• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Group buy in wake foil?

afdouble

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Is there any chance we are going to have another group buy on s Slingshot wake foil this year. I missed last year's and am interested in purchasing.

dan144k

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
interested maybe

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Is there any chance we are going to have another group buy on s Slingshot wake foil this year. I missed last year's and am interested in purchasing.
I'm working on something. Perhaps a sale on Slingshot products that would be more broad base that includes other Slingshot products. I expect to hear from a regional sales rep. soon. Anyone else else interested chime in here, foil or otherwise.

The discount we were able to achieve last season was 25% off, which was extremely fair. Regardless, it was a challenge to meet the minimum number of buyers. I'm hoping including some other products would entice more folks to join.

I'll know more soon, I hope, and let you all know what I know when I know it.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm working on something. Perhaps a sale on Slingshot products that would be more broad base that includes other Slingshot products. I expect to hear from a regional sales rep. soon. Anyone else else interested chime in here, foil or otherwise.

The discount we were able to achieve last season was 25% off, which was extremely fair. Regardless, it was a challenge to meet the minimum number of buyers. I'm hoping including some other products would entice more folks to join.

I'll know more soon, I hope, and let you all know what I know when I know it.
I think there is potentially a lot of interest in the new Slingshot Yamaha surf board.

bobbie

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I might snag a foil if we can get that discount??

JDub

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
J-Rad I'd be in for an infinity 84 wing if it would get you any closer to the group buy.

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
They're a blast @John Mcpartland! I'm looking forward to getting back on it.

It's nice to see the early level of intrest in a potential sale. I've been in contact with a Slingshot area rep. Via email and I'm optimistic we'll be able make arrangements. I should hear back soon.

Av8tor07

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
What’s the learning curve on those? I have never been on a wakeboard or surfboard or anything like this. Looks fun

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
What’s the learning curve on those? I have never been on a wakeboard or surfboard or anything like this. Looks fun
It's a bit of a challenge. Probably not the toy you want to loose your watersports "virginity" to... Surfing and wakeboarding will definitely give you a lesson in the fundamentals that would make learning to foil a bit easier. Not that anyone should be intimidated from trying.

Getting up is most similar to getting up on a wakesurf board. After that, it's pretty unique. It takes some finesse from both the rider and driver. It takes a very soft start. When you manage to get up, keep the speed slow as you maneuver out of the wake. From there you can increase the speed and start flying.

Av8tor07

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
It's a bit of a challenge. Probably not the toy you want to loose your watersports "virginity" to... Surfing and wakeboarding will definitely give you a lesson in the fundamentals that would make learning to foil a bit easier. Not that anyone should be intimidated from trying.

Getting up is most similar to getting up on a wakesurf board. After that, it's pretty unique. It takes some finesse from both the rider and driver. It takes a very soft start. When you manage to get up, keep the speed slow as you maneuver out of the wake. From there you can increase the speed and start flying.
Copy that. Thanks

Rod5

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
I’ll be in for getting the new Hover Glide Infinity 76cm wing (just the wing) if there is a group buy in 2019.

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I’ll be in for getting the new Hover Glide Infinity 76cm wing (just the wing) if there is a group buy in 2019.
Why did they have to go and complicate things more and add even more wings? Then turn around and decide to rename all the old wings...? Sound like the 76cm is where it's at for surfing these days though, I may need to that one to the collection too.

Last edited:

spatty99

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I went with the larger infinity wing (84 cm I believe) and wouldn't want to go smaller (200# rider).

On a long line (around 65') I can plane from about 8mph to high teens comfortably... normally ride right at 13mph.

Just started dropping the rope on wakesurf wake (guessing 15'), and it's nice to have the extra lift for riding at slower surf speeds, around 11mph. The extra lift would be especially helpful for a smaller Yamaha wave.

brddog

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Interested in getting in on a group buy.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We are also wanting to get the slingshot irodisk for the kids
Saw this at the boat show this weekend. Looks like our kind of multi-purpose fun.

If this gets included with a Slingshot GP I'm in.

Would love a foil, but don't have the budget for it. I can convince the wife we need one of these disks. :D

**EDIT**

Just found this video. They had these at the show for $399 I think. If I had seen this video while were were there, I would've come home with one.

How can that NOT be fun?!?!

Last edited:

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@J-RAD

The Budget Oversight Committee (A.K.A. The Wife) just approved the purchase on one of these disks, so I'm 100% in for one at this point.

Any idea on timing? I'm not in a rush as it's currently 3deg outside, however I don't want this to fall off the Committee's radar, or end up with the allotted cash getting spent on a home furnishings budget overrun, like a new couch/loveseat combo that has been talked about a lot lately.

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@J-RAD

The Budget Oversight Committee (A.K.A. The Wife) just approved the purchase on one of these disks, so I'm 100% in for one at this point.

Any idea on timing? I'm not in a rush as it's currently 3deg outside, however I don't want this to fall off the Committee's radar, or end up with the allotted cash getting spent on a home furnishings budget overrun, like a new couch/loveseat combo that has been talked about a lot lately.
...just so long as you don't have to find funding for a "wall" in "your back yard". That is a challenging negotiation. :p I better not say anything more or I'll get accused of being political, which I'm not the type. [flag] Everyone calm down.

So, I received some very positive feedback from the regional rep from Slingshot yeasterday. My hope is we can hash out the business end of things over the next couple of weeks and start up a sale in about a month. I know that's all still a little vague, but it's all positive so far. #saynotocouchsurfing

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@J-RAD Positive info for certain. I've subscribed with alerts to this thread. I'll be watching as intently as I can from this side of the internet.

And no worries on the negotiations for a "wall" we're a little more "inviting" than most. Heck, most of the time we don't even lock our doors!