• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Heads up for a possible COBRA JET STEERING COMBO SALE.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I just looked at the same pictures myself, obviously you will be changing the nozzle and the reverse hood in pairs since they both are different, As far as I can tell the magnum ak steering won't be a problem and I doubt the new ultimate A K steering would be either but if any adjustments are needed to use either of those I will be making that for future installations to those systems. I guess it's off to BARNEYS with the camera and tape measure. lol.

Chester

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Cobra Jet Steering LLC I know it's a bit early, as those new Yamaha lateral thruster steering/reverse nozzles have not been officially released, yet. But, is there a way/can you tell which fins would work with the new Yamaha nozzles (in AK hull twins, like my 2016 AR240)? Planning a new design?

I know for sure I will be switching to the new style steering/reverse nozzles, as soon as those becomes available. But I still want fins "down all the time"...

This is going to be interesting!

--
What new nozzles are you referring too? 2019 models? Do you have pictures of these new nozzles?

Thanks

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Jameson Clark

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
All set invoice was sent.
F Y I on my way to go play on the water so all emails will be answered when I return. LOL

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Ok Don't pay the ransom I escaped.. Nice day out there today, fairly high tides and just a bit more wind than I liked but you can always avoid that .
I like the water a lot better on week days rather than week ends . Thank you @Jameson Clark your order will ship in the morning with the others that came in today.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
@Jgorm The steering combo I have on sale that works for your boat is the ultimate/ mega fang set , you can adjust the ultimate fins to provide the exact amount of steering you want from slow speed only to full out high and low speed it is that reason that it is my best selling system and between the ultimate fins and the mega fang plus fins you can stop better in reverse, have more useable power in reverse, steer better in reverse and reduce the high speed steering resistance in forward and enjoy water sport control .

@chadweiser so far I do.

Chester

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So whats the cost for the Magnum AK with standard AK fins?

Thanks

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
ULTIMATE with the Mega Fang Plus for twin engine boats $399.99 and$7 for shipping priority mail in the U S A.
Magnum A K steering with the A K MEGA FANG system $399.99 and$7 for priority mail in the u s a.
Magnum A K system with the single A K fangs is $279.99 Single engine ULTIMATE setups will reflect similar pricing. Must include email address, state the order is being shipped to plus the year and model of the boat.
Ordering may begin now if you wish but shipping may be delayed due to inventory availability as I mentioned previously.
Sale will end with a 24 hour notice.
Sale pricing may not be combined with other promotions , discounts or offers. All warranties posted on my web page apply as does the 30 day money back guarantee as always.
If you wish to add in EZ LOCKS for your clean out plugs those are 39.95 for a twin engine set and may be shipped with the sale parts .
To obtain this price you must email me directly with make model and year of your boat, what you wish to purchase and where it is being shipped to. Jeff@cobrajetsteering.com

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
ok just received a call that my parts are ready so no worries!

chadweiser

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Sounds great hope to get them soon!! Lake Erie has been rough and windy this year!!

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Watched a guy struggle to back in his 2012 Limited to the beach this weekend. He gave up, nosed in and then walked the boat around.

He wouldn't of had this issue with one of Jeff's kits!

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I also find it interesting that I keep reading about people being unhappy about bleeding off a lot of speed in Yamaha jet boats with the rudder and keel . Well the keel is just a big fixed rudder that does not want you to turn, my high speed steering takes care of that in a hurry. this was posted on Yamaha boat owners face book page as an example and then there were more comments like a 19 foot boat owner who hated the bleed off in turns .

Andrew Melchior shared his first post.
New Member · · August 13 at 8:02 PM
Hi everyone and nice to meet you all. I’m new here and new to Yamaha and looking for some insights. Just bought a 2018 242X E-series Wake boat and I like a lot of things about the boat. One thing I’m disappointed with is the boats inability to maintain speed when fully turned. I live in Utah and boat lakes between 3200-6000 ft so I put in the high altitude impellers from Yamaha, never was on the lake with the stock ones. When I turn hard either direction there is a dramatic inability for the boat to maintain speed. I can be cruising at 30 mph and turn hard to complete a 180 and the boat nearly comes off plane and I’ll slow down to about 17-18 mph by half way through the turn. Any thoughts or ideas? Is this typical of the Yamaha? I keep the boat at full throttle and the rpms seem to maintain but speed does not. Hoping to find a way to improve this aspect.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Yesterday I heard back from someone who here who had the original cobra system on his boat for many years, then he changed to the thrust vectors but after a short time he decided to try my Ultimate system .
Hopefully he will post his opinion of the different systems soon.
I am also waiting for the person who has the honor of being the first one to try the Ultimate A K steering on his boat.
He has been helping me fine tune a few minor adjustments to things before I start offering those to everyone.
He said he has already put over 120 miles on them , again I hope we have these results back and posted soon. WITH PICTURES ALSO !
I do currently have him making one more minor adjustment and a few measurements for me.
So thanks for your patience on this item being available I have another member chomping at the bit to be the second person to try them out so as soon as I can I will be sending him his parts .
I finally the instructions ready for printing on both the Ultimate A K and the mega fang plus A K version that can be added to them.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I am still holding this special offer and I may even apply it to the newest Ultimate A K system with the Mega Fang Plus , I have the instructions and some inventory on hand, but I have been on a mini vacation that will end Friday. Both my girlfriend's birthday and my birth day are only a few days apart " well not counting the 11 years between them " So she took a week off for us to go play on the water and quickly learned about bikini sun burns , oh well . So Once I get done with this I am back on track and I will decide if I want to add those or not.

Jameson Clark

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Just got my Cobra Jet setup put on last night. Can't wait to go give it a try on crowded Lake Keowee this weekend!!! Thanks @Cobra Jet Steering LLC for offering the sale on these!

Attachments