• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Having Issue With Add Battery Kit

marcham

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I just did a quick test.

With the switch Off or On, the starter batt registers around 12.05-12.1 volts. The house battery is about 12.65-12.7 volts. With the switch set at emergency, both batteries register about 12.55 volts.

I did not test beyond that as it is getting dark. The batteries have been charging since Sunday evening with the exception of yesterday when I was testing it for a few minutes. When I tested yesterday, the engines would start with the switch in the On position. That was after it was charging since Sunday evening.
How many amps is your charger? What is the voltage of the start battery while being charged?

12.1V is low (50 pct discharged) for having been charged for 2 days.. Either the electrolyte is low, it was not being charged or the battery is dead.

djtech2k

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
How many amps is your charger? What is the voltage of the start battery while being charged?

12.1V is low (50 pct discharged) for having been charged for 2 days.. Either the electrolyte is low, it was not being charged or the battery is dead.
I have the Noco Genius Gen2 Mini, which I think is 4amps per bank, dual bank. Weeks ago when I noticed the starter battery would never go to green, I switched the batteries on the charger banks to test it and got the same result. The starter battery is always on red/charging status. The house battery eventually does go green. As of last night, both batteries were still red since being on charge since Sunday night.

djtech2k

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Ok so the batteries have been charging since Sunday other than when I have tested twice.

The Noco was flashing red and green on one of them which is a new thing. The other was still red.

I unplugged the noco and checked voltage. The starter batt was 11.58 and the house was 12.75. While charging it was slightly higher but I don’t remember the number.

I pulled off one of the covers to expose the holes to check the water level. It was hard to tell but I took some pictures.
5C57AD17-2AB3-47D9-9F00-3A3E91F19A94.jpeg5C57AD17-2AB3-47D9-9F00-3A3E91F19A94.jpeg6E82A8D2-CECF-4222-96A1-95B4F9C1BA30.jpeg

djtech2k

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I got some distilled water and mostly filled all of the holes on both batteries on Sunday. They have been charging ever since. I am hoping to go check on it today to see if they are charged or have gained voltage. At this point in the season, I will most likely not buy a new battery in favor of waiting until Spring. I am not likely to get my boat back on the water again and there is no sense in a brand new battery sitting in my garage through the cold winter.

I do still want to see if the distilled water helped. It was super hard to see how much was actually there but it did take a lot of water before the holes started to fill up.