have to check that configuration the the yacht device. Yes I have relocated the original gauges and are plugged in and are working. Thanks for the reply I’ll keep working on it. E2A366E6-6463-4056-9D0D-411F14186BE0.jpeg

BuckInNC

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
255 Open ID
Boat Length
My boat - new 2019 255 Open Id - came with the TouchScreen Command Console and Simrad GO XSE 9 factory installed. Would like to get the fuel and other engine info from the TouchScreen to the Simrad. Would this be a method to accomplish that? Simrad already has NEMA 2000, just need a way to get BRP to talk to it.

Thanks a lot.

Jordan Woosley

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
My boat - new 2019 255 Open Id - came with the TouchScreen Command Console and Simrad GO XSE 9 factory installed. Would like to get the fuel and other engine info from the TouchScreen to the Simrad. Would this be a method to accomplish that? Simrad already has NEMA 2000, just need a way to get BRP to talk to it.

Thanks a lot.

You have it made! all you need is the yacht device gateway and the NEMA 2000 starter kit and it will hook right up to your boat and simrad.

BuckInNC

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
255 Open ID
Boat Length
Terrific! Just what I wanted to hear.

Thanks for the good news.

Rick215HO

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Yeah Rick I mounted it by the heat exchangers on the starboard side. For some reason the roller on my trailer is higher and the back of my boat so if I would have mounted it like you did it would hit every time loading it up. Might be because I have it to far up on the trailer I’m not sure but I decided this was a better place. Pic looks messy from the fiberglass dust. View attachment 89238
Jordan, just curious, how did this location worked out for the transducer? Any issues with the sidescan? Any issues at planning speed with the depth finder?

ARousse

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
255 Open ID
Boat Length
Terrific! Just what I wanted to hear.

Thanks for the good news.
Have you been able to get this to work? I have a 2020 255 open with the twin 300’s and touchscreen with SIMRAD. I bought the yacht device engine gateway. Re-pinned the connector to match for BRP plug hooked up to SIMRAD but no info, SIMRAD doesn’t even find the gateway module???

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Have you been able to get this to work? I have a 2020 255 open with the twin 300’s and touchscreen with SIMRAD. I bought the yacht device engine gateway. Re-pinned the connector to match for BRP plug hooked up to SIMRAD but no info, SIMRAD doesn’t even find the gateway module???
I purchased the same device, albeit for Garmin, re-pinned too and could not get it to work. Turns out I did not have power and hooked up incorrectly. I even sent the device back to be checked. My situation was pilot/captain error.

BuckInNC

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
255 Open ID
Boat Length
Whoa, that's disappointing. Not long after my post I broke a leg that pretty much kept me off the water for the remainder of the season and I never got around to the install. And was planning to get to it in about a month before putting it over for summer. So, at this point in time I have no idea if it works.

I bought an Ancor 4-way Tee and an Ancor drop cable with terminator that I thought I needed to do the job but cannot confirm that it works that way. How have you connected the yacht device to your NEMA backbone? Let me know what you have and I'll try to replicate it or run down a tech that can lend a hand.

Sorry it's not working for you and hope that we can get it straightened out.

Best - Buck

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
I purchased the same device, albeit for Garmin, re-pinned too and could not get it to work. Turns out I did not have power and hooked up incorrectly. I even sent the device back to be checked. My situation was pilot/captain error.
@BuckInNC forgot to mention each connector needs to be capped. No open fittings was the key for me.

Winerocks

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Reviving this thread! I’m working on an nmea network for my 2015 215HO.
I need some help with programming…I think. I have the YDEG gateway, and have it sending info to my Simrad GO7XSE. I have it displaying both engine rpm’s, but am having trouble with engine temp and boost. Both gauges show port engine data. Not sure if this is Simrad or gateway programming that is not working right. I have tried everything I can think of on the Simrad.
Have not tried fuel consumption, but would like to show that as well.
Any help would be greatly appreciated, and worth a few beers if you happen to find yourself near Bloomington IN.