• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Greetings from Texas! New Member and 2019 AR240 Owner

shar

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Officially part of the (jet)boat owners club! My wife and I picked up our 2019 AR240 Wednesday morning....

I have been lurking for some time in here, exhausting the search function trying to answer all of my first time boat owner questions. Appreciate all of the information you guys have shared. I look forward to doing the same!

We're in the Austin, TX area and drove 10+ hours to the Gulf Shores, Alabama to pick it up.

Before the trip, on Tuesday I received my first trailer hitch (lots of 1st for me here - 1st boat, 1st time towing, 1st trailer hitch, 1st time in Alabama).
I went with the B&W TS10037B - 5" adjustable hitch, mostly because I wanted to be able to accommodate whatever I walked into. Plus, I'm hoping this provides enough flexibility to be the last hitch I ever need.

On Wednesday, we woke up at 2:00am and were on the road by 2:30am

We had to stop once for gas, and another time for lunch, but overall me made pretty good timing. I believe we pulled into the dealership around 1:30pm

And finally laid eyes on our new toy :)

We did the orientation, signed some paperwork and went back to the hotel room to rest up. Thankfully the dealership allowed us to leave the boat there, so that we weren't having to haul it around town. That night we went to this place called The Cobalt for dinner. Pretty good food. We didn't do much exploring as we had to hit the road again in a few short hours. So we went back to the room for some more shut eye, and were back up at 2:30am to pick up the boat and be on our way.

The drive home took us about14 hours, averaging around 14mpg (2017 F150 2.7 ecoboost). Think we had to stop twice for gas but I can't complain. No flats nor damage to either vehicle, so I consider that a win.

Now I just patiently/anxiously wait to get her in the water. Everything has been ordered, just waiting for it all arrive. (life jackets, fire extinguisher, anchor, lines, jump pack, Throwable PFD, etc. etc. etc.) - Now I understand why BOAT stands for Bust Out Another Thousand :)

WildCatFan54

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Welcome & Congrats !! I'm no expert at towing either BUT that looks like a nice combo. Wishing you many hours/years of happy boating.

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I've been loving my AR240 for 4 seasons now. You will LOVE it. Congratulations!

Let me know when your ready to spend another thou$and on toys. I'll shoot you a discount code or put a custom package together. Make sure to message me first. I can always do better thru private sales.

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Officially part of the (jet)boat owners club! My wife and I picked up our 2019 AR240 Wednesday morning....
Before the trip, on Tuesday I received my first trailer hitch (lots of 1st for me here - 1st boat, 1st time towing, 1st trailer hitch, 1st time in Alabama).
I went with the B&W TS10037B - 5" adjustable hitch, mostly because I wanted to be able to accommodate whatever I walked into...
View attachment 105083
Be careful walking around the back of your truck now. You don't want to "walk into" that hitch...It will leave a mark on your shinbone and produce a few select words from your mouth. ;) Nice rig, welcome to the Jetboaters.net life.

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Congratulations on the boat and getting 14mpg out of that engine.

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Congrats on all the first! Nice rig as well with impressive mileage. Just one question, why all the way to Alabama to buy a boat? Must have been a killer deal!

Breju03

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Congrats hope to get little bro AR210 soon. Who was your dealer in Bama and how competitive was the pricing. As far as your local dealer and warranty will you have issues? I’ve heard stories about that. Same story as you 1st timer for all of the above. Congrats again!

mattimus

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
NA
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NA
Congrats! I'm in Austin as well thinking about getting a boat next year :)

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Be careful walking around the back of your truck now. You don't want to "walk into" that hitch...It will leave a mark on your shinbone and produce a few select words from your mouth. ;) Nice rig, welcome to the Jetboaters.net life.
I do this about once or twice a year. Typically when I'm "away from home" and not in my normal routine. Typically my hitch stays OUT of the receiver unless I'm within minutes of hooking the boat up.......for this exact reason. A goo shin wack with the hitch will teach your kids a whole new set of vocabulary words for the week!

@shar Congrats on the new water toy. Helluva way to introduce yourself to towing as well. Glad it was an uneventful trip!

nawlinstornado

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Welcome, fellow newbie! I'm jealous of that gas mileage....

shar

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks for the warm welcome!

Congrats on all the first! Nice rig as well with impressive mileage. Just one question, why all the way to Alabama to buy a boat? Must have been a killer deal!
Congrats hope to get little bro AR210 soon. Who was your dealer in Bama and how competitive was the pricing. As far as your local dealer and warranty will you have issues? I’ve heard stories about that. Same story as you 1st timer for all of the above. Congrats again!
GSPS was the closest dealership near me that had AR240s in stock. Price wise, it was inline with what I have seen people paying here ~ $49,500 pre tax. I did pay an additional $1685 to extend the warranty to 5years. It's through Yamaha and should be honored at any dealer... at least that is my understanding.

B0at1n

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
$49,500 before tax, did that include freight and shipping charges?

PJ73

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
14 and 23 mpg!!!!! I just cannot believe my eyeballs. What speed were you averaging ? I did 14 on my first trip two Florida but I averaged like 55. It took me 16 hours to go from Dallas to Mobile Alabama. On the way back though I got 9.8mpg it i was doing 70mph

Jim Crane

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Congrats! That is a long haul but glad it went well. I have been boating all my life, but have learned a ton over the last year being on this forum. My last mod is one you might consider while the boat is in perfect condition. You have the problem bow roller on your trailer. Very cheap to replace and takes about 5 min to do the job.

Liveto99

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I have my original bow roller and have towed about 5k so far, 10 seconds of scotch brite if it leaves a little rubber on your boat.
nice boat good luck you will love it!

rkim808

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Aloha @shar beautiful Yammy, congrats and welcome to the Gang.🤙🏽