• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Happy 4th of July!!! POst up pics of your doings this weekend.

Englewoodcowboy

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I will start it off with wishing you all a Happy 4th of July! I am at the lake camping till Sunday.
image.jpg

Last edited:

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I've really got nothing else to do, so I'll probably just tow the boat to florida and cruise to Bimini. Anyone wanna join?

GiddYupJoe

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NA
Landed at the cottage this afternoon. Not coming home till they kick me out on Sunday. The water isn't quite as clear as Bimini @veedubtek but ohio boating is better than NO boating! Have a safe weekend all! Already ran into a crazy at the dock at dinner. They will be out in droves! image.jpg

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Rana can post some early fireworks pictures. We decided to join @veedubtek so we will enjoy the 4th in Fort Lauderdale.

robbo3

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Here's what we've been up to at the lake all week:
image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

biglar155

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
No boating for me this weekend. Maybe washing/waxing, but that's about it. I'm on-call for work and they have one of the major lines down for annual maintenance. This usually means that I'll get at least one phone call to bypass some permissive in the computer so that they can move a crane or run a pump for service.

Plus, the loonies are out on the water in droves and I have no patience at all for that (no offence to fellow jetboaters who happen to be loonies). I generally avoid major holidays on the water. (Always wanted to do the fireworks in Port Washington from the boat, but I've seen the fiasco at the ramp afterwards and decided that I'm NOT dealing with that fun-story.)

We're doing a picnic at the beach today, the parade and fireworks tomorrow. Still deciding whether to go to Mass on Saturday afternoon or have to get up early on Sunday morning after being out late (for us anyway) watching fireworks.

Other than that I made my own honey-do list that I need to get crackin' on (saplings were observed growing in my gutters a few days ago :oops:).

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Just left my store and went home on second biggest sales day. Sick. Very sick. No details to come. Just sad day alone in bathroom.
Enjoying your pics.

GTBRMC

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

biglar155

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Lived in Huron, OH for a couple years (less than 10 miles from CP). Had season passes for the whole family. Great park, awesome if you like coasters! Have fun.
I always wanted to cruise there and be able to base out of that marina for a few days while going to the park.

Cedar Point was a regular run for us when we lived in the Detroit area. We even went a few times while visiting the In-Laws after we moved away. My Father-In-Law and I would pair up. He's a hoot on a coaster. Little old guy hollering like heck on every bump and turn. Funniest thing you've ever seen.

I remember one year my Sister-In-Law didn't want to ride any rides 'cause she thought she might be pregnant. Turned out it was MY WIFE who was pregnant with our oldest (we didn't know it yet) and she was riding all the big stuff with me! I always tell Katie that it explains why she's so scrambled up.

In fact, Katie's first coaster ride (that she was not trapped inside another human being for) was at Cedar Point. She was BARELY big enough to ride. I can still remember at the end of that ride looking down at her and saying "Did that scare you?" she said "Yes!" I said "That was the whole point of doing it!" She got the biggest grin you ever saw and hasn't turned down a coaster-ride since.

Sadly, the family is getting older now and many are no longer able (for health reasons) to ride coasters - my Father-In-Law included. Passing the torch to the next generation I guess. Still, lots of memories there.

GTBRMC

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I always wanted to cruise there and be able to base out of that marina for a few days while going to the park.

Cedar Point was a regular run for us when we lived in the Detroit area. We even went a few times while visiting the In-Laws after we moved away. My Father-In-Law and I would pair up. He's a hoot on a coaster. Little old guy hollering like heck on every bump and turn. Funniest thing you've ever seen.

I remember one year my Sister-In-Law didn't want to ride any rides 'cause she thought she might be pregnant. Turned out it was MY WIFE who was pregnant with our oldest (we didn't know it yet) and she was riding all the big stuff with me! I always tell Katie that it explains why she's so scrambled up.

In fact, Katie's first coaster ride (that she was not trapped inside another human being for) was at Cedar Point. She was BARELY big enough to ride. I can still remember at the end of that ride looking down at her and saying "Did that scare you?" she said "Yes!" I said "That was the whole point of doing it!" She got the biggest grin you ever saw and hasn't turned down a coaster-ride since.

Sadly, the family is getting older now and many are no longer able (for health reasons) to ride coasters - my Father-In-Law included. Passing the torch to the next generation I guess. Still, lots of memories there.
Great stories!

I was boatless at the time, but had chance to go out to the Bass Islands & party at Put-In-Bay a few times. We had a lot of fun, but with Erie's shallow depth and wide open waters, the chop could get very heavy at times. Neighbor had a 32 foot, twin engine Century with a cabin, very heavy hull and approx 10' beam - always felt very secure in that. A 19-24' jetboat? Would have been conditions-dependent to go out to the islands, but there is also a lot of semi-sheltered water in the Sandusky / Catawba area.

True story you might enjoy. I was working at a large automotive supplier in Sandusky at the time. Years before I got there, the many boaters were frustrated as salaried employees that were part of the plant's bowling, softball, golf, etc. leagues were all allowed to leave work at 3:00 PM on weekly league days, but the boaters were not. So, a bunch of the boaters got together, drafted a "boating league" charter, declared Wednesdays (or whichever day, don't recall) to be league days, and stormed the plant manager's office demanding to be recognized as an official plant league. The plant manager gave his OK, and the Boating League was born. Of course, the general activity of the Boating League was to go out to the islands or similar spot and drink huge quantities of beer! LOL.

I went out with the Boating League a couple times, but was not very comfortable motoring home across dark Great Lakes waters at 11:00 PM with almost all involved very smashed.

Anyway, that area offers endless, diverse boating possibilities.

HawkTX

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Still raining in Texas and Lake Texoma is still 23 foot over normal. UGH! I went out to Texoma yesterday to check on my boat and dock house and it still looks like the RED RIVER out there. Maybe next month. I think we are going to hit our local carnival and watch the fireworks. I sure miss the lake!

lddv1224

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I will be at work all weekend. Yippee!!!!!

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Since the lakes that we prefer to go to are still flooded and unsafe to be on we are camping in Tyler S.P.
1435960341645-1503542071.jpg

Englewoodcowboy

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Well so far we have spent a grand total of about 3 hours on the water. The rest of the time has been in the tent hiding from the rain...

Rideitout

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Unfortunately, no boating for us this weekend. We are having some fun with fireworks, though.
image.jpg