• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Having engine problems.need help

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I don't have any videos.i did run it without the shaft and impeller that I pulled out the rear to check for blockages.in or out it was noisy.sounds like marbles.check engine was displayed on the tach.
did it sound like marbles with the pump pulled?

Brandon neidemire

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Revs right up.doesnt miss either

Brandon neidemire

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Auto mechanic for 20+ years.sounds like internal badness.like a marble bouncing off inside of head cover

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Do you mean the shaft and prop out the back of the boat? Yes I had that out and noisy
Yes without the pump attached. If it was noisy then , it is definitely internal. Sometimes the pumps are loud from pump liner swelling or bad bearings.

Brandon neidemire

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Yes without the pump attached. If it was noisy then , it is definitely internal. Sometimes the pumps are loud from pump liner swelling or bad bearings.
Best avenue for an engine swap? Sbt any good? Dealer Yamaha only?any advice?

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

Brandon neidemire

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

Brandon neidemire

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Man this engine only has 350 hrs on it.cant believe it's such an issue

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

Brandon neidemire

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Update on engine.i contacted the dealer I got it from today.he said if it turns into needing an engine he will pay for a reman sbt engine to be installed.has anyone here had any experience with the sbt engines?

WREKS

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I wonder if your boat threw the old 3/4 link timing chain? Did you research Timing Chain Issues?

14SX190

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Update on engine.i contacted the dealer I got it from today.he said if it turns into needing an engine he will pay for a reman sbt engine to be installed.has anyone here had any experience with the sbt engines?
Never good.
Quality is an issue
Someone here had 3 during warranty iirc

WREKS

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
If it was a long block with the 4/5 link timing chain it may work. I would definitely want to have the work done by a Yamaha pwc/sport boat mechanic with references. I think JBN could assist in that. @Brandon neidemire Where are you located? Please update your profile.

Brandon neidemire

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hey guys tap my link and view my updated thread on this damn engine dilemma.i have since had both engines replaced and the port side engine that this current thread is about is having the same issues that blew the original.its at a repritable Yamaha dealer now but he is met his match.let me know if any info on my other thread please

Brandon neidemire

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The engine prob wasn't timing chain.cause I have a new sbt engine in and have the same fuel delivery issues