• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Group buy in wake foil?

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Inching closer to this folks, thanks for being patient. Pricing seems to be all worked out as is shipping. It's a matter of adding all the bits and pieces into the site with correct info.

In the process of doing all this I've noticed that in general the prices of the wings have come down quite a bit from last year. Which is great news!

Also, as I've researched changes, it is interesting to me that the wake package changed from what was formerly known as the H5 wing (current Time Code 57) to the Gamma 68 which was formerly named the H2 and was the former surf package wing. I own the H2 wing but in what turned out to be a rather limiting boating season last year I only ended up learning/riding with the H5. I'm curious to know how the Gamma 68 (H2) performs as a learning/towing wing by comparison? @spatty99 & @JDub I know you had some time on this wing, do you think the former surf wing on the wake package is a good move or does the Time Code 57 (H5) offer better versatility in a wake foiling capacity?

JDub

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
The H2 is more stable, and has more lift at slower speed. I would say it would be easier to learn on. The H5 is more playful. Easier to turn and cross the wake. I could surf the H2 with no ballast. The H5 needed ballast, but I'm no pro either. I'm still in for a infinity 84 when your site is up and running also. I wanna try surfing the second wave and maybe a little pump foiling.

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The H2 is more stable, and has more lift at slower speed. I would say it would be easier to learn on. The H5 is more playful. Easier to turn and cross the wake. I could surf the H2 with no ballast. The H5 needed ballast, but I'm no pro either. I'm still in for a infinity 84 when your site is up and running also. I wanna try surfing the second wave and maybe a little pump foiling.
Thanks for your feedback @JDub, I think your opinions here are valid and on track with what I was thinking. The Gamma 65 (H2) seems like a versatile wing that will provide the option to both wake ride and still be surfable which is probably why they include it with the 2019 wake package. While the Time Code 57 (H5) is more dedicated for towing.
So for those thinking of expanding their options, I might recommend the surf package that includes the Infinity 76 and then add Time Code 57 (H5) for a more playful and faster wake style ride.

spatty99

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I have the infinity 84, it has an insane amount of lift even at low speed. Not the most agile of the lineup, but to me a foil is more for carving anyway (used to have a quicker Liquid Force foil, but felt way too twitchy). From what I've researched, either infinity would be perfect for a Yamaha... the 76 for anyone up to 200 lbs, the 84 for 200+.

JDub

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Are you using the larger rear wing with the 84? If you are have have you tried the standard rear wing?

NORCAL-GAS

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Even though it’s still a bit too early to ride for my liking, I’m still looking forward to the details and price 😊

Nauti-Nurse

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Really looking forward to some warmer weather here on Lake Lanier Ga. as I just got home from south Florida today. It was beautiful on Indian Rocks Beach and the knife was twisted a bit watching several SX/AR's skim along just off the beach in the gulf! I sure do miss my home town there with its year round boating!
While i'm itching to get on the new Slingshot surf foil, I'm also a bit nervous! Had to have surgery on my left hand 2 weeks ago and going in for my right hand in the morning! Thankfully the Ortho Surgeon is a friend and fellow wakesurfer and he promised me my hands would be ready for the season. I may have convinced him that the foil needs to be his next adventure for him and his 2 sons, so I may have another bite for the group purchase!
Oh warmer days and water... I beckon you!

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Really looking forward to some warmer weather here on Lake Lanier Ga. as I just got home from south Florida today. It was beautiful on Indian Rocks Beach and the knife was twisted a bit watching several SX/AR's skim along just off the beach in the gulf! I sure do miss my home town there with its year round boating!
While i'm itching to get on the new Slingshot surf foil, I'm also a bit nervous! Had to have surgery on my left hand 2 weeks ago and going in for my right hand in the morning! Thankfully the Ortho Surgeon is a friend and fellow wakesurfer and he promised me my hands would be ready for the season. I may have convinced him that the foil needs to be his next adventure for him and his 2 sons, so I may have another bite for the group purchase!
Oh warmer days and water... I beckon you!
I agree, the warmth cannot come soon enough. Came near 60 today for the first time in months and it was glorious!

I wish you a swift recovery with your hands. I appreciate your upselling, it will be fun to add to the group participating in foiling. It's uniquely fun!

I'm anxious to get things going. We should announce sale dates next week, so hang tight.

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
April 1 is our goal for launch. No joke!

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Are you using the larger rear wing with the 84? If you are have have you tried the standard rear wing?
All the sales information I've seen says that the 84cm wing pairs with the larger rear wing. I couldn't speak for how it performs with the smaller.

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length